Multi Packaging Solutions Reviews

Reset
2.0
Multi Packaging Solutions CEO Marc Shore
Marc Shore

Pros
  • There are some really great people that work here and work hard here (in 3 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career off at (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • New policies from Human Resources and miscellaneous "committees" have made working there a miserable experience (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management lacked any "people skills" and hence,Morale among co-workers was terrible (in 3 reviews)

1. Internship

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions

Pros

Relaxed environment and the majority of people were nice.

Cons

Slow at times, management can be demanding.

2. Ok place to work

Former Employee - Quality Technician in Grand Rapids, MI
    Former Employee - Quality Technician in Grand Rapids, MI

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Large stable company with lots of room for growth

Cons

Place is large so management drops the ball a lot.

Terrible

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some good people around the business with lots of experience in the industry.

Cons

Micro-managed to death. Management has no respect for work/life balance or family. Expect to work extremely long hours (70+ hours a week) and have your vacations cancelled or not approved. Upper management is very unprofessional and rules by fear and threats, most of them don't have any kind of professional business management education and makes lots of bush league mistakes. Hourly employees are pawns and are managed through intimidation. No value is placed on safety. It is only a matter of time before someone loses a hand or is killed.

Advice to Management

Hire management with real business experience and get rid of the old status quo.

Sad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can't give any except that I won't be heremuch longer.

Cons

I've never seen or worked for a company where management is more condescending and abusive in my life. "My way ir the hughway" mentality. Always looking for the smallest reason to nick an employee and "give them points". Anytime a mistake is made, the employee is nicked and a new "SOP" is written. Run by fear and belittlement.

Advice to Management

You are not God and DO NOT always know the best way to do a job. The way that you devalue your employees is despicable and non-productive and outright abusive. The way that you treat your customer by placing more importance on one over the other is revolting. You really need to learn how to lead by serving instead of ooperating under the master-slave method.

no consistency no communication

Current Employee - Rewind in High Point, NC
    Current Employee - Rewind in High Point, NC

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions (More than 5 years)

Pros

decent pay could be better if management would listen

Cons

no communication knee jerk reactions

Advice to Management

clean house from old management good old boy network

Company is strictly for Mngt

Current Employee - Production Floor in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Production Floor in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time

Pros

good people working on the production floor

Cons

massive amounts of overtime no family life and HR has run amok

Advice to Management

it rains on your HR department before you lose half of your production crew

"If you don't have anything nice to say... then don't say anything at all" That's where I stand with this company

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Glendale, CA

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Can't really say anything "Pro" about the company. I will say that the people were great to work with as creative teams

Cons

Shareholders are very profit oriented. As much work to be done, with as little workers as possible. No perks or bonus. No severance policy. Unless you are top notch sales person, management doesn't know who you are.

Advice to Management

Advice to management??? What management... What HR... Pretty much non-existent.

I'm proud of my career experience with MPS!

Current Employee - Operator in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Operator in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions

Pros

I have seen the company transition from an employee owned company to the corporate world. I recently transferred to a new department and was impressed with my new manager, because they are actually passionate about the printing business and strives to attain efficient, intelligent and competent employees in the department. It was hard to believe that a manager like this still existed in the company!! Everyone on in my new department is resourceful and work-oriented. Even though there has been a merge of departments, scare-tactic changes upon us all, and there are certain individual(s) I would not care to work around, I can honestly say that I wouldn't regret staying with the company for another 10 or more years and work building up my skills and keeping up with the technological advancements in the print industry.

Cons

Certain individuals preach the doom and gloom that they believe is upon the industry and that puts a huge damper on the work atmosphere. My previous manager of 6 years was not competent in their job responsibilities, they just went to meetings all day every day and delegated their duties out amongst the employees under them. I am not impressed with company/department/manager-discretion policies that are just enforced to instill a fear in all their employees, such as the attendance point system, which in times of emergency, sickness or even death, employees are constantly faced with the consequence of earning points that can lead to the termination of their job, when they don't give adequate 48-hour notification for their absence.

Advice to Management

Do your job! Don't let good employees with decades and decades of irreplaceable experience just walk out the door! Being a leader means serving your department, co-workers and employees!

Keep your head down and don't ask questions.

Former Employee - Office in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Office in Lansing, MI

I worked at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay. OK benefits. Great coworkers. Their ownership group has deep pockets and is constantly absorbing smaller companies, so you know the company isn't going anywhere. Constant advancement opportunities thanks to attrition. If you can survive here you can work anywhere.

Cons

Heavy workload, antiquated ERP software package, poor training on the office side, and a general "us vs. them" mentality between the salaried and hourly staff. Worked one job for nearly three years and felt every day like my contribution wasn't good enough. Any sort of suggestion or criticism was met with disapproval. Moved into a new position and felt more respected, except when I asked for proper training and received an incredulous stare. Had to leave the company to preserve my own sanity. Also, if you ever need a flexible schedule or any amount of time off, you should look elsewhere. It takes forever to get to two weeks PTO, sick days are not included, and you get points as an hourly employee for being one minute late, which always felt so nice when seeing salaried employees saunter in at 8:15 or enjoy their hour lunch.

Advice to Management

Look up the definition of "human" so that you can work toward creating a legitimate Human Resources framework. Also, your managers need some serious remediation in how to train, encourage, and support their staff. When longtime employees are openly joking about "working in hell" and getting nodding giggles from their colleagues, you know you have a serious problem (hint: it's not the grumbling employees you need to fix, but the underlying issues).

Programmer Analyst

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Bolingbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Multi Packaging Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good company to work for. We got bought out by MPS and a lot of things are changing. The work environment is good, the benefits are not great but they will do.

Cons

There are a lot of people at the company that will throw you under the bus for no/any reason. Just a warning

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and have better benefits.

RSS Feed </> Embed