MullinTBG

Updated December 9, 2014
Updated December 9, 2014
2.6

Yong Lee

A stellar working environment where everyday I am learning and contributing something new to my colleagues.

Current Employee - Video Editor in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Video Editor in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at MullinTBG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent place to thrive in where you learn something new everyday about saving for retirement and 401(k).

Cons

The only thing I would say is that due to being in Los Angles the cost of living is so high it make your salary seem low. But this truly is a great environment to grow!

Keep doing what you're doing because its awesome!

Working at MullinTBG was an constant battle.

I have been working at MullinTBG

Pros

Low expectations.
    Quiet easy going office.
    Friendly people

Cons

Poor long term vision
    Complacency for stale unmotivated people at all levels

Just because someone had a 10 year tenure doesn't mean there an excellent employee. It means they have stalled in there job and mentally checked out.

A fish in the belly of a giant Pru

Former Employee - Benefits Administrator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (less than an year)

Pros

"Great people. Some really smart, hard-working people. Team environment. Great benefits. Backed financially by Prudential. Pru has supported bonus payments. High turn-over. Depending on department you may have a low stress experience. Cubicle life mix with team work. it's predictable and constant."

Cons

High workload in record keeping. Over worked employees and management. Proprietary software - not user friendly. High turn-over.

Keep hiring more people

Worst place ever

I have been working at MullinTBG

Pros

You will not have much work except the release days or a week before it . You have no learning opportunity ,so you will get lazy and dum

Cons

They except you to work for min 12 hours on release nights and no matter expect you to report to work at 9 next day . No comp off or appreciation working extra , but every time you want leave an hr early ,you have to take off . They have sick time from 15 mins . They track you min by min even though there is noting much to work . They don't care about employee work life balance . They treat everyone as slaves .

The IT heads have lead by example to employees , if they demand something from them . Stop treating people like slaves and try to improve work culture . No body enjoys working there . Treat us like people and respect our inputs .

Benefits

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits. Owned by Prudential.

Cons

Al ot of newer management with little experience.

Horrific!

Former Employee - Benefits Administrator in El Segundo, CA

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In this climate, it is a job, but not much more.

Cons

Management is horrible. Micromanaging and discrimination are a daily. If your not Asian or Pacific-Asian you will not advance.

Fire everyone and start over.

Decent company with mediocre work force

I have been working at MullinTBG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice people, decent benefits, no overtime required. There is a career path with growth especially with the high turnover. The high turnover may revitalize the company since those who have been around too long and left became complacent in trying to find new ways to do things.

Cons

Work load can be overwhelming if you are capable. Many unskilled and unprofessional who can get away with less work because they complain that there's too much work. Not a lot of solid managers. Low salary, bonus, raises.

More trust in the employees to expand their roles and make it more interesting.

Company with great potential!

I have been working at MullinTBG

Pros

Company has great people to work with and has solid backing from its parent company, Prudential. If you're looking for an opportunity to grow and learn, there are many opportunities especially in the client service area. Company's finally heading the right direction.

Cons

This company had its ups and downs but has great potential and growth opportunities if one can weather through the changes.

Monotonous and repetitive work, all while being overworked and underpaid.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at MullinTBG full-time

Pros

- I enjoy most of the people I work with.
    - There's a decent amount of flexibility in regards to your work schedule.

Cons

- I am overworked, underpaid, and undervalued. And based on the amount of turnover, I'm not the only one that feels this way.
    - The work is incredibly monotonous and repetitive. If you like variety in your job and the opportunity to be challenged in your work, this is not the place for you.
    - There is no clear direction when it comes to career advancement. Your guess is as good as mine in regards to how, when, and why someone is promoted. And I haven't talked to a single colleague that hasn't expressed the same sentiment.
    - The company culture revolves around fear. Fear of mistakes and regulatory violations.
    - Each deliverable goes through double, triple, and even quadruple checks. This is extremely time consuming and inefficient. It also speaks to upper management's lack of trust and confidence in themselves and the people they hire.
    - The proprietary software could not be less user-friendly. Fixing system issues takes about as much time as performing all other job responsibilities.

Valuing your employees should be your number one priority. All things (client relationships, financial growth, etc.) will follow from this. But in order to show that you value your employees, there are major issues that need to be addressed:
    1) Compensation: My current pay tells me that you're interested in squeezing as much work out of me for as little pay as possible.
    2) Create a culture of trust and respect: If you are confident in your processes and in the people you hire, then act accordingly by letting us do our jobs without creating a culture of fear and micromanagement. If you are not confident in your processes and the people you hire (which appears to be the case), then we have a larger issue.
    3) Career advancement: Communication is so simple and yet so powerful. What does the possibility and timeline for advancement look like? Although employees have asked these questions countless times, somehow there remains a lack of top-down communication.
    4) Consider the impact of your decisions on your employees: Decisions seem to be based solely on client relationships with no regard as to how it will affect the employees that actually perform the duties for the client.

The effort to improve overall work processes is much appreciated. But, more importantly, there needs to be an effort to improve overall company culture.

Tough business in this economy

I worked at MullinTBG full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some really smart, hard-working people work here. The Client Relationship Managers really care about their clients.

Cons

Tough industry to be in

MullinTBG Photos