Multi Service

www.multiservice.com

Multi Service Reviews

Updated Jul 17, 2014
Multi Service – Overland Park – “street side view”

Multi Service – Overland Park – “street side view”

Mark O'Connell

If you are healthy, attractive and athletic you can do very well.

Bill Plus (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsThe work is interesting and can be challenging.
    Bill Plus tries to make the workplace tolerable with Culture Club.
    HR has fun stuff like outings, picnics and ice cream truck visits in the summer.
    There are many fun and friendly people.

ConsYou are expected to revolve your life around the job, including your social life. If you are buddies with management, you have no place to go but up. If they don't like you, they will get rid of you.

If you have to take a unpaid time off for any reason, you will be threatened with disciplinary measures. HR is defensive about any complaints they receive regarding this or other questionable management behaviors.

Workplace bullies are in control and will only get a slap on the wrist at most. If someone complains about you enough, even if you can prove they are incorrect, you will get you written up and/or demoted.

Training is roughshod and is dependent on who you train with. There are little to no written procedures. Procedures change from month to month or week to week. There is a lot of information hoarding going on in the trenches. People are hesitant to have other people know how to do something that they consider Their Job. They will give partial or incorrect information to co-workers in order to maintain their position.

Advice to Senior ManagementJudge people based on the work that they provide. Get quality control going and base reviews on that instead of social aspects. Quality of work, processing totals and results are the best measuring tool of your employees.

Get written procedures! Currently the only way to find out how to do something is to ask a co-worker who may or may not give you the complete or correct information.

Bullies and constant complainers run the show. The only way to get the positive work environment you want is to change this. Look closer at those doing all of the complaining, why are they trying so hard to get other people in trouble?

HR, stop defending management and listen to what people are trying to tell you.

Good

Credit Representative (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsGood hours

Politics
    Annoyin co workers
    Little variety

Micro Management

ProsOther departments seem to be full of happy and content employees

ConsThe micro-management in my department is unbearable. There is a constant revolving door with entry level positions (which is most of the department). Multiple people leave each month. Expectations for pay are over the top. Very stiff environment with interaction between department groups forbidden. Employee chit chat is prohibited, cell phones are banned. Every time off request is ridiculed and judged at under a spy glass. Management seems to revel in creating drama or making things bigger than they are. Every little detail is nitpicked to death.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is always trying to figure out the problem with the revolving door. Perhaps they would be better suited looking into the mirror and taking some Xanax. Realize that no one wants to transfer into the department from other departments because they know how depressing it is. You will get more work out of employees if you relax the reins and let people enjoy coming to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Employee Retention and High Turnover

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Overland Park, KS

Pros-10% discount at local fitness center
    -Meet some decent people while employed here
    -Some managers not the worst ever

Cons-VPs are conceited and short sighted
    -Management forms cliques and spreads rumors
    -The powers that be almost always think they are right, and have no problem telling you; just a problem admitting that they are wrong.
    -Most managers are the worst ever
    -In most positions the pay is not very good and certainly not industry standard - called the "Multiservice discount" by people that work here
    -Burn out employees quickly with low pay, long hours (depending on the position), and little respect
    -Very few incentives to work hard and remain with company
    -Supervisor positions are a nightmare because you are overworked, overloaded, wayyy underpaid leaned on beyond belief, and burned out before you've even put a year into the position - plan on taking your lap top home and working late because they will hire terrible workers to work beneath you and you will likely end up loaded with their work load when they quit or get fired - enjoy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your ego and narrow-minded thinking to the side for long enough to see that other people have good ideas once in a while. Pay hard working employees more money and give them incentive to stay with the company, rather than move on and find other employment.

DISAPPOINTING!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsAble to wear jeans to work everyday!

ConsI was told by both people who interviewed me that this was a pretty good work-life balance organization. I did not find it so.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe upfront with your job expectations. I would never have accepted a position with the organization, if I had known what the "real" hours they expected me to work had been revealed. We both would have been better off.

If you want to be treated like an adult, this isn't the place for you.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsMany of my coworkers became good friends. If you want a job where you put your head down and plow through whatever mundane task they have assigned you, you'll love it here.

ConsEveryone still clocks in. You spend time dealing with "missed punches" instead of something that might make the company money. The people at the top haven't changed in 30 years and don't plan to anytime soon. They let cancerous employees run the place with never even a slap on the wrist.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a new HR team and let them work on your churn metric. When you've solved that, you probably have a good team of employees. Now tell them the corporate goals and get out of their way.

Good people, fairly poor company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsPeople are nice. Nonmonetary benefits are decent. Quiet work environment. Good location. They recently renovated the building, and the new renovations look nice.

ConsNot much consideration for employee well-being. There are things they could do that make employees feel like they are appreciated. Compensation is low. High turnover rate. Morale is low.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to improve employee morale. It's not always about the bottom line. If employees aren't happy, there will continue to be high turnover.

Thriving, stable and growing

ProsFast paced, diverse clients and programs, great people and good management. Excellent work life balance. Good corporate culture and investment in employees well-being. Recently family benefits got much better.

ConsPresident and Vice Presidents are homegrown and while they have a strong knowledge of Multi Service they are fairly weak at strategy and as leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet intimate with the work challenges or get out of the way. Compensation and workload are still out of line.

This place took me back to the 60's when prejudice was rampant.

Customer Service (Former Employee) Overland Park, KS

ProsIf you are uneducated, slovenly and prejudiced this is the perfect place for you. The only "pro" I can think of is dress code; business casual. Other than that there are no pros if you are a minority.

ConsFavoritism, nepotism, good old boy network. If you are not a certain color, not related to an employee or part of the good old boy network you have no chance at all. Diversity training is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease shake off the mothballs and move forward. Prejudice should be dead and so should your super egos. We are in a new age and people of all colors should be given the chance to excel. You have lost many talented and qualified individuals because you choose to stay stuck in the 19th century.

B2B Receivable Management Company

Manager Risk Analysis (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsGood atmosphere in the work place

ConsInformation distribution limited at times

Worked for Multi Service? Contribute to the Community!