Move Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.3
Ryan OHara

Pros
  • I have positive role models to work with and enjoy coming to work everyday (in 3 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits, awesome co-workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Required to make 100 dials a day, so any chance of actually skillfully building your book of business is nonexistent (in 4 reviews)

• Good sales people were let go not because they couldn't sell but because they got leads dumped on them that had no inventory (in 5 reviews)

Great company, great culture, great opportunity with Move, Inc.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Where to start? Leadership from the top down is amazing. The company has a clear vision of where it's headed and how to get there. The office atmosphere is electric and people believe in what they do because it's making a difference no matter what your role is. The company genuinely values each employee and gives back in many capacities.

Cons

I have not one negative remark.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Mid Weight Technology Company

Former Employee - Yield and Optimization Manager in Campbell, CA
    Former Employee - Yield and Optimization Manager in Campbell, CA

I worked at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work life balance. Professional co-workers. Steady job in San Jose area for someone who wants stability and balance.

Cons

People around you may not be as "smart" as you want. The company doesn't get top tier talent in Silicon Valley. You also have to work with multiple remote teams all over the US.

Advice to Management

Increase benefits and salary if you want to compete in San Jose. Else you will always get 2nd tier talent. It works if that's what you're looking for.

Work here at your own risk

Pros

Move pays well and work life balance is not bad.

Cons

The upper management is very poor. Since their acquisition by NewsCorp the management of the company has been turned over to a hand full of self aggrandizing individuals who only care about themselves and their own advancement. None of the upper management team care about the workforce.

Advice to Management

Focus on your workforce. They are the only thing that makes your company a success.

Great Money!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

The highest pay in the valley. There's not another company paying such high commissions. If you can meet very aggressive quotas, you can make great money.

Cons

Managers will keep you on task.

Move as fast as possible away.

I worked at Move full-time

Pros

Pay at first is great.

Cons

Pay starts out great until they jack up your goals to impossible numbers. You are threatened daily, yelled at in front of everyone, and made to work overtime and on your days off.

Advice to Management

Quit

Marketing

I have been working at Move full-time

Pros

Big company with with owners and vast resources. Emphasis on generating user engagement and clicks. Fast-paced, constantly evolving workplace which means no two days are the same.

Cons

Expected to work 24/7. Immediate managers lack professionalism, vision, ideas and focus. Emphasis on doing, not planning.

Advice to Management

Weed out low level managers who do not add value.

High stress but good job scottsdale dimented people

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place is very stressful working in Scottsdale coming in everyday expected to hit the ridiculously high numbers and to have the quota I have but the end in my book is I have come close every time to the numbers every month because of the leader we have who applies just enough pressure to help guide me to the next level yes the call metrics are aggressive and I received a few write ups in the past because of it but it is just enough for the reward I've received In commission I would only come here if you want to work harder than you ever have ever EVER because it's very aggressive metrics to meet

Cons

People talk about the managers on break and at lunch badly because they're more upset about not hitting their own "quota" and make themselves feel better by trash talking to make others negative bringing down others I've noticed fast my advice is to watch who you go to lunch with and stay on the phone safest bet or you will end up very negative because you haven't gotten a sale yet trust me I almost fell in that trap constant small talk like school after a manager walks by when we have "inventory release" people cry when others get their "zip code" and try to intimidate you to release it its harsh did t realize it would be almost like prison terms to survive

Advice to Management

Keep helping people like me and be careful of the negative people who claim to be account executives on your side that are secretly talking trash at the pool table or in the break room the only reason for my review is because one of them told me to write negative things that are not true for managers just trying to help me and others like me succeed it's sad and truthfully someone needs to see this

Successful Sales Leader

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The real positive about the sales job is the highly skilled sales director who brings such a focused leadership to the department that anyone who works hard will be more successful then they every imagined. The company has many pluses but it's the sales director and her unique ability to make changes that is the real difference . If you are ever offered a sales job there take it because you will become much better then you've ever been .

Cons

The positive results of the sales team takes away any negative aspect of the company

Advice to Management

Continue to develop sales team

Don't Believe The Hype

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At least we usually don't have to go to work on Sundays.

Cons

I have read many of the reviews for this company on this site (and others) and find that there is a tremendous amount of positive B.S. about this place (probably written by someone in HR) that paints a picture of a caring and compassionate company trying to provide opportunities for its employees. The reality of the situation is that just the opposite is true. The negative reviews on this site are spot on, however. Yes it is true that the metrics and the sales quotas are in many cases beyond absurd, but that is just the tip of the iceberg. The reviews don't do justice to the serious morale problems and management conflicts that continue to escalate unabated daily. The insane amount of people constantly being hired and subsequently fired in short order should be a clue to management that there is a problem with their hiring and training processes, and that the unfeasible expectations required of your employees, both new and established, should be reviewed to correct the problem. While you are at it, as others have mentioned, maybe threatening employees that they may be fired every day and creating an atmosphere of anxiety and fear isn't the best business model for a successful company. As a current employee with almost a year working in the Scottsdale call center, I can tell you that I have seen this place really go down the tubes since I started here. It used to be a cool place to work, but owing to some management and policy changes it has slowly morphed into the hell hole it is today. Most here wonder what new oppressive daily requirements the current regime is going to slap us with from day to day. Should you consider coming to work here? That depends...are you seriously nuts?

Advice to Management

Clean house of current management. Allowing managers to continue to thrive who have participated in and may continue to participate in corrupt and illegal activities is not a solid foundation for business growth.

Good Company

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Great company, great pay and benefits. Work hard, sell and be rewarded

Cons

None, do your work, make your calls. Every agent knows the company so that opens the door to dialogue and the sale.

RSS Feed </> Embed