Multi Service
www.multiservice.com Overland Park, KS 150 to 499 Employees

Multi Service Reviews

Updated Apr 3, 2014
Multi Service – Overland Park – “street side view”

Mark O'Connell

Good people, fairly poor company to work for

I worked at Multi Service full-time for more than a year

ProsPeople are nice. Nonmonetary benefits are decent. Quiet work environment. Good location. They recently renovated the building, and the new renovations look nice.

ConsNot much consideration for employee well-being. There are things they could do that make employees feel like they are appreciated. Compensation is low. High turnover rate. Morale is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to improve employee morale. It's not always about the bottom line. If employees aren't happy, there will continue to be high turnover.

DISAPPOINTING!!!!

Overland Park, KS

I worked at Multi Service as a contractor for less than a year

ProsAble to wear jeans to work everyday!

ConsI was told by both people who interviewed me that this was a pretty good work-life balance organization. I did not find it so.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront with your job expectations. I would never have accepted a position with the organization, if I had known what the "real" hours they expected me to work had been revealed. We both would have been better off.

If you want to be treated like an adult, this isn't the place for you.

Kansas City, KS

I worked at Multi Service full-time for more than a year

ProsMany of my coworkers became good friends. If you want a job where you put your head down and plow through whatever mundane task they have assigned you, you'll love it here.

ConsEveryone still clocks in. You spend time dealing with "missed punches" instead of something that might make the company money. The people at the top haven't changed in 30 years and don't plan to anytime soon. They let cancerous employees run the place with never even a slap on the wrist.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a new HR team and let them work on your churn metric. When you've solved that, you probably have a good team of employees. Now tell them the corporate goals and get out of their way.

Thriving, stable and growing

I have been working at Multi Service

ProsFast paced, diverse clients and programs, great people and good management. Excellent work life balance. Good corporate culture and investment in employees well-being. Recently family benefits got much better.

ConsPresident and Vice Presidents are homegrown and while they have a strong knowledge of Multi Service they are fairly weak at strategy and as leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet intimate with the work challenges or get out of the way. Compensation and workload are still out of line.

This place took me back to the 60's when prejudice was rampant.

Customer Service (Former Employee)

I worked at Multi Service full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf you are uneducated, slovenly and prejudiced this is the perfect place for you. The only "pro" I can think of is dress code; business casual. Other than that there are no pros if you are a minority.

ConsFavoritism, nepotism, good old boy network. If you are not a certain color, not related to an employee or part of the good old boy network you have no chance at all. Diversity training is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease shake off the mothballs and move forward. Prejudice should be dead and so should your super egos. We are in a new age and people of all colors should be given the chance to excel. You have lost many talented and qualified individuals because you choose to stay stuck in the 19th century.

B2B Receivable Management Company

Manager Risk Analysis (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at Multi Service full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood atmosphere in the work place

ConsInformation distribution limited at times

Amateur Hour, Back to High School

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Multi Service full-time for less than a year

ProsInteresting industry, some smart/friendly employees in various departments, gym membership discount, web based systems for payment processing and credit monitoring programs. Several senior managers have long tenures but might be out of touch with how happy or satisfied the worker bees are.

ConsPoor benefits (no subsidy for dental, healthcare barely better than what you can buy privately) timeclock used/required for all employees (salary included), sub market pay, non-disclosure agreement required but not disclosed during interview process, high turnover (low morale), some supervisors/managers are simply unprofessional and/or emotional, gender bias, there is a lack of detail, accountability & logic, too much time spent on silly non-work related activities. Certain individuals are walking examples of the Peter Principle, (google it).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop drinking the naively optimistic kool-aid and simply look in the mirror to fix many problems and improve efficiency. Focus on the WORK tasks at hand. The phrase "work/play hard" is not intended to be at the same location.

Misleading, Management

Credit Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Multi Service full-time for more than a year

ProsEmployee recognition, HR tried to be engaging,benefits were average. Promotions if you are "Popular"

ConsManagement needs to grow up. Unprofessional and more interested in what happens after 5. Misleading job descriptions, multi tasked word thrown around way too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember where you came from. Learn to listen, think, then react. Your turnover rate is embarrassing. You are not God.

Good thing they were bought out...

I have been working at Multi Service

ProsInteresting markets, and good opportunity to learn new stuff. Good place to go if you're desperate for a job. Seem to be stable and move people around the company instead of getting rid of them.

ConsUnfortunately, you're on your own to learn the new new stuff. There is absolutely no training or direction whatsoever in any job. You have to be aggressive to learn new stuff. Pester people and ask questions or you'll never learn. Of course, that's pretty frustrating when you get paid 20% below market value for the position you're in. This is why it's a good thing they got bought out by a fortune 500 company. It's possible that at some point, the parent company will figure out that MS is killing itself by being so cheap about pay. They seem to have the mentality of quantity vs quality. Solve a problem with more warm bodies, not more talented people. (They cost too much.) Nobody seems to realize how much more this costs the company long term. I even read another review about a supervisor making excuses about not hiring a temp permanent. I know how much staffing companies get paid for temps. (It's not cheap. Just poor decision making.)

When it comes to management, all strategic decisions appear to be made based on snap judgements, not solid information.

Incredibly unprofessional work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementUntil the company starts to look at properly evaluating the talent it has, upgrading it where needed, and sliding their avg pay up into the market avg range for each position, your people will never really drive the company forward the way you expect. You have to realize, that even if you think you are hiring someone who upgrades your talent, it's likely they have either talked their way into a position they aren't qualified for, or they are in desperate need of a job. There is no way that someone who can get 100% of market value elsewhere is going to take a job at your company for 75% of market value, unless they don't have a choice. (And once they find something else, they're gone.)

Good place to learn, but invest in your own professional development for long term success

Business Development (Former Employee)

I worked at Multi Service full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat, smart, talented people to work with (Weschler test part of the interview process)
Stable job with few layoffs.
Wellness Plan

ConsNot a lot or training, mentoring, or professional development is offered.
If your job is eliminated, you may be offered one that's very different.

Worked for Multi Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Multi Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Multi Service CEO Mark O'Connell. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Multi Service employees.