Move Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014

Move CEO and Director Steve Berkowitz
Steve Berkowitz

Pros
  • Move has realized that they have not been on the cutting edge of Marketing, and have made recent changes that are gaining them massive market share (in 3 reviews)

• which means that this a great company to work in starting now, and for the next several years as they expand and continue to take market share (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • You're basically set up to fail except if you become a favorite then you would get a better book of business and more quality leads (in 3 reviews)

• Senior Management has no interest in technology and needs to be replaced (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Product, Lots of Turnover

Former Employee - Regional Sales Director  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Move full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Realtor.com is the best product out there and lots of support from industry.

Cons

A year and half of turnover has caused a scattered direction.

Absolutely, positively, the WORST company I have ever worked for in my 20 year career. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

I did meet many well educated and qualified sales professionals while working here. Other than that there are no pros because anything that benefits the sales people will be taken away or changed to benefit management and their wallets.

Cons

So many where to begin? If you do well, they will cut your commission and then try to deny they did so, all the while thinking you are foolish enough to believe them. Unreasonable metrics that you must adhere to, no matter how much you sell. Management by intimidation. The senior Regional Manager will come in and speak on your first day of training and tell you not to be a "corporate rat". Then he will try to intimidate you and other employees into "giving him names" and try to play one employee against another. Management treats experienced, well qualified sales people like a bunch of 19 year old punks who had to scrape by to get a GED. No respect for anyone. Sales people are treated the worst of any of the employees there. Not only will the managers micro-manage you to within an inch of your life, but the Sales Admins will also do the same, even though many of them have a fraction of your education and experience. Your job is threatened constantly, no matter how well you do, this is how they manage day to day operations. They will tell you Saturdays are voluntary, but in many cases that is not true. They will threaten your job if you do not agree to work Saturdays. At one time they gave out decent spiffs to those who made sales. Now, they give out crappy gift cards to stores very few people actually use. Another change that was implemented without warning to benefit management. They tell you to build your book of business, only to raid this book and give your renewals to their favorites. DO NOT WORK HERE, EVER!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Fire yourselves and start over, from the V.P. of Sales on down.

Finally A Real Sales Job!!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

I currently work for the Realtor.com Sales Team in Scottsdale. I have been with this company for 2.5 months. Although I have just joined the company, I am finding that Move offers a great opportunity to earn a lot of money just as stated in the interview. I have received unconditional support from the Sales Manager to ensure my personal success and this is most likely the best great coaching and training I have received in my 15 years of selling. The coaching is not only from my manager, but from the Vice President of Sales himself. I can't tell you I have ever been at a job where the Vice President of Sales puts in so much time coaching and training a sales team.

They provide scripts, in-cube coaching, training classes on every aspect of selling, while the managers and mentors are always walking the floor in case I need any assistance. If I need help closing a deal, I have ample support to make sure I never miss a beat, and they will even jump on the call if needed.
    At most sales jobs I have had in the past, I spent 30% of the time selling and 70% of the time doing paperwork and follow up tasks. Here, the support team is just amazing. The team takes on most of the administrative work which creates ample time to consult and close deals. I don’t have to waste my selling time doing paperwork and customer care.

They are very generous with the sales people who work hard and succeed here. There is an ability to make money very quickly, and you get paid on everything you sell (there are no minimum requirements). Instead of handing you a phone book to call out of they give you a set of customers to work from that are very familiar with their core product.
     In my past experiences, I have sold a whole bunch of different products that you definitely had to have sales team call to push or it would of never left the shelves. With the lead generation system I am presenting now, I have already had a number of agents calling me back letting me know the system is working for them. One of my customers I upsold from my book of business actually has a closing next week. That is within 35 days of investing. For once, I spend more time calling my customers to spend more instead of running from them wanting to cancel.
    $$$$ Since I have been here I have won over $700 in spiff cards. The awards and spiffs for recognition are almost daily if not several times a day!!! It is a pity it took me so long to find this job, but now that I am here, I can feel I am well on track to exceed my target comp. Even my wife asked me why I seem so excited about all the time about going to work. And I tell her it is because I am finally in a true sales environment and not sitting next to telemarketers. She is a doctor, so I tease her all the time, that she should leave her practice, as I see myself very shortly making more money than her.

I am only sharing this with you because I wish someone shared a job like this with me 20 years ago. If you are a true sales professional, get in here now!! But if you are a telemarketer, don’t bother.
    The company offers a referral program, so call me direct, and I can get the $500 for referring you in! The company is still hiring strong sales pros.

Cons

My wife does not have the required skill set to get employed here. Just kidding. Seriously, jokes aside, I wish there was more time in the day to keep closing deals. The company give us over time daily and optional Saturdays, but quite honestly there is so much opportunity it drives me crazy when I have to leave.

The only advice I can give management, they need to be a little bit more picky about who they select for this opportunity. It is not a telemarketing job, it is a real sales job, and I have come across a handful of my peers who do not have the competence level to become successful. Can I get their leads and agents to call!!??

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

-friendly co-workers
    -good base pay
    -stocked kitchen

Cons

-management was very unorganized and real estate agents are tough to deal with, but that's true with any other job like this
    -got leads that were not great and made 150-175 cold calls a day

hire better managers

Good place to work

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative
    Former Employee - Technical Support Representative

I worked at Move full-time

Pros

Good work environment, the co workers were friendly and I enjoyed coming to work every day. Good location central to transit.

Cons

I didn't like to sell, but it was part of the job. I preferred to just support customers and help them with their technical issues.

The worst place to work!!!

Former Employee - New Business Account Specialist  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - New Business Account Specialist in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits. Very low cost health insurance, life insurance, 401k matching, dental disability benefits, etc. They try to show a great culture to the new hires and you will be fooled at first!

Cons

Management is a joke the best people there are not in a position to help you when they start treating you like crap! You can be a top producer and unless you are big on brown nosing you will get nowhere! They feed the top reps and play mind games!

Look at the Managers that have a high turn over and check to see who is getting promoted. They were probably handed deals!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solid organization with exciting changes happening!

I have been working at Move full-time for less than a year

Pros

Communication, strong interdepartment relationships, great culture

Cons

None that I can think of

The place where talented and skilled sales professionals go to DIE!!!

Former Employee - Marketing Solutions Advisor  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Marketing Solutions Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

IDK??? Free snacks, but who wants to be pounding cookies all day.

Cons

Don't believe the false promise this place is a complete waste of your time and talents. Supposedly uncapped earning potential is limited to the finite inventory of marketing products to sell to agents. There is only so much ad space and leads generated off the www.realtor.com website. Anything decent is funneled to the team of AE's in Westlake Village. This in turn amounts to a virtual shell game with the good inventory of marketing solutions to sell. Upper management is complicit in providing misdirection so the AE's in CA can sell anything worthwhile before anyone in Scottsdale gets the opportunity to do so. The Scottsdale sales team is forced to piece together the leftovers and put together small sales. Required to make 100 dials a day, so any chance of actually skillfully building your book of business is nonexistent. Their business model is to just dial and dial until a rep stumbles into a small lay down sale. They go after the low hanging fruit that any 18yo kid with a heartbeat could get. Mangers and assistant managers are not very talented and struggle to sell themselves. Leadership and product are laughable. Unethical practices are utilized on every level. A place is a chop shop that is all smoke and mirrors. If you have sales skills, good morals, and leadership, don't WASTE your TIME!!

Clean house on management from top to bottom and start over. It's just sad to see what should be a shiny Cadillac, beat up and riding on rims.

Horrible management

Current Employee - Sales  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time for more than a year

Pros

nothing, they need a lot of help

Cons

There is no clear direction and management has no idea how to run a sales organization

Fire yourself

Ok money, bad workplace

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Westlake Village, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA

I worked at Move full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

money, professional sales training, opportunity for sales

Cons

management sends leads to favorites, miss your quota 3 times your out, no opportunity for advancement, senior reps get 95% of leads

The food, gym, and holiday parties are great but have a heart for employees that give 100%.Don't fire them.

Worked for Move? Contribute to the Community!