Move Reviews

Great sales environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Real opportunity to make serious money. Solid reputation in the real estate industry so prospecting isn't as rough as it is in other companies. Get a book of business after training so renewal sales are available. Office location is convenient.

Cons

This job isn't for everyone based on what we are asked to do in dials, 100+ every day. If you can do this and follow the sales process you will make money.

Advice to Management

Keep it going!!

2. Move has a great NEW management team who really cares about the succsess of each agent and the business.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, amazing benefits, nice coworkers, great sales environment, leadership, best technology

Cons

I wouldnt consider it a "CON" for working with MOVE, but you have to come to work each day ready to sell. EVERYDAY. High expectations of each AE, but they provide the training and support needed to hit our goals.

Advice to Management

Thanks for replacing the old leadership team with the new...Please continue to focus on the growth of each AE.

Great opportunity to make money

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Realtor.com is both a challenging and rewarding experience, it is an Inside Sales position and requires you pick up the phone and prospect for new business. If you are not comfortable with prospecting daily then it may not be the right fit for you, but if you are not afraid of picking up the phone and reaching new clients then you can make a really good living.
    In my first month on the sales floor I reached 200% of my sales quota and was rewarded with a fat commissions check. There is money to be made here and I can see that I will exceed $120,000 in income here in my first year. The company has great benefits and the environment is strictly business in that you are here to sell products and not to socialize. If you are interested in making a great living and don’t have a problem working hard to get there, then I would recommend that you give it a try and see how much money there is to be made here. The company was just acquired by NewsCorp in November 2014 and is in an aggressive growth mode over the next couple of years. Anyone in sales knows what opportunities come with that; don’t miss out on the chance to make some really good money during that growth.

Cons

As with any employer there are situations where you may not be happy with the decisions that are made, but it is part of being an employee at any company.

No time, no life, work weekends, work nights, Sale your bum off or get written up or fired. How bout "Move" on!

I worked at Move

Pros

Clean environment, professional mature atmosphere, Consent training, great benefits, okay base but can't live off it. Commission uncapped, "So they say you can make over 150k year. Ask anyone on the follow if their actually doing it now? or better yet, ask how long they been with the company?

Cons

Call center atmosphere, Cube and headset life, Very fast paced and stressful environment, constant Micro management daily, Very detail oriented with multiple CRM and platform applications open on your desktop - you must juggle through all of these while still focused on the closing of the sale. Management seems to favor those making the most sales and humiliates those not putting numbers on the board. They make them attend training classes everyday if they don't hit their numbers, and sometimes pick on them making them read if front of the entire class. Your metrics are not reasonable at times. It changes if the entire sales floor does not meet their quota. Dials can go up to 150. Be ready for consumer base selling since most of your clients are consumer small business hybrids. They are broke and very emotional when it comes to marketing their business. You'll get an email from time to time asking to work another hour or stay till 7pm. They do the same asking to work the weekends. It's very hard if you have a life outside of work or maintain a family. This is not the job for you! Those that do work the extra hours or come in on Saturdays to put more numbers on the board will be ahead of the pack so there's a lot of competition. I felt like I was always walking on eggshells with this company, I seriously couldn’t see myself working there longer than 6 months. The turnover rate is unbelievable. Stories within the company explain there’s only 2 out of 50 hires that stayed since last year. I started with about 15 in my training class and it was reduced to 8 excluding me resigning recently. The day you don’t make a sell is the day they start probing you! I had to get out of this company because it was starting to take a big toll on my health.

Advice to Management

No advice I'm glad I quit.

Great option

Current Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Ability to have uncapped commissions
    -Great Leadership and constant training to ensure your success
    - Break room gives free food once a week
    - Can definitely make at least 150K PER year if dedicated
    -pool table in break room
    - Incentive lunches ( had Morton, Flemings, anything you can imagine)
    - Gift cards given out in addition to bonuses
    - 10k bonus per month at least

Cons

- long commute, not the most ideal drive but worth it with the money you make.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire self motivated individuals who dont believe in stopping until they get there success

Realtor.com Is the Best Job I Have Ever Had

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great products, great compensation plan, sales centric environment, great income.

Cons

Have to show up every day, have to be focused, have to love to sell, have to be competitive

Advice to Management

Sales automation and systems integration

Morale Killing Environment

Former Employee - Manager Customer Service in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager Customer Service in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move

Pros

Pay is excellent, plus monthly bonuses and stock options. Great health insurance, dental, and vision.

Cons

Very stressful environment, inconsistency when it comes to enforcing polices. Depending on who you are, the policies don't apply. Upper management creates a depressing, stressful, and frustrating work environment in the Scottsdale office. A sign that this is true is that half the management team have left within the last 3 months. There is a lot of gossiping, sabotaging people in order to move ahead, and no respect for upper management behind their backs. To their faces, there is a lot of insincere flattery going on.

Advice to Management

Treat your managers with respect and let them talk! Don't interrupt and be the first one to talk when we are trying to speak our minds. Don't undermine managers by tearing up corrective action warnings that have already been delivered to employees. Don't choose to randomly launch an investigation on somebody when you choose not to do this on someone else where there is actual proof to launch an investigation. Buying breakfast burritos on Fridays are not enough to boost morale.

If you like to be yelled at daily and written up weekly and threatened to be fired constantly, please apply at move.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice clean office and good hours of 730-415 when overtime isn't asked of you. The on going sales skills training is helpful.

Cons

Main problem is they yell all day long, whether you are doing good or bad. Yelling to tell everyone who had the best sales while also yelling to move your records. And customers here this. Very stressful environment! They fire good sales people daily and others quit daily, so they just keep pumping classes through instead of fixing the issues. The goals are unreasonable and the spiffs, are given way too far out, 6 weeks after you earn them. And you are expected to keep the customers from cancelling when they don't get what they're promised or those sales get deducted basically as returns against your current sales.

Advice to Management

If the sales rep makes their daily sales goal, why does it matter if they made 125 calls? How can you write them up for lack of calls and threaten to fire them when they made tons of sales. Focus on the bottom line, which is sales and treating your reps with respect. Write ups are demotivating and so is yelling.

From my point if view

Current Employee - AE in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - AE in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great great pay.
    Great leaders. Always will help!!
    VP comes in and helps too!
    I love coming to work !

Great sales knowledge.

Cons

Dealing with realtors sometimes can be hard.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring complainers. This is really is hard on those of us who love it here.

Finally A Real Sales Job!!

I have been working at Move full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I currently work for the Realtor.com Sales Team in Scottsdale. I have been with this company for 2.5 months. Although I have just joined the company, I am finding that Move offers a great opportunity to earn a lot of money just as stated in the interview. I have received unconditional support from the Sales Manager to ensure my personal success and this is most likely the best great coaching and training I have received in my 15 years of selling. The coaching is not only from my manager, but from the Vice President of Sales himself. I can't tell you I have ever been at a job where the Vice President of Sales puts in so much time coaching and training a sales team.

They provide scripts, in-cube coaching, training classes on every aspect of selling, while the managers and mentors are always walking the floor in case I need any assistance. If I need help closing a deal, I have ample support to make sure I never miss a beat, and they will even jump on the call if needed.
    At most sales jobs I have had in the past, I spent 30% of the time selling and 70% of the time doing paperwork and follow up tasks. Here, the support team is just amazing. The team takes on most of the administrative work which creates ample time to consult and close deals. I don’t have to waste my selling time doing paperwork and customer care.

They are very generous with the sales people who work hard and succeed here. There is an ability to make money very quickly, and you get paid on everything you sell (there are no minimum requirements). Instead of handing you a phone book to call out of they give you a set of customers to work from that are very familiar with their core product.
     In my past experiences, I have sold a whole bunch of different products that you definitely had to have sales team call to push or it would of never left the shelves. With the lead generation system I am presenting now, I have already had a number of agents calling me back letting me know the system is working for them. One of my customers I upsold from my book of business actually has a closing next week. That is within 35 days of investing. For once, I spend more time calling my customers to spend more instead of running from them wanting to cancel.
    $$$$ Since I have been here I have won over $700 in spiff cards. The awards and spiffs for recognition are almost daily if not several times a day!!! It is a pity it took me so long to find this job, but now that I am here, I can feel I am well on track to exceed my target comp. Even my wife asked me why I seem so excited about all the time about going to work. And I tell her it is because I am finally in a true sales environment and not sitting next to telemarketers. She is a doctor, so I tease her all the time, that she should leave her practice, as I see myself very shortly making more money than her.

I am only sharing this with you because I wish someone shared a job like this with me 20 years ago. If you are a true sales professional, get in here now!! But if you are a telemarketer, don’t bother.
    The company offers a referral program, so call me direct, and I can get the $500 for referring you in! The company is still hiring strong sales pros.

Cons

My wife does not have the required skill set to get employed here. Just kidding. Seriously, jokes aside, I wish there was more time in the day to keep closing deals. The company give us over time daily and optional Saturdays, but quite honestly there is so much opportunity it drives me crazy when I have to leave.

Advice to Management

The only advice I can give management, they need to be a little bit more picky about who they select for this opportunity. It is not a telemarketing job, it is a real sales job, and I have come across a handful of my peers who do not have the competence level to become successful. Can I get their leads and agents to call!!??