Move Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Updated August 5, 2014
Updated August 5, 2014

Move CEO and Director Steve Berkowitz
Steve Berkowitz

Pros
  • Move has realized that they have not been on the cutting edge of Marketing, and have made recent changes that are gaining them massive market share (in 3 reviews)

• which means that this a great company to work in starting now, and for the next several years as they expand and continue to take market share (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You're basically set up to fail except if you become a favorite then you would get a better book of business and more quality leads (in 3 reviews)

• Senior Management has no interest in technology and needs to be replaced (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

29 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The people are the largest asset of this company. Many have been here for years and are committed to the company and it's goals.

Cons

Top heavy management can create needless red tape

Consider action as opposed to reaction and trust the people that you have hired. The people here are the company's largest asset.

The worst place to work!!!

Former Employee - New Business Account Specialist  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - New Business Account Specialist in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Very low cost health insurance, life insurance, 401k matching, dental disability benefits, etc. They try to show a great culture to the new hires and you will be fooled at first!

Cons

Management is a joke the best people there are not in a position to help you when they start treating you like crap! You can be a top producer and unless you are big on brown nosing you will get nowhere! They feed the top reps and play mind games!

Look at the Managers that have a high turn over and check to see who is getting promoted. They were probably handed deals!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok money, bad workplace

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Move full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

money, professional sales training, opportunity for sales

Cons

management sends leads to favorites, miss your quota 3 times your out, no opportunity for advancement, senior reps get 95% of leads

The food, gym, and holiday parties are great but have a heart for employees that give 100%.Don't fire them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible leadership, zero strategy.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Move full-time

Pros

- Some decent, hard-working folks still there, trying their best
    - Compensation and benefits are competitive

Cons

- Out of touch C-suite that loves to manage with fear
    - Lack of coherent strategy
    - Terrible product, ancient technology, no innovation
    - NAR albatross weighs the company down

From the CEO on down, the C suite consists of web 1.0 retreads who have been unable to adapt to changing market conditions, as evidenced by the way Zillow not only surpassed them in size, but also stole two of their top execs.

Time to reboot the company: dump the CEO and CMO, rebuild the site from scratch, and end the onerous relationship with the NAR.

Great company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Move full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great place to achieve your goals.

Cons

Upper management tents to turn over

Amazing sales opportunity if you have what it takes and you put in 110% every day.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

The money. Flat out it's the money. If you ever felt like you work your tail off and no one notices or pays you any more for it you will realize that there are actually some places that reward you handsomely for doing just that. You will have top notch training, 401k, great vacation and other perks. Did I mention the money?

Cons

Being in inside sales with the majority of your income based on your performance is stressful. It's not for the faint of heart.

Since we already have summer bbq's, snacks and Starb**ks galore, a popcorn machine, car washes and the like can we get a pool table?

Growing organization, strong balance sheet, motivated workforce to win!

Current Employee - Current Employee  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

All organizations have challenges. Leadership strength has set the bar high. Smart, enthusiastic talent was needed at all levels to move this company forward. We have strong technologists, product experts, a kick-a*$ sales org and lots of ideas and challenges to solve. Internal training and leadership development is a constant. The expectations are high and we're positioned for a big win. We work hard and at times long days. The difference about Move is focus and commitment of the team and what we deliver to our customers and consumers. We're encouraged to DREAM BIG and make it happen!

We have a voice and the invitation to share it, strong leaders, great co-workers, and a CEO who's in the office with an open door.

Cons

Need more PR/Comms share of employee successes to further highlight our culture and the great teams we've built!

n/a

Absolutely the worst company for which to work EVER!!!

Former Employee - Sales  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

nice co-workers, good working hours

Cons

Felt like I was in a prison with the warden pacing back and forth with a whip! Very humiliating environment for sales people. You're basically set up to fail except if you become a favorite then you would get a better book of business and more quality leads. I was employed with 12 other people and in less than 8 months, I was the only one left. The sales manager roams the floor and everyone is under the microscope at all times. God forbid if you speak to your neighbor for a minute as you are then chastised. Most people go off on disability to avoid getting fired if they have a few bad months. 95% of realtors you call to renew or sell advertising to are very unhappy with this company and it's basically an dealing with an irate customer base. HEAVY PRESSURE ENVIRONMENT MUCH LIKE BOILER ROOM! Managers/trainers used and encouraged salespeople to employ high pressure sales techniques and didn't basically care whether the products worked for the realtors or not.

treat employees better and more humane and change the high pressure environment.

Don't care about results for customers.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay can be rewarding at times when you exceed your goal. Numerous spiffs are awarded for selling the flavor of the day product.

Cons

If you seen the movie Boiler Room this is the environment at Move. Management is terrible, they just want you to slam people get their credit card and get onto the next call. Extreme favoritism in terms of who gets quality book of business. Customer complaints are never dealt with and encouraged to be ignored or move them into another product that doesn't suit the needs of the customer just to retain money. When customer complains that they got zero results management blames you for selling particular product to customer and takes it out of your commission. Absolutely the worst sales organization I ever worked for and if you don't kiss up to your manager you will never be successful here. I guess the bottom line is I worked at Move for over a year and 20 other employees started around the same time. I only know of one person who still works there. They churn, burn you out, and spit you to the curb. Sales philosophy is what have you sold in last 15 minutes otherwise you can never get the attention of management for assistance Standard practice for reps is to go out on stress leave disability. Don't do it.

Take care of your customers, create products that work for customers, create a level playing field, and teach your managers how to manage as opposed to alienate them from success

Experience is not the same in all locations

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Move full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Open minded with different technology; People are very supportive of each other; Gym in the building is great

Cons

Growth is stagnant in our location; every change of management there's reduction of staff

Employee Motivation needs attention

Worked for Move? Contribute to the Community!