Multi Packaging Solutions Reviews

48 reviews filtered by
2.1
Multi Packaging Solutions CEO Marc Shore
Marc Shore

I'm proud of my career experience with MPS!

Current Employee - Operator in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Operator in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions

Pros

I have seen the company transition from an employee owned company to the corporate world. I recently transferred to a new department and was impressed with my new manager, because they are actually passionate about the printing business and strives to attain efficient, intelligent and competent employees in the department. It was hard to believe that a manager like this still existed in the company!! Everyone on in my new department is resourceful and work-oriented. Even though there has been a merge of departments, scare-tactic changes upon us all, and there are certain individual(s) I would not care to work around, I can honestly say that I wouldn't regret staying with the company for another 10 or more years and work building up my skills and keeping up with the technological advancements in the print industry.

Cons

Certain individuals preach the doom and gloom that they believe is upon the industry and that puts a huge damper on the work atmosphere. My previous manager of 6 years was not competent in their job responsibilities, they just went to meetings all day every day and delegated their duties out amongst the employees under them. I am not impressed with company/department/manager-discretion policies that are just enforced to instill a fear in all their employees, such as the attendance point system, which in times of emergency, sickness or even death, employees are constantly faced with the consequence of earning points that can lead to the termination of their job, when they don't give adequate 48-hour notification for their absence.

Advice to Management

Do your job! Don't let good employees with decades and decades of irreplaceable experience just walk out the door! Being a leader means serving your department, co-workers and employees!

"If you don't have anything nice to say... then don't say anything at all" That's where I stand with this company

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Glendale, CA

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can't really say anything "Pro" about the company. I will say that the people were great to work with as creative teams

Cons

Shareholders are very profit oriented. As much work to be done, with as little workers as possible. No perks or bonus. No severance policy. Unless you are top notch sales person, management doesn't know who you are.

Advice to Management

Advice to management??? What management... What HR... Pretty much non-existent.

Keep your head down and don't ask questions.

Former Employee - Office in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Office in Lansing, MI

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay. OK benefits. Great coworkers. Their ownership group has deep pockets and is constantly absorbing smaller companies, so you know the company isn't going anywhere. Constant advancement opportunities thanks to attrition. If you can survive here you can work anywhere.

Cons

Heavy workload, antiquated ERP software package, poor training on the office side, and a general "us vs. them" mentality between the salaried and hourly staff. Worked one job for nearly three years and felt every day like my contribution wasn't good enough. Any sort of suggestion or criticism was met with disapproval. Moved into a new position and felt more respected, except when I asked for proper training and received an incredulous stare. Had to leave the company to preserve my own sanity. Also, if you ever need a flexible schedule or any amount of time off, you should look elsewhere. It takes forever to get to two weeks PTO, sick days are not included, and you get points as an hourly employee for being one minute late, which always felt so nice when seeing salaried employees saunter in at 8:15 or enjoy their hour lunch.

Advice to Management

Look up the definition of "human" so that you can work toward creating a legitimate Human Resources framework. Also, your managers need some serious remediation in how to train, encourage, and support their staff. When longtime employees are openly joking about "working in hell" and getting nodding giggles from their colleagues, you know you have a serious problem (hint: it's not the grumbling employees you need to fix, but the underlying issues).

Programmer Analyst

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good company to work for. We got bought out by MPS and a lot of things are changing. The work environment is good, the benefits are not great but they will do.

Cons

There are a lot of people at the company that will throw you under the bus for no/any reason. Just a warning

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and have better benefits.

Poor Leaders

Current Employee - Press Operator in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Press Operator in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions

Pros

Lots of overtime if you want to work it
    Paycheck is on time
    Good people work on the equipment in my dept

Cons

I have watched managers constantly screw each over at every opportunity. We do not have one manager in this facility who understands the equipment and what we do. We are constantly threatened and belittled and when we try to speak up we are dismissed. The person running this operation is as clueless as the managers that report to her

Advice to Management

Hire some printing professionals as your management team and clean house!

7. Great place to work

Current Employee - Fulfilment Lead in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Fulfilment Lead in Centennial, CO

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people and management just a great job

Cons

If you are hard worker you can move up and better your self

Advice to Management

I started as a temporary employee with less than a year got full time and know a fulfilment lead

8. Good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions

Pros

The company invests in great equipment and is very modern. Hard work is rewarded if you are willing to do what it takes.

Cons

Overall the company has become very large and it is difficult to maintain any type of smaller feel as things become more and more corporate.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!

Terrible place to be, unless you like treated like dirt

Current Employee - Misused Worker in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Misused Worker in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions

Pros

Health Insurance to pay for

Cons

Micro managed , very top heavy with management with lack of direction. Took Vacation earned away, took personal time away, took bonus time away . Low pay with no increases, Mandatory OT for Months with no days off unless you are granted a vacation day if you have enough time earned . No scheduling or planning of any jobs ran , seem to wait till job is due then print it and try to get it out , Hence all the weekends of OT . then after the weekend low work to do for the week. While working the OT weekend no managers. they don't like to work OT rather be home with Families . They do not care about workers Families or problems.

Advice to Management

Plan and schedule all jobs , each dept. should know a week in advance what will be running on equipment for the next week . Ditch the needless safety glasses, the air quality in the plant is no different then that in your office.

10. Good place to work

Former Employee - Supervisor in Terre Haute, IN
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits. Opportunity to get additional hours.

Cons

Sometimes you may get a little to much overtime.

Advice to Management

Empower your supervisors

11. Terrible place to work.....

Former Employee - Pressman in Terre Haute, IN
    Former Employee - Pressman in Terre Haute, IN

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

LOTSA' available overtime, in fact,you are Mandatoried more often than not..not much more Good I can say..management was taken from within plant so supervisors were knowledgable with the problems faced...operators were among the BEST in the business with YEARS of experience

Cons

Plant was run by humiliation,degradation and Intimidation...complete disregard for repair and maintanance of equipment and failure to order much needed parts...Upper management lacked any "people skills" and hence,Morale among co-workers was terrible.....Management didn't trust operators to tell them what problems were or didn't want to hear....

Advice to Management

Empower and TRUST the people that operate machines daily ..not everyone there that offers advice or suggestions are lying or trying to get over on the company.