Multi-Color Corporation

Updated September 6, 2014
1.8

Multi-Color Corporation President and CEO Nigel A. Vinecombe
Nigel A. Vinecombe

Multi-Color is the perfect organization for someone who wants to drive for results with a team

Current Employee - Human Resource  in  Batavia, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resource in Batavia, OH

I have been working at Multi-Color Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you work hard and like to get results Multi-Color is where you need to be. You can grow and have new opportunities every day. As a mid-size organization we have access to senior leadership and our opinions matter. We are a team of passionate people who have sense of ownership in the success of the organization.

Cons

As a mid-size organization there is not the same level of automation with systems that you might experience in a larger organization. The plus side is that we have the opportunity to be a part of continuously improving our processes and procedures.

The vision for Multi-Color's future is very exciting. Share that vision with all associates and ignite their passion as well.

it was a great place to work everyday was a new adventure, a fast paced busy environment

Former Employee - Lead Rewinder  in  Riverside, MO
    Former Employee - Lead Rewinder in Riverside, MO

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

the people at mcc were great we had a great team everyone got along and at the end of day your proud of all the orders that got out on time

Cons

the orders that were impossible to carry out that some how got filed the heavy lifting the closing of our plant

just appreciate and say thank you more often cause we pulled out a lot of task that we thought were impossible

Inconceivable that this company is still in business... their "big" customers would run like the wind if they only knew.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Weaverville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Weaverville, NC

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The only positive thing I can say about Multi-Color Corporation is that the law of the universe dictates they simply will implode from the weight of their own oppressive, unjust, and dishonest policies.

Cons

No leadership, no appreciation of the workers, no real chance of advancement (unless you're sleeping with the boss or know enough to keep your mouth shut when you witness an illegal, immoral, unethical act), no reward for loyal employees, no validation of hard work, no consequences for those who are trouble-makers, no protection from vicious employees (you're on your own here), no teamwork whatsoever, no attempt of management to intervene and correct a hostile workplace, sexism and racism is not only "tolerated" but actively practiced by management, no Human Resources presence or assistance, no respect.

You should talk to the people who make the product, run the office, assist in pre-production and finishing, ship the product, repair the machines... you know -- make the company profitable? instead of automatically taking the word of "management". Management has only ONE goal when they get up every morning. And that's to keep their job and to heck with everybody and everything else. Shame on you.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

loved my job

Former Employee - Converter  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Converter in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

was a good company till they bought out york label

Cons

very un organized needs better management

i worked there 14 years i could have been a manager they chose their people

Slitter

I have been working at Multi-Color Corporation full-time

Pros

Clean environment, best pay in the area, not for everyone but overall a decent place to make a living.All the overtime you could ever want and more.

Cons

At times lower management seems almost afraid to make decisions. All the overtime you could ever want on a forced basis.

Terrible company to work for

Current Employee - Litho Department  in  Batavia, OH
    Current Employee - Litho Department in Batavia, OH

I have been working at Multi-Color Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really can't say any until they get their act together. You get paid, but you have to make sure your hours are correct every pay period.

Cons

Hire from Temps and if you don't work out, your out. Quality and paperwork for employees is excessive, so they can report to their customers that quality steps were taken. Although quality is preached it is not practiced to alot of standards. Sad to see a company with good potential abuse that to proclaim quality and safety are its main causes. Try to find an employee with tenure there, next to impossible. Most stay a year and move on, that speaks volumes about this company.

Hire people that know how to manage, not just fake their way through because they are buddies with someone there.

Very Chaotic environment, unqualified management team

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time

Pros

Paychecks didn't bounce. The business seems to be pretty steady so that the employment is fairly secure. Very busy so the time passes pretty quickly

Cons

Management is unqualified. The culture is one of blame someone else if anything goes wrong. The idea of teamwork is a foreign concept to the management team. Frankly, the management team is not qualified to run a company the size of Multi-Color. The company has gone on a huge acquisition spree without having the management infrastructure in place to handle everything. Morale is low and turnover is high.

Look for new jobs.

Unorganized Chaos

Former Employee - Customer Account Representative  in  York, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Account Representative in York, PA

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and treat each other like family.
    There are good employees who are dedicated and willing to go above and beyond.

Cons

Unorganized procedures and policies make for internal chaos.
    Most of the smaller customers are pushed aside to make room for the bigger customers.

Communication to staff on key changes and upcoming improvements will help boost morale and trust with management.

Used to be a great place to work but has gone to the dogs fast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Scottsburg, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsburg, IN

I have been working at Multi-Color Corporation

Pros

The people are great to work with

Cons

Salary and benefits are not good. New management took away bonuses that greatly affected our yearly pay. They did give us a raise but also raised cost of benefits and almost doubled the health insurance deductibles. I used to love this company now I cant wait for a chance to get out of here. They are becoming a terrible place to work, the management here in the Scottsburg plant are good to work for but Nigel is not. He is only interested in buying up all the companies he can and keeping pay and benefits at rock bottom in order to keep expanding. He will find out you get what you pay for. We can hardly find anyone who wants to work here anymore and finding good people to work here is almost impossible. They stay till they find something better and move on. When Frank was here we knew we were appreciated, we received bonuses, decent pay, good benefits and he visited now ant then to meet with us to let us know what was going on. We don't even know what Nigel looks like. He has bought companies, shut down companies, taken away bonuses, increased cost of benefits, increased insurance deductibles and kept pay at rock bottom here. But all this came at a price. The morale in this plant is not like it used to be. People put in their hours and go home, they don't go the extra mile like they used to.

Practice what you preach, you say your employees are your greatest asset, then act like it. We need to be able to provide for our families too but you are making it harder every day. We have made the company what it is today, we have done our fair share don't you think we deserve to be compensated for that.

Good company, I'd recommend it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Watertown, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Watertown, WI

I worked at Multi-Color Corporation

Pros

The people that work there. The workforce makes the company. It's like family there.

Cons

The only downside to working for MUlti-Color is there is not alot of advancement.

There's not alot of advice to give

Worked for Multi-Color Corporation? Contribute to the Community!