Moxie

Be The First To
Add Photos

Moxie President Suzy Deering

Suzy Deering

Pros:
  • "Moxie Mayhem (basically a week-long party in the office), Beer Friday, Free Lunch Friday, casual environment"
    in 12 reviews
  • "If you want a dog friendly work environment, Moxie is the place"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Account leads and Senior Management rarely attempt to control their clients"
    in 9 reviews
  • "High-turnover; low moral; crappy client work"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Ready for change

Prosagency-life, vendor outings, name clients

Consover worked, under paid, turnover, open office in ATL

It was good, but very dependent on leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat fun environment, ability to move across various projects and take on new things if you have the desire to do so.

ConsLeadership was troubling but over time it seems as though they are finally finding their footing again.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou felt great when you held on to a small start-up ethic, rather than a big corporate entity lost in the shadows on Publicis.

A tough environment but one where a lot can be learned

Account Management (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsYou will learn a lot and have opportunities for wide exposure to mobile, digital, in-store, social and media
    Agency perks--free caffeine, dog friendly environment, casual atmosphere and dress, free monthly lunches

ConsAtlanta office is heavily focused on Verizon, the largest client. Little opportunity to work on other lines of business or be exposed to other clients
    Agency leadership was quick to make sweeping organizational changes with little forethought resulting in an exodus from the Account management department
    Work-life balance is challenging

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Moxie is a great place to build your career

ACD (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsFree lunch Friday, Beer Friday, 401k matching combined with really smart people make this a great place to establish yourself and flex your career muscles. You're expected to work hard...and you should!

ConsThere aren't any cons that other agencies don't have. There's lots of work, and sometimes tempers flare and situations aren't handled the way they should. There's definitely a bit of favoritism, and type-casting.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to foster a spirit of collaboration, and learn to value people's opinions about the changing landscape. Change is hard...but don't punish people for not always understanding your vision. Part of that is on you as leaders.

Great Place to have fun at work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun and relax work environment

ConsHard to move up and get promotions

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managment team need more training

Great

ProsThe people are great and awesome work environment. People are always willing to help. Management also encourages people to work hard and play hard.

ConsHours can be long which can hinder work-life balance. Often times, work done isn't acknowledged or they do not give proper credit to the people involved.

Account Management

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsGood people, good benefits, good brands.

ConsPoor creative, average thought leadership, average exec leadership.

Sometimes a little crazy but all in all a great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIntelligent and great people to work with. Many fun times and camaraderie between the agency departments. Amazing health benefits and vacation days.

ConsCreative was lacking but with the new Creative Director that should be improving. Many disconnects between leveraging and improving processes between the different client teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the conversations and your doors open for those who have questions or just want to chat.

Pure and Utter Hell!

Media Planner (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsBeer Friday, health benefits (only because of Publicis as the parent company) and although we have a lot of days off, you have to work even when you are on your deathbed..

ConsI have worked at quite a few agencies, even publisher side and have held multiple different roles and I have to say, this is the absolute worst place I have ever worked at.. Shoveling elephant poop at the zoo would be a step up.. Insane hours (like 90+ hours a week), absolutely no help from "upper management", no training, basically it's like being an indentured servant.. I would cut off a limb just to get the hell out of there and could write about my utter hatred for this company but it would literally be a novel

Advice to Senior ManagementNo reason to even provide advice as they have never and will never listen... Run as FAST as you can people!!!!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Aw snap - you have entered the 7th ring of hell

Atlanta, GA

Pros80% of the people (that is most people not in management) are great people to work with. Beer at 3 on Friday, free lunch every other Friday ample days off.

ConsManagement is disconnected from reality. Titles and salaries are handed out like beer and free lunch just to keep sad people in roles they never wanted and don't fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring people for jobs you don't intend to let them do. Psych tests for some of your managers - there are a few that are seriously messed up. Take the beer money and put it into real tools and systems to help us do our jobs. Stop telling us what you will do and actually get off the phone or out of your chair and actually do something.

Worked for Moxie? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Moxie reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Moxie CEO Suzy Deering. All 72 reviews posted anonymously by Moxie employees.