Mouser Electronics Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
75 reviews filtered by

A good community with growing pains.

Former Intern - Intern in Mansfield, TX
    Former Intern - Intern in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Mouser Electronics as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The company was very welcoming to me the entire time I was there. Everyone was willing to take a moment and tell me about their job, as well as to take any time they could to help me. The facilities are brand new, the warehouse is air conditioned, and the area is nice. I was able to learn a lot both from hands on learning as well as watching other people do their jobs.

Cons

There is a very high turnover rate, and there were several people who were very vocal about their unhappiness. The company is growing very fast, but the employees seem to be suffering through the change rather than adapting.

Find out ways to keep people happy while you grow, and listen to employees dissent.

2. Great place to work and growing quickly!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have worked at Mouser for over 10 years and look forward to going to work daily. It is a team atmosphere with everyone working together towards the success of the business globally. Taking care of our customers and providing service excellence is a top focus and supported from the leadership team. The benefits options are also good. Mouser is growing quickly and it is great to be a part of the growth and success.

Cons

With the growth comes being very busy, but I enjoy staying busy.

Supplier Manager

Current Employee - Supplier Manager
    Current Employee - Supplier Manager

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

People are great! Great food days...

Cons

Growing to quick, not enough time in a day to feel that you got what should be done. Also underpaid all over depts. Instead of giving out a shirt every year why not add funds to employees that work hard and play hard.

Tell your employees Thanks in person and for all you do. Have a open mind to improvements.

Some Treated Well, Others Treated Not So Well

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity for promotion

Cons

HR is very inconsiderate
    Management prefers favorites
    Procedures, at times, muddle productivity

Growing and stable company that I enjoy working at.

Current Employee - Stock Control Associate in Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Stock Control Associate in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have worked at Mouser for 2 years and enjoy coming to work every day. The people are great and I like working for a growing company. I believe that there are growth opportunities in my future.

Cons

The company is growing so fast that everyone is very busy. My day flies by and I am busy from the moment I clock in until the moment I clock out. That's ok though, I like being busy!

Keep this company growing and promote me! Haha! Seriously, your people, like me, are working really hard, so keep on encouraging and supporting us.

Current Office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company has a friendly and family-oriented atmosphere. From the moment you walk through the door you are greeted with a smile.
    The company is growing and has many opportunities for individuals to grow both personally and professionally.
    Mouser also engages employees by organizing events and other team building activities that help build solid relationships.

Cons

The fast-paced growth that Mouser has seen over the last several years does require individuals who can adapt easily. Unfortunately, that type of growth and environment doesn't match every person's personality.

Senior management can be seen walking throughout the entire campus and are down to earth people. It's great to be at a company that has easy access to all levels of management and truly care about the people who make the company function effectively every day.

Aug 9, 2014Director of Talent Resources

Mouser is certainly fast-paced.....and that's the way we like it! Growth!!

Highly Recommend!

Current Employee - Office in Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Office in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly and stable work environment, excellent opportunity for learning and advancement, Good pay - saw other reviews that say its low...Not true, I've experienced it myself - perform well and you will reap the benefits! Never had a lay off - how many companies can say that? Mouser cares about its people. Benefits are good - if you don't think so try Obamacare! Company makes nice contribution to HSA to give employees money to help with healthcare costs. Fun activities and charitable company. Truly an Open Door Philosophy.

Cons

Employees that don't want to contribute 100% and whine about the littlest thing. You didn't have to come to Mouser and Mouser didn't have to hire you - give 100+% and succeed! Employees need to communicate with management about any concerns in an appropriate manner - whining to your friends won't fix anything - talk to someone that can actually help you. Figure out what you can do to improve yourself and fulfill your potential vs blaming others for everything.

Management does a good job being available to employees - just a reminder that even though Mouser is one of the busiest place you will ever work, always make time to listen to your employees and respond appropriately (even if not immediately...its ok to say you'll get back to them...but do it) - employees are your biggest asset.

Aug 1, 2014Director of Talent Resources

Thank you for this great review!

If you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Former Employee - Quote Assistant in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Quote Assistant in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Mouser Electronics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There were no pros in my experience there.

Cons

Benefits are crap, management is incompetent, and CEO is a complete moron that doesn't have any business being a janitor there. They want everyone that works there to have a degree and they expect these folks to accept $11.00 an hour and then act offended if you try to negotiate as if they are being extremely generous.

You should all quit and work at gas station.

Growing so quickly they can't keep up!

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Mouser Electronics as an intern

Pros

I love the company culture and how fast it's been growing. They've never laid somebody off and have never had any debt, so that's really nice. You know it's a stable company because it's a Berkshire hathaway company and Warren Buffett wouldn't invest in something he didn't believe in.

Cons

It doesn't pay too well unless you're gonna be a web-developer or some high up big wig. They also are constantly hiring new people. There's also a high turnover rate, meaning for some reason employees come and go pretty quickly.

Get more organized on what duties go in what area of the company, there can be some confusion.

Aug 1, 2014Director of Talent Resources

Thank you for this review. Yes, being with a growing company has its' challenges....but this is a good problem to have!!

Oh, so average

Current Employee - Office Worker in Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Office Worker in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Mouser Electronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good time off benefits. Clean, inviting workplace. Coworkers are great. Management does a great job of pretending they care about their employees. Free parking. Well maintained grounds.

Cons

Managers that are always right. Many believe they know everything and when you bring up a new idea, they have either thought of it (they claim) or tell you it's not feasible before you even explain it. They tell you to demonstrate initiative, but when you do, they tell you that you should have run it past them first. Very frustrating If you're not one of the chosen ones, sometimes life can be very hard. Bend over and take it then thank them for it or you're left in the dust. Raises are typically <1% all the way up to almost 2% per year...even after they claim we're making more money every year. Salaried management even has their own parking lot, lest they be forced to mingle with their lowly workers.

Take a management class...learn the people side and put it into practice. Quit pretending you know everything. It's people that keep Mouser growing.

Mouser Electronics Photos