Mountain States Health

Add Photos

Dennis Vonderfecht

Great place to work

Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) Johnson City, TN

ProsThey have great benefits and are a large employer in the area.

ConsCuttbacks and layoffs happen for those who are no longer needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of the employees so they can take care of the patients.

Poorly managed

Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) Johnson City, TN

Prospaid on time, free coffee, adequate education of general health care policies

Conslow pay, emphasis on productivity with very little training and support, very high turnover rate, favoritism, uneven benefit structure

Advice to Senior ManagementValue employees who do their jobs well, rather than promote ineffective employees due to favoritism; listen to people actually doing the job, not managers trying to save their positions

Site supervisor II

Site Supervisor II (Former Employee) Johnson City, TN

ProsGreat staff, enjoyable work environment

ConsShort staffed, low pay and poor benefits, corporate needs a reality check

Advice to Senior ManagementVisits sites to see how the teams work together and listen to their frustrations

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Supervisor (Former Employee) Johnson City, TN

ProsEveryone worked as a team!

ConsSalary was on the low side.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve staff more, especially in decisions that affect them.

Love the employees, hate the upper management

Prosworking with a lot of great people.

ConsUpper Management living in old abusive management style. Too much elitist mentality with the upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop picking your "good ole boys" for the job and get real talent in there.

Company doesn't meet it's potential and is mired in political stagnation.

Department Manager (Current Employee) Johnson City, TN

ProsThere are a lot of high quality people employed by MSHA and most in my department are very dedicated to their colleagues and organization.

ConsPay and benefits are not competitive outside of clinical areas. Executive leadership fails to see the reality of the diminished morale in multiple departments. No real attempt is made to keep quality individuals.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to take a long hard look at all the supporting departments to address gaps and team member dissatisfaction.

love the job, employees hate the typical corporate BS

Site Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsColleagues are great, everyone wants to help out the patients.

ConsGoing through some hard times at the moment, very unstable. Too many bosses for each job, tons of internal politics. Seems like employee/boss us and them attitude. Constantly changing the rules. Benefits are OK if you are using in system, but you might as well not have any if you travel.
    Seems like they try to sell more to the employees than to the public, too many fingers in too many pots. Loads of upper management internal squabbling.

Advice to Senior ManagementA few meals and "bonding" times do not make employees feel safer, or better treated. Streamline the management. Almost everyone I know that still works there would be gone if you weren't the only game in town.

Decent company to work for

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Johnson City, TN

ProsReally great benefits, nice employee recognition at holidays, etc

ConsPay is very low, not much flexibility with family emergencies etc

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider that your employees are someone's mom or dad or that people do have emergencies and need to alter their schedules from time to time.

Small town values, small mind leadership

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Johnson City, TN

ProsGreat area. Mostly good people.

ConsFlailing leadership. Over-dependence on Federal (unreliable) dollars leaves entire system vulnerable.

Advice to Senior ManagementDig more into your mid-level (CXO) folks. They are not leaders...they are bureaucrats doing all they can to hold onto their piece of the pie.

Disappointing

ProsGreat Benefits however that is also changing due to the economic downturn. Modern Technology.

ConsEconomic woes due to Health Care. No true vision lost site of the employee for the bottom line. No understanding of direction say one thing do another.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a Vision by listening to the Staff line instead of the upper Management. Then finish the plans instead of starting one thing and jumping to another due to economic issues. You take on projects you can finish not something you have seem to think there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Worked for Mountain States Health? Contribute to the Community!