Move

Updated November 18, 2014
2.9

Move CEO and Director Steve Berkowitz
Steve Berkowitz

Pros
  • I have positive role models to work with and enjoy coming to work everyday (in 3 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits, awesome co-workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Required to make 100 dials a day, so any chance of actually skillfully building your book of business is nonexistent (in 4 reviews)

• Very humiliating environment for sales people (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

From my point if view

Current Employee - AE in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - AE in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great great pay.
    Great leaders. Always will help!!
    VP comes in and helps too!
    I love coming to work !

Great sales knowledge.

Cons

Dealing with realtors sometimes can be hard.

Stop hiring complainers. This is really is hard on those of us who love it here.

Finally A Real Sales Job!!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I currently work for the Realtor.com Sales Team in Scottsdale. I have been with this company for 2.5 months. Although I have just joined the company, I am finding that Move offers a great opportunity to earn a lot of money just as stated in the interview. I have received unconditional support from the Sales Manager to ensure my personal success and this is most likely the best great coaching and training I have received in my 15 years of selling. The coaching is not only from my manager, but from the Vice President of Sales himself. I can't tell you I have ever been at a job where the Vice President of Sales puts in so much time coaching and training a sales team.

They provide scripts, in-cube coaching, training classes on every aspect of selling, while the managers and mentors are always walking the floor in case I need any assistance. If I need help closing a deal, I have ample support to make sure I never miss a beat, and they will even jump on the call if needed.
    At most sales jobs I have had in the past, I spent 30% of the time selling and 70% of the time doing paperwork and follow up tasks. Here, the support team is just amazing. The team takes on most of the administrative work which creates ample time to consult and close deals. I don’t have to waste my selling time doing paperwork and customer care.

They are very generous with the sales people who work hard and succeed here. There is an ability to make money very quickly, and you get paid on everything you sell (there are no minimum requirements). Instead of handing you a phone book to call out of they give you a set of customers to work from that are very familiar with their core product.
     In my past experiences, I have sold a whole bunch of different products that you definitely had to have sales team call to push or it would of never left the shelves. With the lead generation system I am presenting now, I have already had a number of agents calling me back letting me know the system is working for them. One of my customers I upsold from my book of business actually has a closing next week. That is within 35 days of investing. For once, I spend more time calling my customers to spend more instead of running from them wanting to cancel.
    $$$$ Since I have been here I have won over $700 in spiff cards. The awards and spiffs for recognition are almost daily if not several times a day!!! It is a pity it took me so long to find this job, but now that I am here, I can feel I am well on track to exceed my target comp. Even my wife asked me why I seem so excited about all the time about going to work. And I tell her it is because I am finally in a true sales environment and not sitting next to telemarketers. She is a doctor, so I tease her all the time, that she should leave her practice, as I see myself very shortly making more money than her.

I am only sharing this with you because I wish someone shared a job like this with me 20 years ago. If you are a true sales professional, get in here now!! But if you are a telemarketer, don’t bother.
    The company offers a referral program, so call me direct, and I can get the $500 for referring you in! The company is still hiring strong sales pros.

Cons

My wife does not have the required skill set to get employed here. Just kidding. Seriously, jokes aside, I wish there was more time in the day to keep closing deals. The company give us over time daily and optional Saturdays, but quite honestly there is so much opportunity it drives me crazy when I have to leave.

The only advice I can give management, they need to be a little bit more picky about who they select for this opportunity. It is not a telemarketing job, it is a real sales job, and I have come across a handful of my peers who do not have the competence level to become successful. Can I get their leads and agents to call!!??

On the right track. Be ready to contribute!

I worked at Move full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The company's attitude and culture are completely different (and for the better!) than several years ago -- at least for product, marketing and technology. The strategy and opportunity are clear, and the talent is motivated.

Cons

The need to prove things before trying, and the urge to attribute everything to something can feel stifling. But senior leadership is aware of this.

Stop trying to control and estimate everything. Do the right things faster, and trust that good things will happen. Trying to make the best decisions is taking too long.

Great Company with great earnings potential for hard workers with good skills.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have never known a company with inside sales earnings potential as high as Move's opportunity. This is not for someone with low level sales skills, nor can you float through this opportunity. However, if you have great skills, and great work ethic, you will never see the equal of this opportunity in inside sales anywhere. Move has realized that they have not been on the cutting edge of Marketing, and have made recent changes that are gaining them massive market share. I commend them for these decisions, and applaud them as they expand their company...which means that this a great company to work in starting now, and for the next several years as they expand and continue to take market share. Don't hesitate to apply at Move. You many notice that I no longer work here, but it is merely because I was offered a very high level position in management for a different company. If the right opportunity presents itself, I would not mind coming back to Move.

Cons

This job will keep you hopping. They require that you meet your call metrics, and still stick to consultative rapport building sales methods, which is what you need to do to meet your sales quota. However, just use every second of your time there, and you won't regret the paychecks you get.

I would recommend integrating or replacing all the old outdated systems that are integrated in a very inefficient way that are so costly in lost sales and revenue when the information is not easily at the fingertips of the reps. I know this would take quite an investment. However, switching to VOIP Cloud phone systems would reduce costs immensely for the company as a whole, and would allow Move to invest those savings into a much more efficient CRM system...which, by the way, is non-existent for Move reps. Top Producer is a product that Move reps sell to the real estate agents, but nothing remotely close to it is available for Move reps to use. This would be my suggestion to increase revenue by using cost reduction available through new technology in telecom to fund the needed changes.

Over promise-under achieve to both end users and its employees.

Current Employee - Marketing Solutions Advisor -inside Sales Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Being chained to a cube and herded like cattle, just short of getting the branding iron daily.

Cons

Identity crisis daily. Chief level leaders are jumping ship to the competition. Products don't work most of the time. Constant change in how to describe or what to promise to the real estate community. Very easy to cancel and lose your commission. Upper mgt constantly compares new reps with the team with 5-10 years of tenure and long time customers that buy up any scraps of opportunity that we did get to sell.

Replace yourselves. Your me first attitude which starts at the top is toxic to all that need to perform below. Stop the mad dash type sales releases that mostly benefit the sales reps with lots of clients or cheat to secure the inventory. Consult or product dump? You say one thing and force the other. To many metrics to be held to or you are fired by a manager that cannot save you, even if you were hitting your quota!

Amazing sales opportunity if you have what it takes and you put in 110% every day.

Current Employee - Sales in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The money. Flat out it's the money. If you ever felt like you work your tail off and no one notices or pays you any more for it you will realize that there are actually some places that reward you handsomely for doing just that. You will have top notch training, 401k, great vacation and other perks. Did I mention the money?

Cons

Being in inside sales with the majority of your income based on your performance is stressful. It's not for the faint of heart.

Since we already have summer bbq's, snacks and Starb**ks galore, a popcorn machine, car washes and the like can we get a pool table?

Excellent company to work for!

Current Employee - Director in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Motivating, innovative and creative leadership team. Great benefits. Wonderful culture. Great pay. Management is always there to help out. Plenty of training and coaching, good mentorship system in place. By far the best company i have worked for with many talented individuals.

Cons

Out played by competitors Zillow and Trulia. We need to step up our game.

Our company needs more exposure, like television.

Fun and challenging environment with lots of opportunity

Current Employee - IT Manager in Westlake Village, CA
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Westlake Village, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people, very diverse environment with lots of learning opportunities, lots of room to make change and make a difference

Cons

Some technology areas are old and stale, too much process in some areas, not enough social/team building, too many silos, and not enough communication between departments. This is all improving though.

Encourage more team building activities and initiatives across the organization.

One of the best companies I have worked for in my career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Move full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of resources, intelligent people to work with, great boss

Cons

Company is in the process of downsizing

Move.com

Former Employee - Advertising Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Advertising Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Company Culture. I enjoyed working at Move.com. It was a job that I would have kept forever. Outstanding salary and benefits. Realtor.com connection. Senior Housing Net. Salesforce. Travel and expenses while tedious were paid promptly. Monthly bonus checks were outstanding if you exceeded your number.

Cons

Unfortunately with large tech firms in late 2008, cutbacks occurred and I lost my job. Top level management shake ups were too frequent. Adjustment to pay scale, while always working to your advantage, were unsettling and stressful.