Move

Updated November 18, 2014
2.9

Move CEO and Director Steve Berkowitz
Steve Berkowitz

Pros
  • I have positive role models to work with and enjoy coming to work everyday (in 3 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits, awesome co-workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Required to make 100 dials a day, so any chance of actually skillfully building your book of business is nonexistent (in 4 reviews)

• Very humiliating environment for sales people (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Bait & Switch Management

Current Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Move has a great benefit package but needs to improve the stock performance if it wants that to be a real incentive.

Cons

Expectations set on entry do not always correspond with expectations set after executive turnover. Project priorities need to be somewhat stable, with consistent messaging from management.

Get more grass-roots feedback from your teams & listen to them. They all have mobile devices and they know what your competitors are offering.

If you like to be yelled at daily and written up weekly and threatened to be fired constantly, please apply at move.

I worked at Move full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice clean office and good hours of 730-415 when overtime isn't asked of you. The on going sales skills training is helpful.

Cons

Main problem is they yell all day long, whether you are doing good or bad. Yelling to tell everyone who had the best sales while also yelling to move your records. And customers here this. Very stressful environment! They fire good sales people daily and others quit daily, so they just keep pumping classes through instead of fixing the issues. The goals are unreasonable and the spiffs, are given way too far out, 6 weeks after you earn them. And you are expected to keep the customers from cancelling when they don't get what they're promised or those sales get deducted basically as returns against your current sales.

If the sales rep makes their daily sales goal, why does it matter if they made 125 calls? How can you write them up for lack of calls and threaten to fire them when they made tons of sales. Focus on the bottom line, which is sales and treating your reps with respect. Write ups are demotivating and so is yelling.

From my point if view

Current Employee - AE in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - AE in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great great pay.
    Great leaders. Always will help!!
    VP comes in and helps too!
    I love coming to work !

Great sales knowledge.

Cons

Dealing with realtors sometimes can be hard.

Stop hiring complainers. This is really is hard on those of us who love it here.

Big Promises at Realtor.com/ Move, Inc.

I worked at Move

Pros

Boy's Club. Realtor.com Management is great about taking out some of the guys in the evening. Sometimes management will buy lunch or treat people to lunch. Luck of the draw Prizes and Prizes for Sales. Nice break room (sometimes with free snacks), clean restrooms, nice looking newer building, ample parking, landscaping, security doors and friendly receptionist.

Cons

Big Promises with High Turn over due to unrealistic quotas. Boys' club. If you take this job, keep looking for the next one after Realtor.com. Even heavy hitters may see the door. Three months off quota and you are out. Always signing new sales agreement (Sales Compensation Plan), so that you don't know how long it will be before you don't make your numbers. The product you are selling can be a boomerang, when there is product for you to sell. Integrity issues are rife. You will be told in the interview about sales numbers that are not in your sales group or state and told about high numbers by people were let go for not meeting quota, eventually. If you take this job, you will remember later that you read this in advance. Cheers!

Roller coaster

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Move full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits, awesome co-workers.

Cons

Horrible sales management. Questionable accounting practices.

Don't promote shady sales people to management.

Great Product, Lots of Turnover

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Move full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Realtor.com is the best product out there and lots of support from industry.

Cons

A year and half of turnover has caused a scattered direction.

Written Warning

Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (less than an year)

Pros

When your walked out of the building you can see Scottsdale mountain

Cons

Let's start as you come to work the adman who thinks she is the ceo will tell you not to clock in before 7 or you will get a written warning next the "managers will ridicule demean humiliate intimidate you into selling and if you don't you will be embarrassed in front of entire sales crew. Next if you don't meet your metric that day first is an email to entire sales crew that you missed your metric next yep, written warning, now you have one week to meet your weekly sales goal if not, written warning first week second week your fired now if you miss your monthly sales goal, let's say it together, Written Warning, and of course you are not allow to sit at your desk during lunch and if you do, come on you know, yes written warning, am I through, no of course not, if your late you loose your spiffs, if you don't document your sales in a system that constantly crashes written warning , if you come to work to achieve goals, help build a team, be positive about yourself and your company, try and overcome challenges in a productive way respect your follow employee well then brother you walked into the wrong building .

Finally A Real Sales Job!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I currently work for the Realtor.com Sales Team in Scottsdale. I have been with this company for 2.5 months. Although I have just joined the company, I am finding that Move offers a great opportunity to earn a lot of money just as stated in the interview. I have received unconditional support from the Sales Manager to ensure my personal success and this is most likely the best great coaching and training I have received in my 15 years of selling. The coaching is not only from my manager, but from the Vice President of Sales himself. I can't tell you I have ever been at a job where the Vice President of Sales puts in so much time coaching and training a sales team.

They provide scripts, in-cube coaching, training classes on every aspect of selling, while the managers and mentors are always walking the floor in case I need any assistance. If I need help closing a deal, I have ample support to make sure I never miss a beat, and they will even jump on the call if needed.
    At most sales jobs I have had in the past, I spent 30% of the time selling and 70% of the time doing paperwork and follow up tasks. Here, the support team is just amazing. The team takes on most of the administrative work which creates ample time to consult and close deals. I don’t have to waste my selling time doing paperwork and customer care.

They are very generous with the sales people who work hard and succeed here. There is an ability to make money very quickly, and you get paid on everything you sell (there are no minimum requirements). Instead of handing you a phone book to call out of they give you a set of customers to work from that are very familiar with their core product.
     In my past experiences, I have sold a whole bunch of different products that you definitely had to have sales team call to push or it would of never left the shelves. With the lead generation system I am presenting now, I have already had a number of agents calling me back letting me know the system is working for them. One of my customers I upsold from my book of business actually has a closing next week. That is within 35 days of investing. For once, I spend more time calling my customers to spend more instead of running from them wanting to cancel.
    $$$$ Since I have been here I have won over $700 in spiff cards. The awards and spiffs for recognition are almost daily if not several times a day!!! It is a pity it took me so long to find this job, but now that I am here, I can feel I am well on track to exceed my target comp. Even my wife asked me why I seem so excited about all the time about going to work. And I tell her it is because I am finally in a true sales environment and not sitting next to telemarketers. She is a doctor, so I tease her all the time, that she should leave her practice, as I see myself very shortly making more money than her.

I am only sharing this with you because I wish someone shared a job like this with me 20 years ago. If you are a true sales professional, get in here now!! But if you are a telemarketer, don’t bother.
    The company offers a referral program, so call me direct, and I can get the $500 for referring you in! The company is still hiring strong sales pros.

Cons

My wife does not have the required skill set to get employed here. Just kidding. Seriously, jokes aside, I wish there was more time in the day to keep closing deals. The company give us over time daily and optional Saturdays, but quite honestly there is so much opportunity it drives me crazy when I have to leave.

The only advice I can give management, they need to be a little bit more picky about who they select for this opportunity. It is not a telemarketing job, it is a real sales job, and I have come across a handful of my peers who do not have the competence level to become successful. Can I get their leads and agents to call!!??

Account Executive

I worked at Move full-time (less than an year)

Pros

-friendly co-workers
    -good base pay
    -stocked kitchen

Cons

-management was very unorganized and real estate agents are tough to deal with, but that's true with any other job like this
    -got leads that were not great and made 150-175 cold calls a day

hire better managers

Absolutely, positively, the WORST company I have ever worked for in my 20 year career. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

I worked at Move full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I did meet many well educated and qualified sales professionals while working here. Other than that there are no pros because anything that benefits the sales people will be taken away or changed to benefit management and their wallets.

Cons

So many where to begin? If you do well, they will cut your commission and then try to deny they did so, all the while thinking you are foolish enough to believe them. Unreasonable metrics that you must adhere to, no matter how much you sell. Management by intimidation. The senior Regional Manager will come in and speak on your first day of training and tell you not to be a "corporate rat". Then he will try to intimidate you and other employees into "giving him names" and try to play one employee against another. Management treats experienced, well qualified sales people like a bunch of 19 year old punks who had to scrape by to get a GED. No respect for anyone. Sales people are treated the worst of any of the employees there. Not only will the managers micro-manage you to within an inch of your life, but the Sales Admins will also do the same, even though many of them have a fraction of your education and experience. Your job is threatened constantly, no matter how well you do, this is how they manage day to day operations. They will tell you Saturdays are voluntary, but in many cases that is not true. They will threaten your job if you do not agree to work Saturdays. At one time they gave out decent spiffs to those who made sales. Now, they give out crappy gift cards to stores very few people actually use. Another change that was implemented without warning to benefit management. They tell you to build your book of business, only to raid this book and give your renewals to their favorites. DO NOT WORK HERE, EVER!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Fire yourselves and start over, from the V.P. of Sales on down.