Move Reviews

Updated April 14, 2015
97 reviews filtered by
3.2
Ryan O'Hara

Pros
  • I have positive role models to work with and enjoy coming to work everyday (in 3 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits, awesome co-workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Required to make 100 dials a day, so any chance of actually skillfully building your book of business is nonexistent (in 4 reviews)

• Very humiliating environment for sales people (in 5 reviews)

1. Great company and people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Move

Pros

The company is the perfect size. It is big enough to have the resources and career advancement opportunities. It is small enough to be recognized for your individual contributions. There's also a lot of brilliant people from all over the world collaborating together. Great place to work!

Cons

The cons are so minimal at this time. I sincerely can't think of any.

2. Find a good subsidiary to work for

Current Employee - Client Services Representative, Team Lead in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative, Team Lead in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love the subsidiary company I work for (TigerLead). Smart, awesome people to work with. No drama and we have tons of fun together!

Cons

Interacting with other subsidiary companies within Move is sometimes tricky. There's been a lot of work on both sides to try to smooth out interactions to everyone's benefit, but it's been a slow process. Also the company is chronically understaffed.

Advice to Management

Let your subsidiaries hire the staff they need. And for the love of all things please change the pay structure for your sales reps- the current commission structure incentivizes poor quality sales.

Love my team and dept. managers. Execs have shifted, but it looks to be positive. Looking forward to our future!

Current Employee - Designer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Designer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall processes have been improving recently. Tech group is finally embracing modern web principles and shedding old legacy decisions. Recent Newscorp acquisition seems to have put some much needed pressure on the company to produce better products, using better technology, and building great consumer experiences. Very family friendly, in my group at least. Location in Downtown SJ is great.

Cons

Stuck too long in old ways, legacy tech decisions. Finally showing signs of fixing this though.
    Perks are not competitive. Snacks are lame and sparse.

Advice to Management

Start following through on concepts, brainstorms and hackathons! There is lots of talent inside the teams thats just waiting to be utilized.

Great sales environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Real opportunity to make serious money. Solid reputation in the real estate industry so prospecting isn't as rough as it is in other companies. Get a book of business after training so renewal sales are available. Office location is convenient.

Cons

This job isn't for everyone based on what we are asked to do in dials, 100+ every day. If you can do this and follow the sales process you will make money.

Advice to Management

Keep it going!!

solid people; company trying to do a lot of things; likely better to choose a few and focus.

I worked at Move full-time (more than a year)

Pros

enjoyable co-workers; team oriented; fair

Cons

execution hindered by so many activities

Advice to Management

focus; develop a clear strategy and execute against it

7. Move has a great NEW management team who really cares about the succsess of each agent and the business.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, amazing benefits, nice coworkers, great sales environment, leadership, best technology

Cons

I wouldnt consider it a "CON" for working with MOVE, but you have to come to work each day ready to sell. EVERYDAY. High expectations of each AE, but they provide the training and support needed to hit our goals.

Advice to Management

Thanks for replacing the old leadership team with the new...Please continue to focus on the growth of each AE.

8. would never recommend

I worked at Move

Pros

you have a job, you get benefits and you get to travel.

Cons

poor management, poor communication, lack of care for employees, management is only out for themselves

Advice to Management

be real, care more, treat your employees like you would a friend or family member.

9. Good company for learning and upward mobility

Former Employee - Data Center Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Data Center Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. Lots to learn and very big on internal promotions.

Cons

Upper management changes hands a lot

A nice mid-sized company with a pleasant atmosphere. Currently in transition to News Corp.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is conducive to personal growth, and fosters the value of team work. Most managers I worked with have been pleasant and understand your personal goals along with the company's. Generally speaking most employees here are very thoughtful and nice.

Work hours are very flexible, the company is very good about understanding personal needs and allowing working from home.

Cons

Salary compensation is lower compared to other tech companies in the area. An awful performer not only fabricated drama from within the team all the way to HR, they also somehow was given a job in a different team and ended up staying at the company.

Vacation benefits are also sub-par. Sick days and vacation days are separate, there is absolutely no reward for keeping yourself healthy, your sick days will just evaporate at some point.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at your competition and copying everything they do. Try to get ahead by innovating, otherwise you will always be playing catch-up.

Great opportunity to make money

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working at Realtor.com is both a challenging and rewarding experience, it is an Inside Sales position and requires you pick up the phone and prospect for new business. If you are not comfortable with prospecting daily then it may not be the right fit for you, but if you are not afraid of picking up the phone and reaching new clients then you can make a really good living.
    In my first month on the sales floor I reached 200% of my sales quota and was rewarded with a fat commissions check. There is money to be made here and I can see that I will exceed $120,000 in income here in my first year. The company has great benefits and the environment is strictly business in that you are here to sell products and not to socialize. If you are interested in making a great living and don’t have a problem working hard to get there, then I would recommend that you give it a try and see how much money there is to be made here. The company was just acquired by NewsCorp in November 2014 and is in an aggressive growth mode over the next couple of years. Anyone in sales knows what opportunities come with that; don’t miss out on the chance to make some really good money during that growth.

Cons

As with any employer there are situations where you may not be happy with the decisions that are made, but it is part of being an employee at any company.