MullinTBG Reviews

2.7
Yong Lee

1. Your experience will depend on your department

I have been working at MullinTBG

Pros

Generally good environment, Jeans on Monday and Friday, Pretty good, but not outstanding, benefits package. Many managers really seem to know what they're doing.

Cons

A lot of uncertainty regarding the integration with Prudential is making employees nervous. Management is trying their best, but not sure how much it's helping.

Some problems with interdepartmental communication and sales reps with unrealistic/impossible expectations.

Advice to Management

Doing their best in tough times. Make sure you stick by your employees and continue to be as transparent as possible regarding the Prudential integration.

2. Wasted too much precious time there

Former Employee - Project Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Place was great before the prudential merge. They provide lunch twice a year. Get some good lays.

Cons

So many things. The software and development team suck big time but only because of their poorly skilled managers who can't mentor them. Their development process is obsolete like their mostly VB6 based technologies. They also read all your emails and snoop through your stuff. I hope the people who are still there stay there. They really do deserve to be tied to that amateur group for the remainder of their lives and careers, and learn/grow/gain nothing. I never realized how bad that place really was until I started working somewhere else.

Advice to Management

No way would I give management good advice, I'd rather they keep making their stupid decisions and mistakes. This section should be renamed "Advice to the Bad Management"

3. A stellar working environment where everyday I am learning and contributing something new to my colleagues.

Current Employee - Video Editor in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Video Editor in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at MullinTBG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent place to thrive in where you learn something new everyday about saving for retirement and 401(k).

Cons

The only thing I would say is that due to being in Los Angles the cost of living is so high it make your salary seem low. But this truly is a great environment to grow!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing because its awesome!

5. Working at MullinTBG was an constant battle.

I have been working at MullinTBG

Pros

Low expectations.
    Quiet easy going office.
    Friendly people

Cons

Poor long term vision
    Complacency for stale unmotivated people at all levels

Advice to Management

Just because someone had a 10 year tenure doesn't mean there an excellent employee. It means they have stalled in there job and mentally checked out.

6. A fish in the belly of a giant Pru

Former Employee - Benefits Administrator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

"Great people. Some really smart, hard-working people. Team environment. Great benefits. Backed financially by Prudential. Pru has supported bonus payments. High turn-over. Depending on department you may have a low stress experience. Cubicle life mix with team work. it's predictable and constant."

Cons

High workload in record keeping. Over worked employees and management. Proprietary software - not user friendly. High turn-over.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring more people

Worst place ever

I have been working at MullinTBG

Pros

You will not have much work except the release days or a week before it . You have no learning opportunity ,so you will get lazy and dum

Cons

They except you to work for min 12 hours on release nights and no matter expect you to report to work at 9 next day . No comp off or appreciation working extra , but every time you want leave an hr early ,you have to take off . They have sick time from 15 mins . They track you min by min even though there is noting much to work . They don't care about employee work life balance . They treat everyone as slaves .

Advice to Management

The IT heads have lead by example to employees , if they demand something from them . Stop treating people like slaves and try to improve work culture . No body enjoys working there . Treat us like people and respect our inputs .

8. Benefits

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits. Owned by Prudential.

Cons

Al ot of newer management with little experience.

9. Horrific!

Former Employee - Benefits Administrator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In this climate, it is a job, but not much more.

Cons

Management is horrible. Micromanaging and discrimination are a daily. If your not Asian or Pacific-Asian you will not advance.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone and start over.

10. Decent company with mediocre work force

I have been working at MullinTBG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people, decent benefits, no overtime required. There is a career path with growth especially with the high turnover. The high turnover may revitalize the company since those who have been around too long and left became complacent in trying to find new ways to do things.

Cons

Work load can be overwhelming if you are capable. Many unskilled and unprofessional who can get away with less work because they complain that there's too much work. Not a lot of solid managers. Low salary, bonus, raises.

Advice to Management

More trust in the employees to expand their roles and make it more interesting.

11. Company with great potential!

I have been working at MullinTBG

Pros

Company has great people to work with and has solid backing from its parent company, Prudential. If you're looking for an opportunity to grow and learn, there are many opportunities especially in the client service area. Company's finally heading the right direction.

Cons

This company had its ups and downs but has great potential and growth opportunities if one can weather through the changes.

RSS Feed </> Embed