Moxie Reviews

Updated September 8, 2014
2.7

Moxie President Suzy Deering
Suzy Deering

Pros
  • Moxie Mayhem (basically a week-long party in the office), Beer Friday, Free Lunch Friday, casual environment (in 12 reviews)

• Great benefits thanks to being under the umbrella of a European parent company (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Account leads and Senior Management rarely attempt to control their clients (in 9 reviews)

• High-turnover; low moral; crappy client work (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

A tough environment but one where a lot can be learned

Former Employee - Account Management  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Management in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Moxie full-time

Pros

You will learn a lot and have opportunities for wide exposure to mobile, digital, in-store, social and media
    Agency perks--free caffeine, dog friendly environment, casual atmosphere and dress, free monthly lunches

Cons

Atlanta office is heavily focused on Verizon, the largest client. Little opportunity to work on other lines of business or be exposed to other clients
    Agency leadership was quick to make sweeping organizational changes with little forethought resulting in an exodus from the Account management department
    Work-life balance is challenging

Moxie is a great place to build your career

Current Employee - ACD  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - ACD in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Free lunch Friday, Beer Friday, 401k matching combined with really smart people make this a great place to establish yourself and flex your career muscles. You're expected to work hard...and you should!

Cons

There aren't any cons that other agencies don't have. There's lots of work, and sometimes tempers flare and situations aren't handled the way they should. There's definitely a bit of favoritism, and type-casting.

Continue to foster a spirit of collaboration, and learn to value people's opinions about the changing landscape. Change is hard...but don't punish people for not always understanding your vision. Part of that is on you as leaders.

Great Place to have fun at work

I worked at Moxie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun and relax work environment

Cons

Hard to move up and get promotions

The managment team need more training

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

I have been working at Moxie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are great and awesome work environment. People are always willing to help. Management also encourages people to work hard and play hard.

Cons

Hours can be long which can hinder work-life balance. Often times, work done isn't acknowledged or they do not give proper credit to the people involved.

Account Management

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, good benefits, good brands.

Cons

Poor creative, average thought leadership, average exec leadership.

Sometimes a little crazy but all in all a great place to work.

I worked at Moxie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Intelligent and great people to work with. Many fun times and camaraderie between the agency departments. Amazing health benefits and vacation days.

Cons

Creative was lacking but with the new Creative Director that should be improving. Many disconnects between leveraging and improving processes between the different client teams.

Keep the conversations and your doors open for those who have questions or just want to chat.

Pure and Utter Hell!

Current Employee - Media Planner  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Media Planner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie full-time for more than a year

Pros

Beer Friday, health benefits (only because of Publicis as the parent company) and although we have a lot of days off, you have to work even when you are on your deathbed..

Cons

I have worked at quite a few agencies, even publisher side and have held multiple different roles and I have to say, this is the absolute worst place I have ever worked at.. Shoveling elephant poop at the zoo would be a step up.. Insane hours (like 90+ hours a week), absolutely no help from "upper management", no training, basically it's like being an indentured servant.. I would cut off a limb just to get the hell out of there and could write about my utter hatred for this company but it would literally be a novel

No reason to even provide advice as they have never and will never listen... Run as FAST as you can people!!!!

Aw snap - you have entered the 7th ring of hell

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie full-time for more than a year

Pros

80% of the people (that is most people not in management) are great people to work with. Beer at 3 on Friday, free lunch every other Friday ample days off.

Cons

Management is disconnected from reality. Titles and salaries are handed out like beer and free lunch just to keep sad people in roles they never wanted and don't fit.

Stop hiring people for jobs you don't intend to let them do. Psych tests for some of your managers - there are a few that are seriously messed up. Take the beer money and put it into real tools and systems to help us do our jobs. Stop telling us what you will do and actually get off the phone or out of your chair and actually do something.

Agency Work is Agency Work

Current Employee - Senior Developer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Moxie full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Decent pay. Great benefits. Great holiday schedule. Regular catered lunch. Fairly regular social events. Some excellent client segments to work with. Fresh out of an acquisition of another agency which should bolster the stable of clients. This is the second agency I've worked for and it's not the worst.

Cons

Some client segments can be excruciatingly difficult to work with. Prior to the merger too many eggs were in one (difficult) client basket and that client knew it and acted abusively. Account leads and Senior Management rarely attempt to control their clients. Senior management decisions can, at times, mystify. Agency work is agency work; it's deadline driven and you're beholden to the client. If you like that sort of thing, Moxie's a fine place to work. If you're the sensitive type and cannot take criticism, it may not be the best fit.

Stop rolling the dice every two or three quarters and pulling a top-down re-org; it's annoying.

Has not changed

Former Employee - Marketing  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Moxie full-time for more than a year

Pros

relaxed atmosphere, smart people, thinking outside of the box, verty creative

Cons

Will not change. Favoritism gets you a long way. Unecessarily stressful environment, people get promoted quicker than they should.

Treat people fairly

Worked for Moxie? Contribute to the Community!