Mspark Reviews

Reset
3.3
Richard J. Hanna

regional account executive

I have been working at Mspark full-time

Pros

This company provides tremendous support for their staff. You will always know you sre taken care of, as are your clients.

Cons

At times, being a remote sales person can make things move more slowly than if you are in a staffed office.

Advice to Management

More sales time

2. Account Executive-Market Development

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant

I worked at Mspark (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, home based office is convenient.

Cons

With 20 years of successful sales experience, I found the goals very hard to reach in a short amount of time. Major Accounts and National Accounts are handled out of the corporate office leaving only small businesses to prospect and they cannot afford the rates. Digital products are over priced in comparison with competition. Company is owned by a Management Group and is sold every five years. Mediocre salary plus commissions if you ever see them. Digital compensation is horrible.

Advice to Management

Market Development takes more than 6 months. Existing local accounts should not be handled out of the corporate office, local rep should be working them for up-sell opportunities. Hopefully the new accounts that I sold were handed over to my replacement unlike the accounts that were sold by the rep prior to me which were "given" to the Major Accounts Dept.

3. Monotonous Work, but nice perks

Former Employee - Anonymous in Helena, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Helena, AL

I worked at Mspark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good training program with lots of books, help, scenarios, etc. Management is very friendly and approachable. There are a ton of little perks that make working in the office nice. Very flexible with time/hours. They treat you like an adult with expectations and work. Benefits are pretty good. Full time associates start out with 16 days PTO (prorated) and you don't have to earn it before you use it. Insurance is available pretty quickly, depending on when you start. Gym onsite, huge break room with anything you'd need to have lunch. Awesome ice and water machine and multiple snack machines. Nice office space in general. The general feel of the office is very laid back. They definitely take care of the employees' comfort it seems.

Cons

The job itself is very slow. They warn you of downtime when you start, and there is a lot of it. Every month, you do the same exact thing. Which, if you like repetitious work, this is the perfect job for you. However, if you like more curveballs and challenge, you won't find that here. Some of the staff is just downright unfriendly and standoffish. The pay is kind of low, which may be expected with such an easy job. Not a lot of social interaction outside of the little gatherings they throw.

Advice to Management

The concern you show for your employees is awesome. Keep that up.

5. Account Executive (Former)

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Mspark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Home office, PTO time, base salary, expenses paid there is a great support person assigned to sales

Cons

Very poor management. High expectations. Expectations changed after I was hired. Commission structure is very hard to understand. Lots of competition. Corporate office talks to digital clients and makes salesperson look inadequate ruins future sales for account Representative news travels fast in smaller markets makes for harder sales. No warning when let go very unprofessional 10 second phone conversation and no reason given. Very corporate driven do not care about sales force.

Advice to Management

Get new management

Ehh - it is ok.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I worked at Mspark (More than 3 years)

Pros

Account service and graphics has fun ppl to work with. Good 401K offering, vacation time and medical benefits.

Cons

Poor direction for the company as a whole moving forward. Departments are very siloed; not very much understanding of what others do or socialization.

Advice to Management

Executive management does not understand the business and does not recognize those in the company that help the business to continue to work.

7. Territorial sales rep

I worked at Mspark full-time

Pros

Solid company, flexible hours, good income opportunity if you work hard

Cons

Top heavy in management, lots of competition for advertising dollars both internal and external

Advice to Management

Stop rolling out so many different initiatives and segmentation

8. fun

Former Employee - Account Manager in Helena, AL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Helena, AL

Pros

Fun place to work. Enjoyed my time there a lot.

Cons

Pay was a little low.

9. Extremely hard sell for the most seasoned sales rep.

Former Employee - Territorial Sales Representative in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Territorial Sales Representative in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Mspark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are great benefits with lots of time off.

Cons

Upper management is all brand new and have made no effort to get to know the business before implementing changes. None of the sales management or sales trainers has actually sold the product. Most expensive product with no differentiation from competitors.

Advice to Management

Actually listen to your employees when they voice concerns. Put more focus on employees and getting to know the business than quick fixes to please the investors.

Mspark Response

May 13, 2015 – HR Generalist

At our National Sales Meeting in January of 2015 our CEO, SVP of Sales and SVP of Operations had small employee round-tables with all sales people to let them voice and discuss any issues. Our SVP ... More

This company provides a fast-paced work environment with new challenges to keep you motivated.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work hard, but make sure you're having fun. The company emphasizes hard work but rewards you with fun activities. For my team, we can work remotely whenever we need to, and that flexibility is fabulous.

Cons

You might work on a small team to support a large volume of employees. At times, the amount of work to get done can feel overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep work fun and people will want to keep working. Lead by example and people will follow.

11. Good company but favorites get best accounts and make tons of money.

Former Employee - National Account Executive in DFW, TX
    Former Employee - National Account Executive in DFW, TX

Pros

Flexibility, remote sales, met good working people and friends.

Cons

Favorites treated better than others. Tough business to sell - lots of limitations

Advice to Management

Even the playing field.

RSS Feed </> Embed