Moxie Software Reviews

Rebecca Ward

1. Depends on your team and your office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Moxie Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Moxie could potentially be on the brink of something very exciting. The company has headed in a new direction in recent years, and has a chance to be a real innovator. Whether it'll succeed is hard to say. Depending on your office and your team, your outlook on Moxie can change drastically. My team has an atmosphere of mutual respect, and generally good work/life balance. I'm sure folks on many other teams feel equally valued. Our headquarters in California recently moved, and I hear those digs are pretty sweet. Moxie is a small company, so if you don't like to feel like another cog in a massive machine, you might like it here.

Cons

I know from office chatter that not all teams have high morale. The Bellevue and Austin offices are comfortable, but would certainly not qualify as visually appealing. There's plenty of desk space to go around, and a ping pong table that rarely gets used. My biggest complaint about Moxie is its lack of company culture. I'm sure this is different in each office, and there are definitely a few people dedicated to making it happen; but overall, most attempts to "rally the troops" are met with eye rolls. Overall, Moxie can feel like a comfortable but mediocre company. If you're interviewing for a job that's the next step in your career, it could be a great move. If you're moving laterally, it might lose its luster pretty quickly.

2. Short Stint

Pros

Interesting products, great co-workers. Huge potential.

Cons

Management had huge communication issues.

3. Engineer

Pros

Good salary and healthy market needs for products. Good benefits and good coworkers. Good core products that were advanced.

Cons

New CEO with new vision. She abandoned the successful product and sales vision for a new vision. Marketing put the cart before the horse because the product called Concierge is merely a mock up. Within 1 year almost all sales people have left and the core products lost their technical leadership position.

Advice to Management

Too late now, but should have sustained and paid affection to the existing customer base and the great sales team have since left the company.

5. Talisma / Ngenera / Moxiesoft / Moxie all the same Company Some good Product Bad Management Team

Former Employee - Lead Support Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Lead Support Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Moxie Software full-time

Pros

Great people, cool technology, excellent atmosphere. nGenera / Talisma /Moxiesoft was a fun place to work with lots of opportunity to do new and better things with the products we have, but not making the progress need to for the exciting additions and incorporating them into the products.

Cons

No retention of good employees within the company at all. The company does not care about employees with huge rate of turnover and attraction within the company.

Advice to Management

Previous executive and management team were in touch with the support team & company, and also all the staff and worked well a cohesive unit. But then new CEO and management VP team arrived, and everything went downhill from that point forward. You know you have major issue with a company when people working at the company 8 and 10 years plus are bailing and running for different jobs. This should really say something the Board of directors whom are investing in the company.

6. Moxie: Great team, great company, great opportunity!

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Bruno, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Moxie Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New CEO, great sales team, smart people, no petty politics...Moxie is a pretty great place to be these days. I've read the criticisms by former employees, but that's not the reality today. I've been here for the past 3 years and Moxie is a very different company these days with renewed enthusiasm, direction and improved leadership in critical areas. Moxie affords people the room to grow, experiment, and evolve professionally and I'd recommend it to friends looking for a challenging opportunity.

Cons

If you have a difficult time working with remote team members, it can be challenging as we have three office hubs in CA, WA, and TX. It would be great if we were all in one location, but that's about it.

Advice to Management

Keep up all the great work! One recommendation that I have (here comes my San Francisco nature) is that in addition to manager-to-report reviews, is that we do the inverse as well, where team members can provide formal review/feedback to their managers as part of the process. It's a good exercise. As a manager, I solicit and welcome feedback from my reports. I think we should formalize it.

7. Fast paced, great customers, new technology platform is very promising. New CEO has changed the destiny of Moxie.

Pros

Very customer focused. New technology platform is leaps and bounds ahead of competition.

Cons

None really. Besides being the crazy startup you would expect.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus; try not to do too many things at the same time as was a mistake in the past.

8. Finally breaking out?

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Moxie Software full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people and the passion. Under recent new leadership, Moxie is finally turning the corner. Much better focus and management that is really motivated to win and succeed in the market. Mobile and big data focus puts Moxie on the path to success. Great customers as well.

Cons

Distributed workforce...not perfect but then the new normal.

Advice to Management

Stay focused and

Broken products and short sighted management

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Moxie Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Majority of employees are professional and helpful

Cons

- Products are broken and we're constantly putting out fires - If in sales you don't get paid your commissions - Top talent left - New Leadership all from CEO's last company and very secretive - Toxic environment

Advice to Management

Fix the products and treat your sales fairly and you won't have 100% attrition in that group again.

Expectations not met

I worked at Moxie Software full-time

Pros

Some of the more tenured employees really know the industry, competition and how to get things done within the organization.

Cons

- The product itself is not the most stable, so you tend to spend a lot of time putting out fires. - No true sales model as there was no inside sales. - Limited competitive advantages in a diluted market

Hard to sell their products when they don't work very well.

Former Employee - Field Sales
    Former Employee - Field Sales

I worked at Moxie Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most employees are great to deal with and very helpful.

Cons

Products don't work very well. Being in sales, they screw you on commission. Sr. Leadership is relatively clueless to what the field truly needs.

Advice to Management

Fix the crappy products, bolster your support group (it's VERY MUCH needed) and pay your damn sales people appropriately.

RSS Feed </> Embed