Mr. Tire Automotive Service Reviews

Fredric A. Tomarchio

1. Good place to work

Current Employee - Master Tech in Dunwoody, GA
    Current Employee - Master Tech in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at Mr. Tire Automotive Service full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Have been in the automotive field for 16 yrs and have never made as much money as working with Mr tire. Great flat rate pay.The management is understanding of the family man. 401k matching. Health insurance.

Cons

Not for a lazy tech. Have seen some guys come thru that want to sit at there box and wait for work to fall in there lap and then complain about there paycheck. That works at busy time but not at slow time. These guys don't last long. If you don't mind doing work then there is no cons.

Honestly happy with all the management team

2. Long hours, low pay no home life.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Mr. Tire Automotive Service full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very stable but thrifty company. Stock price keeps going up, good variety of products. Most employees are good to work with.

Cons

Very low pay for experience, knowledge and performance. Over10 years as store manager with no pay increases, 15 year techs at my store without raises for 5 years. Zone managers and above receiving millions a year in bonuses and stock options. Low quality parts with premium pricing. Long hours and every holiday and Saturday. Corporate is cutting payroll and people. New motto is"More with less"

Morale is very low at the store level, you need to fix to grow sales not just buy more competitors.

3. OK

I worked at Mr. Tire Automotive Service

Pros

discounts offered to employees and benefits

Cons

Having to gouge the customer

5. Decent place to work horrible management

Current Employee - Auto Technician
    Current Employee - Auto Technician

I have been working at Mr. Tire Automotive Service

Pros

Good flat rate pay convinent location

Cons

Expect more then what your paid to do, upper management does nothing but say sale more

6. It was a very great learning experience

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Mr. Tire Automotive Service full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was exposed to evert aspect of the automotive industry, helpful staff, and training

Cons

Hours could've been better but no real complaints

Hour could be better issued as far as closing.

7. Avoid working there at all costs, worse job I have ever had in my many years of working.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Mr. Tire Automotive Service full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working with some skilled techs before they find a job that actually pays them what they are worth, a chance to learn some interesting things from them.

Cons

-Long Hours
    -Unrealistic expectations
    -Pay is ridiculously low and will never improve
    -7 days a week, all holidays etc. you will work
    -Constant badgering by higher ups to sell sell sell, even if the customer has already said no repeatedly.
    -Personally witnessed or been advised to be dishonest to the customer. (ie selling services they didnt need, or forcing things to fit even though wrong part number air filter, cabin filter etc.)
    -The hiring managers will openly lie to you, saying you will earn an enormous amount of money working for them....dont believe it, it is a flat out lie.
    -No lunch breaks, or breaks of any kind, no matter how many hours during the day you work.
    -Many, many, many other things too numerous to be listed here.

Listen to your employees, start paying techs what they are worth, and cost of living increases in pay always nice. Stop forcing your managers to milk every dime out of every customer every time they come in. Start realizing if people dont want to spend money they arent going to. Your business plan needs some serious reworking. Other companies are jumping ahead because of no pressure tactics and above all else "HONESTY", too many times I have seen others trying to rip customers off, that is not a way to build a relationship with customers.

8. Will work you to death

I have been working at Mr. Tire Automotive Service full-time

Pros

Decent Pay compared to the competition if you can handle the hours.

Cons

Run down stores and equipment, ridiculous hours, antiquated systems, they don't even have email.

Spend some money

9. B tech

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansdale, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansdale, PA

I worked at Mr. Tire Automotive Service full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice co workers, good hours worked around schedule

Cons

Pay was low no tech should be paid that little

10. Worst work place store manager was great but rich mantadick was a ahole did not know how to treat people

Former Employee - Lead Technician in Uniontown, PA
    Former Employee - Lead Technician in Uniontown, PA

I worked at Mr. Tire Automotive Service full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

None other than having a great store manager that would jump in and get just as dirty as the mechanics

Cons

Long hours for little pay
    Bust a** for the peanuts that I was able to make or shall I say killed my self trying to make a decent wage if it wasn't foe the store manager I don't think I would have ever stayed more than a day
    Store managers have no life work open to close 6-days a week only 2 holidays off a year

Learn to treat employees with the respect THAT YoU would like us to treat u like
    We are only humans not robots that have to be able to take normal lunch and bathroom brakes
    Also would be nice to have personal life other tan worrying about MR TIRE all the time

11. Overworked and underpaid

Current Employee - Floating Manager in Ephrata, PA
    Current Employee - Floating Manager in Ephrata, PA

I have been working at Mr. Tire Automotive Service full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are always new things to learn in the automotive industry and it's always nice to share that knowledge with the average customer. It was a nice way to meet new people and develop good business relationships.

Cons

Extremely poor work/life balance. (60/70 hours per week for salaried employees.)
    Assistants and floating managers are given a title but no authority.
    Upper management did not appear to care about employee concerns. ("If you don't like it...quit.")
    No recognition for a job well done.
    Bitter customers depending on the location.
    Very little to no advancement opportunity.

Take better care of your employees if you truly want to see an improvement in the company.