MphasiS

MphasiS Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

MphasiS CEO and Director Balu Ganesh Ayyar

Balu Ganesh Ayyar

Pros
  • good work-life balance, can learn whatever technology we are interested in(in 94 reviews)

• work from home option available for people who are in production support(in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • No bench policy has resulted into many lost positions , possibly multimillion(in 53 reviews)

• No career growthNo career growthNo career growthNo career growthNo career growth(in 25 reviews)

It was good....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJob security.Job security.Job security.Job security.Job security.Job security.

ConsNo career growthNo career growthNo career growthNo career growthNo career growth

Enriching experience

ProsGood learning curve and growth opportunity

ConsCan do better w.r.t. employee compensation

Work-Life Balance, Good place to be post-marriage

Principal Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee)

Pros- Great Work-Life Balance
    - Offers higher than market salary for right candidates.

Cons- Innovations are not being given time to complete
    - Not acquiring new projects after disassociation with HP
    - Hikes not great

Advice to Senior Management- Would appreciate and like to see Senior Management involve employees for getting inputs on market growth and knowing our strength on technical front.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice company to work

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsOpportunities - Multiple opportunities available.
    Employee Satisfaction - Salary and work culture
    Work culture - Flexible and open

ConsMerging with big companies - Not sure how will it turn out in a longer run.
    Sometimes career path is not structured and not well planned.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer plans can be more structured for employees. Senior management can be more transparent to employees to help them have more clarity on company's and business future endeavors and opportunities.

Good Company to work for

Infrastructure Project Manager (Current Employee) Pontiac, MI

ProsLoyal Leadership, they will always back you if an issue arises with one of your projects.

ConsNavigating through the company is somewhat confusing

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees more and they will be more productive. They focus on billing more than anything else.

Good Company

Delivery Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGood work life balance, management is good. Onsite opportunities are there but depend on the projects. Average hike is 4-5% every year.

ConsAfter it moved to HP, there are many changes in policies some of which are not good like introduction of variable pay.

Test Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood company to work with

ConsNo Cons as far as i have worked

Family business nothing else....this company is a JOKE...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsGood for new graduate without industry knowledge and people with basic technical knowledge

ConsNot credited your job, politic, favoritism to native Indian, race issue, unprofessional, lack of good leadership, lies, employees are threaten to get fired if you don't follow manager desire to show good report during quarterly meeting, unequal paid, not skilled environment. Low paid..

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote the right resource to the right position base on their skills and experience and not some jerks and in laws or family members. Management lies all the time. If you work in USA your manager is your only gateway to talk to people on the top or to make your voice heard. Of course since you don't speak Indies your job and achievements will be the manager because he reports for you and rates you. Never show up to work and very arrogant.

As you should know this company is very selective on who to place and where to place people. Mangers are promoted based on the time they spent working in this company and not on their true value. Be good with your manager and say YES SIR to them and you will be manager still don't forget to say YES SIR. Matter fact this company also allows all kind of people to work for them. Racist, unqualified, people who gets paid for you to do their job... All kind of behaviors. It seems that they only want people they can control and if you ever dare to challenge them they will start conspiracy on you.

I got threaten to be fired if I don't perform on what the manager wants by the end of the quarter because he must submit report to show your work that he will of course define as his. No matter what you do they use you as a slave at this company.

I enjoyed working with some good people like the clients but Mohasis itself is just bunch of liars specially if you are not Indian to understand their minds. Of couple other sell out people that work as watchdog so that manager can apply less burden and threats on them.

Thanks I realized this soon and got me a better company to apply my skills and get better pay.

I do not recommend this company to any skilled person unless you can find a job right away. This company is a joke.

Good work culture but living under the shadows of bigger Tier 1 companies

Project Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Pros- Mphasis was a fresh & bubbly place to work in. Still is.
    - Work culture is pretty good
    - Has a lot of potential to raise itself into the big league

Cons- Lacks the leverage of the big companies
    - The HP takeover created a lot of chaos & parallel power structures
    - Pay is below par of the big companies
    - Attracting top talent seems to be a problem
    - Getting sustainable big projects is now a problem. Instead most engagements now seem to be the TNM kind of resource sharing

OFFICE POLITICS

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsA good place to learn new technology....nothing more

ConsWorking overtime without pay, Management continually lying to employees, NO BONUS, RAISES, OR PROMOTION for worthy employees. NO recognition for employees working their rump off if they don't agree with office managements childish office politics. One person being assigned the job of 5 people with the expectations of it being accurately completed within a very small window of time.....REALLY??!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and realize that NO ONE likes working with you. Your childish office politics are driving anyone with common sense to find much better jobs elsewhere in which they are accurately suited for. Your evil, manipulating ways of hiring and promoting people that speak the same language as you, that are from the same state as you, and your ordering employees to participate in the same weekend/after office activities as you are bringing this company to ruin and shame. Get over yourself and show some respect for other people!

Worked for MphasiS? Contribute to the Community!