Multi Service Reviews

Reset
2.7
Multi Service President Mark O'Connell
Mark O'Connell

Great place to make a career!

Current Employee - National Account Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Multi Service full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many companies present themselves as value-driven, few actually live by it. Multi Service is a company that stands behind there values and customers which makes it a great company to work for. When you interview here you will see their values posted on the wall: integrity, relationships, performance with excellence, passion, credibility, and wellness. They care about you, your success, and your work-life balance. Also, they are going places. This company has been around since 1978 but it is growing leaps and bound. I have worked here less than 1 year and I have already seen significant growth in our product offerings and reach. If you want to work for a company with a solid foundation and a promising future, I would strongly recommend Multi Service to anyone.

Cons

Since being acquired by World Fuel Service in 2012, we have been able to develop our programs at a faster pace. Most the growing pains have subsided. We are still adjusting to the annual reviews but most our systems are already streamlined. I think despite a few adjustments, this has been a good move for our company and our mission. (Also better rates on a great health care plan since we are now part of a fortune 500 company!)

2. Sales

I have been working at Multi Service full-time

Pros

Awesome company, great benefits, and tremendous long term career potential. Not a micromanaging atmosphere. Great overall culture. The company is really growing.

Cons

Commissions affected by fuel price. However, they have been running more incentives to counter the declining fuel price.

3. Excellent Surf Inspired atmospher

Current Employee - National Accounts Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - National Accounts Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Multi Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

relaxed, no micro-management, excellent earnings potential,easy access to management,excellent recognition and bonuses

Cons

none I can think of

5. Awesome!

I worked at Multi Service

Pros

Opportunities galore! I was promoted twice in the few years I worked there and am glad I was given the opportunity to prove I could not only perform well, but exceed expectations. Casual work environment, great culture, many benefits!

Cons

Management is short sighted and stuck.

Good Benefits, Below average pay plan

I have been working at Multi Service

Pros

Great benefits, PTO, and very casual in many ways

Cons

Pay plan, Base and commission structure. Constantly having to have big months as your commission constantly falls off of the back so your like a hamster on a wheel. If you are looking for solid residuals this isn't it.

Advice to Management

Revise pay plan to help stop constant turnover.

7. Ok

Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Multi Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company in a stable industry. Can only go up from where they are. Company morale was really excellent.

Cons

Changing work conditions and the uncertainty from being purchased by a super mega large company.

A bunch of liars and lots of favoritism

Former Employee - Financial Controls Analyst in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Financial Controls Analyst in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Multi Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code. Flexible hours. Some good people. Interesting work. Met a good friend. 20 words is too much pros at this place

Cons

Horrible management. Stole employees good ideas as their own. Gave duties then changed their mind without telling you. Coddled employees that called in sick, were lazy, late, and disrespectful because they were yes men. Didn't back up good employees or reward. Pay was horrible!

Advice to Management

Managers need to spend more time talking to employees instead of letting supervisors get rid of good employees that worked hard and had good ideas. Manager had NO balls....most employees have no work ethic....stealing time. Get rid of them and raise wages for good employees. If not, no will fail. World Fuel needs to clean house here!!!!

Stay Away!! Fuel Card sales

Former Employee - National Account Manager in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - National Account Manager in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Multi Service full-time

Pros

Good Insurance. Time off is decent. Co workers were great.

Cons

Commission structure is not competitive. Promises of great pay when you start, but after killing yourself you find that you will only make 35 to 40 per year. HIGH TURNOVER! 12 people out of 20 quit over 1 year. Churn and burn.

Advice to Management

Change the commission structure. Meetings are all about what your sales staff isn't doing correct. Look in the mirror. The commission structure that you created is not competitive. Change your attitude. Instead of being okay with your churn and burn atmosphere because it gets you the minimum numbers to meet your goal, compensate your sales staff, and they will get you great results.

Customer Service-Fuel Card

I worked at Multi Service

Pros

cupcakes once a month for birthdays

Cons

Terrible work environment, poor leadership, HIGH TURNOVER. I was only there for a few months and was the longest tenured representative on the floor training others within 1 month of being at the company. Would never recommend this job to my worst enemy.

National Account Manager

I have been working at Multi Service

Pros

The culture is good. I like the people I work with. The benefits are decent.

Cons

The compensation is not competitive and they don’t value their sales team.

RSS Feed </> Embed