Mspark Reviews

3.3
Richard J. Hanna

Great Environment

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mspark is a great place to work. The culture is very employee-oriented. The people all work hard, but are very committed to doing a great job.

Cons

I am unable to list any cons. It's a great place to work.

2. I really enjoy working at Mspark. It's a good place.

Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist (CES) in Helena, AL
    Current Employee - Client Engagement Specialist (CES) in Helena, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's a great place to work. There's a laid back office environment, very loose dress code, and nice people. The company truly wants its employees to do well and be successful. Also they offer about 16 days of vacation for new hires. The benefits are good. Often young people can start their careers here and gain great experience. People who are willing to work hard and have a positive attitude seem to do very well in this company. There's a gym onsite and a nice break room for lunch.

Cons

Turnover can be high. Mspark can be difficult for people who do not like to work hard or who are also not able to adapt to the changes that come along. There are changes to the day-to-day procedures (as with many companies) and you have to be able to evolve with the company. This can be difficult at times but certainly not something that is impossible to handle.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see Mspark add higher caliber employees. Turnover is high, but I believe that might be able to be minimized by hiring better quality people and providing sufficient compensation levels to keep them wanting to advance.

Happy at Mspark

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Never a dull moment - good changes are happening this year at the company. Great leaders in place, great new employees in place. It has become a happier place to work, smiles and greetings in the hallways. Dress is casual so everyone can be their own individual style. People care around here. Always celebrating babies and weddings. Folks pitch in for troubled times too. Company is always throwing Halloween parties, picnics, ice cream treats our way. Mspark provides a great gym for employees. A super break room to gather for snack or lunch and catch a little tv. The benefits are the best around too. Top of line BC/BS insurance, 401K match, Telladoc, lots of vacation time, and many more.

Cons

I have a manager that excels in personal growth. They challenge me to think outside the box, solve problems, organize and stay sane when things go wrong. They want me to learn from my mistakes. Company values are strong with integrity, honesty, be inspired, quality.

Advice to Management

Leadership needs to learn more about the employees - sit with them, observe and meet with us more often.

Great company ignore the naysayers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for! Please do not let the negative comments sway your opinion. All of the kindergarten and poor management comments are from quite a while back and have been addressed. I have been with this company for numerous years and have seen many changes in the way the company has grown as well as changes in staffing and management. One thing is for certain upper management will do all they can to ensure the happiness of their employees.

Cons

There is always a deadline if you do not like a constantly busy day this is not the place for you.

6. Great company - great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Helena, AL

I worked at Mspark full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

atmosphere, family friendly, fitness facility

Cons

average pay, lack of personal development opportunities

regional account executive

I have been working at Mspark full-time

Pros

This company provides tremendous support for their staff. You will always know you sre taken care of, as are your clients.

Cons

At times, being a remote sales person can make things move more slowly than if you are in a staffed office.

Advice to Management

More sales time

8. Great atmosphere in a dying industry

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Helena, AL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Helena, AL

I worked at Mspark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a great corporate atmosphere. The training is very thorough

Cons

selling print mail is EXTREMELY difficult in the digital age. The new hire compensation system is bad for sales. And the account services and graphics team are grossly underpaid.

Advice to Management

Rethink the sales process for Inside Sales. It doesn't work the same as outside sales. The new hire compensation system is bad for sales. And the account services and graphics team are grossly underpaid.

9. Overall a good experience

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall good managment, good pay. Very busy place - lots of deadlines which can be stressful but every job has that. Advertising is more interesting than you might think. With a very few exceptions, great people to work with. Small enough that you get to know people in all areas and levels.

Cons

There's been more turnover than I'd like to see, including within the top ranks. Not sure how that will affect the rest of us.

This company provides a fast-paced work environment with new challenges to keep you motivated.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Mspark full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work hard, but make sure you're having fun. The company emphasizes hard work but rewards you with fun activities. For my team, we can work remotely whenever we need to, and that flexibility is fabulous.

Cons

You might work on a small team to support a large volume of employees. At times, the amount of work to get done can feel overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep work fun and people will want to keep working. Lead by example and people will follow.

Great Environment, Inspiring Leadership, Uninspiring Industry

Pros

Great Environment, Inspiring Leadership - The senior management all are very competent and genuinely care about the employees of the organization. The environment is professional but very down to earth. Family-oriented atmosphere.

Cons

Uninspiring Industry - There's just not a lot to get excited about although the company is becoming very dynamic and recognizes that it needs to adapt to the changing landscape of print media.

Advice to Management

Keep moving toward digital to make it over the coming hump in print media. The insurance plan could be a bit better given the size of the organization.

RSS Feed </> Embed