Move Reviews

Updated August 20, 2014

2.9

Move CEO and Director Steve Berkowitz
Steve Berkowitz

Pros
  • Move has realized that they have not been on the cutting edge of Marketing, and have made recent changes that are gaining them massive market share (in 3 reviews)

• which means that this a great company to work in starting now, and for the next several years as they expand and continue to take market share (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You're basically set up to fail except if you become a favorite then you would get a better book of business and more quality leads (in 3 reviews)

• Senior Management has no interest in technology and needs to be replaced (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

On the right track. Be ready to contribute!

I worked at Move full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company's attitude and culture are completely different (and for the better!) than several years ago -- at least for product, marketing and technology. The strategy and opportunity are clear, and the talent is motivated.

Cons

The need to prove things before trying, and the urge to attribute everything to something can feel stifling. But senior leadership is aware of this.

Stop trying to control and estimate everything. Do the right things faster, and trust that good things will happen. Trying to make the best decisions is taking too long.

Great Company with great earnings potential for hard workers with good skills.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have never known a company with inside sales earnings potential as high as Move's opportunity. This is not for someone with low level sales skills, nor can you float through this opportunity. However, if you have great skills, and great work ethic, you will never see the equal of this opportunity in inside sales anywhere. Move has realized that they have not been on the cutting edge of Marketing, and have made recent changes that are gaining them massive market share. I commend them for these decisions, and applaud them as they expand their company...which means that this a great company to work in starting now, and for the next several years as they expand and continue to take market share. Don't hesitate to apply at Move. You many notice that I no longer work here, but it is merely because I was offered a very high level position in management for a different company. If the right opportunity presents itself, I would not mind coming back to Move.

Cons

This job will keep you hopping. They require that you meet your call metrics, and still stick to consultative rapport building sales methods, which is what you need to do to meet your sales quota. However, just use every second of your time there, and you won't regret the paychecks you get.

I would recommend integrating or replacing all the old outdated systems that are integrated in a very inefficient way that are so costly in lost sales and revenue when the information is not easily at the fingertips of the reps. I know this would take quite an investment. However, switching to VOIP Cloud phone systems would reduce costs immensely for the company as a whole, and would allow Move to invest those savings into a much more efficient CRM system...which, by the way, is non-existent for Move reps. Top Producer is a product that Move reps sell to the real estate agents, but nothing remotely close to it is available for Move reps to use. This would be my suggestion to increase revenue by using cost reduction available through new technology in telecom to fund the needed changes.

Over promise-under achieve to both end users and its employees.

Current Employee - Marketing Solutions Advisor -inside Sales Representative  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Marketing Solutions Advisor -inside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being chained to a cube and herded like cattle, just short of getting the branding iron daily.

Cons

Identity crisis daily. Chief level leaders are jumping ship to the competition. Products don't work most of the time. Constant change in how to describe or what to promise to the real estate community. Very easy to cancel and lose your commission. Upper mgt constantly compares new reps with the team with 5-10 years of tenure and long time customers that buy up any scraps of opportunity that we did get to sell.

Replace yourselves. Your me first attitude which starts at the top is toxic to all that need to perform below. Stop the mad dash type sales releases that mostly benefit the sales reps with lots of clients or cheat to secure the inventory. Consult or product dump? You say one thing and force the other. To many metrics to be held to or you are fired by a manager that cannot save you, even if you were hitting your quota!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing sales opportunity if you have what it takes and you put in 110% every day.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

The money. Flat out it's the money. If you ever felt like you work your tail off and no one notices or pays you any more for it you will realize that there are actually some places that reward you handsomely for doing just that. You will have top notch training, 401k, great vacation and other perks. Did I mention the money?

Cons

Being in inside sales with the majority of your income based on your performance is stressful. It's not for the faint of heart.

Since we already have summer bbq's, snacks and Starb**ks galore, a popcorn machine, car washes and the like can we get a pool table?

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Director  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Motivating, innovative and creative leadership team. Great benefits. Wonderful culture. Great pay. Management is always there to help out. Plenty of training and coaching, good mentorship system in place. By far the best company i have worked for with many talented individuals.

Cons

Out played by competitors Zillow and Trulia. We need to step up our game.

Our company needs more exposure, like television.

Fun and challenging environment with lots of opportunity

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Move full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, very diverse environment with lots of learning opportunities, lots of room to make change and make a difference

Cons

Some technology areas are old and stale, too much process in some areas, not enough social/team building, too many silos, and not enough communication between departments. This is all improving though.

Encourage more team building activities and initiatives across the organization.

One of the best companies I have worked for in my career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Move full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Plenty of resources, intelligent people to work with, great boss

Cons

Company is in the process of downsizing

Move.com

Former Employee - Advertising Executive  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Advertising Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Company Culture. I enjoyed working at Move.com. It was a job that I would have kept forever. Outstanding salary and benefits. Realtor.com connection. Senior Housing Net. Salesforce. Travel and expenses while tedious were paid promptly. Monthly bonus checks were outstanding if you exceeded your number.

Cons

Unfortunately with large tech firms in late 2008, cutbacks occurred and I lost my job. Top level management shake ups were too frequent. Adjustment to pay scale, while always working to your advantage, were unsettling and stressful.

Great Company to work for, very happy with lots of oppurtunities.

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant  in  Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move

Pros

Great pay, management is always there to help out and a ton of incentives, very happy!! lots of training and coaching, good system in place with mentors to help as well and great benefits, by the far the best company i have worked for, not a hard sale and great oppurtunity to make money and be successful. been here for 6 years and each year make over 200k in payout.

Cons

Not enough time in the day to make more money!

you have a strong brand name need to market to more consumers.

Move is a fantastic place right now for ambitious people to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Move

Pros

Great co-workers and satisfying company mission: to revolutionize the American dream of home ownership. We help make a meaningful difference to millions of people making one of the most important and exciting decisions in their personal lives.

Cons

A little bit of travel, as the offices and employees are dispersed across the country. But this is also why we're so flexible.

Be more deliberate in communicating with all employees -- and communicate more frequently.

Worked for Move? Contribute to the Community!