Movado Group
www.movadogroup.com Paramus, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Movado Group Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014
Movado Group – Paramus – “Front of the corporation”

Movado Group President, CEO, and Director Efraim Grinberg

Efraim Grinberg

Very professional and understanding company.

Selling Specialist (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

Pros-Flexible hours
    -Awesome bosses
    -Very fair company
    -Yearly reviews that result in raises
    -Great entry level pay
    -Like to promote from within the company

ConsI honestly don't have any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be beneficial if corporate sent out emails or notifications to Movado employees about job opportunities within the company before posting them to the public.

Great Company

ProsAwesome People, great opportunity and good management

ConsDull Environment but everything else is good

Great internship experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosvery hands on and you learn a lot

Conssometimes you don't have that much work and can become bored

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good

Sales Coordinator (Current Employee)

Prosgreat team work and friendly

Conspromote more from within the organisation. Make job opportunities within the company more transparent to existing employees.

Advice to Senior Managementpromotion from within

Good starter job, you get to learn and grow. Don't stay long if you are looking to move up.

IT Analyst (Former Employee)
    Paramus, NJ

ProsGood work environment, laid back atmosphere. Nobody will get in your face and pressure you with your work. Good mix of young and old crowd, access to the watch sales but it gets old after a while. You get to leave most of the time within your 8 hour work schedule. Started off as an Intern and hired full time. You get to learn as an intern and do actual real work. Unlike other internships, you get to learn and be prepared for future opportunities.

ConsUnderpaid and there is no real room for growth in IT. You are pretty much hired and stuck in the position you were hired for. Only good if you are comfortable and not hungry, there is also a lot of favoritism to the old-timers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees the average to what salary posting would pay based on Bergen County, or else they will leave. Phone system is still on an old Avaya system and not on VOIP. That's just as bad as a company still using Windows XP.

Great Place to Learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI worked here as an intern in a few different sessions. The team was very professional but fun. I was given a lot of opportunties I never thought I would get as an intern. It was an eye opening experience into the luxury industry and defintely grew my love of watches! And the internship was paid!

ConsI would have enjoyed a little more structure to the program, but I think interns were new to the department. Some of the meetings were more just to be there and watch, rather than actually participate in.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse the interns as a "bench" to bring into the company fully time.

Literally the most boring place

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsYou learn a lot about watches

ConsBORING, traffic was low and it was incredibly difficult to stay focused

Great place to gain experience, not a lot of growth potential

Intern (Current Employee)
    Paramus, NJ

ProsI am currently working as an intern here, and overall it is a great place for interns. For one, they pay you - which is rare in internships. Definitely not your aver coffee and copies internship, you get real experience, and gain useful knowledge to utilize later on. Super flexible with hours (mine change every semester), and even though you're a part time employee, most bosses are pretty nice about giving you vacation time (unpaid of course).I've never felt disrespected or treated as just a useless assistant by superiors regardless of being an intern. Super laid back, very casual dress code, summer fridays, and overall a fun place to work.

ConsWhile it is a very friendly place overall, it can get a little cliquey in some departments. No discount for interns, and there seems to be very little opportunity for growth. I only know of one or two interns who landed full time positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer discounts for interns, provide more growth opportunity.

great company

Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThe management does an excellent job of making employees feel like part of the team. They try to offer the support necessary to be successful in your role with Movado. Movado and Movado Licensed Brands are established and respected in the industry. Consequently, there is a lot to learn about brand development and representation in the retail space.

ConsBecause it is a larger company, sometimes communications can get crossed. Especially during peak business months like December. During these periods, communication requires a bit more attention and follow up. Unfortunately, it seems the opportunity for growth is limited in this role.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Third Key / Salesperson

Third Key (Former Employee)
    Central Valley, NY

ProsMeeting new people through sales,

ConsCommission was not too good and base pay was too low. For commission you start off at 1% for every sale then goes up to 4% by the time you hit 350k for the year, but by then its December. January you start at 1% again. Even with being top sales person in company, you take home maybe 35k a year, hard to make a living on.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo complaints.

Worked for Movado Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Movado Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Movado Group CEO Efraim Grinberg. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Movado Group employees.