Move Reviews

Updated March 28, 2015
95 reviews filtered by
3.2
Ryan O'Hara

Pros
  • I have positive role models to work with and enjoy coming to work everyday (in 3 reviews)

• Great pay and benefits, awesome co-workers (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Required to make 100 dials a day, so any chance of actually skillfully building your book of business is nonexistent (in 4 reviews)

• Very humiliating environment for sales people (in 5 reviews)

1. would never recommend

I worked at Move

Pros

you have a job, you get benefits and you get to travel.

Cons

poor management, poor communication, lack of care for employees, management is only out for themselves

be real, care more, treat your employees like you would a friend or family member.

Love my team and dept. managers. Execs have shifted, but it looks to be positive. Looking forward to our future!

Current Employee - Designer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Designer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Overall processes have been improving recently. Tech group is finally embracing modern web principles and shedding old legacy decisions. Recent Newscorp acquisition seems to have put some much needed pressure on the company to produce better products, using better technology, and building great consumer experiences. Very family friendly, in my group at least. Location in Downtown SJ is great.

Cons

Stuck too long in old ways, legacy tech decisions. Finally showing signs of fixing this though.
    Perks are not competitive. Snacks are lame and sparse.

Start following through on concepts, brainstorms and hackathons! There is lots of talent inside the teams thats just waiting to be utilized.

3. Stable and steady

Current Employee - Frontend Developer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Frontend Developer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Move full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Benefits, conference, and school expenses
    -Long term employees with families
    -Employee origins varied with strong women in product and development
    -Flexible schedules for high performers

Cons

-Move's agile methodology involves long and frequent meetings
    -Medium and large dev teams have specific directions with no creativity
    -Cautious to innovate in consumer products
    -Low profile in tech industry

-Smaller teams with less paper work will innovate quicker
    -Better defined road map with longer epics

Great sales environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Real opportunity to make serious money. Solid reputation in the real estate industry so prospecting isn't as rough as it is in other companies. Get a book of business after training so renewal sales are available. Office location is convenient.

Cons

This job isn't for everyone based on what we are asked to do in dials, 100+ every day. If you can do this and follow the sales process you will make money.

Keep it going!!

No time, no life, work weekends, work nights, Sale your bum off or get written up or fired. How bout "Move" on!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move

Pros

Clean environment, professional mature atmosphere, Consent training, great benefits, okay base but can't live off it. Commission uncapped, "So they say you can make over 150k year. Ask anyone on the follow if their actually doing it now? or better yet, ask how long they been with the company?

Cons

Call center atmosphere, Cube and headset life, Very fast paced and stressful environment, constant Micro management daily, Very detail oriented with multiple CRM and platform applications open on your desktop - you must juggle through all of these while still focused on the closing of the sale. Management seems to favor those making the most sales and humiliates those not putting numbers on the board. They make them attend training classes everyday if they don't hit their numbers, and sometimes pick on them making them read if front of the entire class. Your metrics are not reasonable at times. It changes if the entire sales floor does not meet their quota. Dials can go up to 150. Be ready for consumer base selling since most of your clients are consumer small business hybrids. They are broke and very emotional when it comes to marketing their business. You'll get an email from time to time asking to work another hour or stay till 7pm. They do the same asking to work the weekends. It's very hard if you have a life outside of work or maintain a family. This is not the job for you! Those that do work the extra hours or come in on Saturdays to put more numbers on the board will be ahead of the pack so there's a lot of competition. I felt like I was always walking on eggshells with this company, I seriously couldn’t see myself working there longer than 6 months. The turnover rate is unbelievable. Stories within the company explain there’s only 2 out of 50 hires that stayed since last year. I started with about 15 in my training class and it was reduced to 8 excluding me resigning recently. The day you don’t make a sell is the day they start probing you! I had to get out of this company because it was starting to take a big toll on my health.

No advice I'm glad I quit.

solid people; company trying to do a lot of things; likely better to choose a few and focus.

I worked at Move full-time (more than a year)

Pros

enjoyable co-workers; team oriented; fair

Cons

execution hindered by so many activities

focus; develop a clear strategy and execute against it

8. Move has a great NEW management team who really cares about the succsess of each agent and the business.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, amazing benefits, nice coworkers, great sales environment, leadership, best technology

Cons

I wouldnt consider it a "CON" for working with MOVE, but you have to come to work each day ready to sell. EVERYDAY. High expectations of each AE, but they provide the training and support needed to hit our goals.

Thanks for replacing the old leadership team with the new...Please continue to focus on the growth of each AE.

A nice mid-sized company with a pleasant atmosphere. Currently in transition to News Corp.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Move full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The company is conducive to personal growth, and fosters the value of team work. Most managers I worked with have been pleasant and understand your personal goals along with the company's. Generally speaking most employees here are very thoughtful and nice.

Work hours are very flexible, the company is very good about understanding personal needs and allowing working from home.

Cons

Salary compensation is lower compared to other tech companies in the area. An awful performer not only fabricated drama from within the team all the way to HR, they also somehow was given a job in a different team and ended up staying at the company.

Vacation benefits are also sub-par. Sick days and vacation days are separate, there is absolutely no reward for keeping yourself healthy, your sick days will just evaporate at some point.

Stop looking at your competition and copying everything they do. Try to get ahead by innovating, otherwise you will always be playing catch-up.

probably the least enjoyable customer service call center I have worked for

I worked at Move

Pros

The pay is good. Good benefits. Company is stable. Probably one of the best paying jobs out there for that type of role.

Cons

Training is flat out terrible. I've never felt so unprepared going into a job in my life.
    The software is quite difficult. I feel very obligated to "flag" for help because the flags don't even enjoy their job enough to come around to help you. When they do come, they make you feel stupid, or insulted.
    It felt like the last few days on my job, a person was assigned to sit next to me for the sole purpose or seeing the mistakes I made so they can let me go. 3 days Prior to that I was told I was doing a "good job" by the end of the week, I was written up.

If you feel you have to lay someone off just do it. Don't waste peoples time.

11. Good company for learning and upward mobility

Former Employee - Data Center Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Data Center Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good company to work for. Lots to learn and very big on internal promotions.

Cons

Upper management changes hands a lot