MultiPlan

Updated August 14, 2014

3.1

MultiPlan CEO Mark Tabak
Mark Tabak

Pros
  • Flexibile hours and ability to work from home (in 3 reviews)

• I had a good experience and worked with great people (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Unrealistic goals are set- if you do not produce in a timely manner you will be let go (in 3 reviews)

• MultiPlan is an expanding organization, therefore due to company acquisitions and mergers, best practices sometimes result in layoffs and downsizing (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

WATCH YOUR BACK!

Pros

None! Former company PHCS and CEO Joe Driscoll was the best!

Cons

Promoting idiots to supervisors and managers! Management has no respect for its employees. Multiplayer only cares about the almighty buck!

Get a life! Try and thinking of your employees instead of filling your pockets with blood money!

Resolution Specialist

Former Employee - Resolution Specialist  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Resolution Specialist in Waltham, MA

Pros

My coworkers were awesome and very supportive. They made me enjoy coming in and also made my day less stressful. The company gave me a chance to build my résumé to take my experience else where! I thank you!!!

Cons

Cheap with raises and piled too much work for the peanuts we were getting. Seniors on my team were useless/ unapproachable and barely did their job. Till this day I wonder how they got their title. The over worked their good reps and wondered why they decided to leave the work place. Honestly, monkeys could be trained to do this work. Definitely a place for high school students. Normal people who wants advancements, I urge you not to apply!

They strive on favoritism. They promote the wrong people and let the ones who are good- leave. Try promoting those who deserve to be promoted instead of focusing on tenure!!!!! Maybe they'll be able to keep the remainder of their good employees.

Awesome

Former Employee - Claims Repricer  in  De Pere, WI
    Former Employee - Claims Repricer in De Pere, WI

Pros

The people there were very nice excellent benefits great pay loved my job as a claims specialist

Cons

No room for advancement in the company

Should have more cross training to get to know more of the job positions

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company, but downsizing

Former Employee - Claims Specialist  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Claims Specialist in Naperville, IL

Pros

My fellow workers at Multiplan were very friendly and supportive. I found the supervision to be supportive. Supervisors were supportive of work/family balance issues

Cons

I had the impression that the "little people" (claims workers, etc) felt a bit "stuck". It didn't see that there were many opportunities to move up. I was a temp-to-hire who never did get hired, but I have the impression that was unavoidable.

Toxic work enviornment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Pros

- Most departments allow for a somewhat flexible schedule
    - Company closes 2 hours early on Fridays during the summer
    - Annual bonus

Cons

- Very low employee morale
    - Frequent layoffs
    - Terrible management
    - Unorganized and inefficient business practices

I worked at MultiPlan for 3 years and was promoted twice during that time.
    I would like senior management to know that they are losing money by handing over power to incompetent and unskilled managers and supervisors. Employee morale couldn't be worse. Employees are often bullied by management and constantly in fear of being laid off.
    It's pretty simple - when employees aren't treated with respect they cannot do their best work.

review

Former Employee - Claims Repricer  in  De Pere, WI
    Former Employee - Claims Repricer in De Pere, WI

Pros

great work experience, nice people to work with on my team

Cons

there were no cons it was great working their I miss it

some people think that they would retire from these places but sorely that is not the case. They will let someone go that has been doing this job for most of their adult life and they just let you go no loyalty at all to the employees

Great place to grow

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst I  in  De Pere, WI
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst I in De Pere, WI

Pros

Friendly management, autonomy, hours, benefits. Great place to start building a career from the bottom up. During my interviews with different hiring managers, all of them have started from a low position and worked their way up to management level.

Cons

Politics. If you want to succeed in this company you need to network and get to know everyone. An employees reputation is a major factor when climbing the corporate ladder.

Stay friendly

Be prepared.....never worked somewhere with upper management that was very....unprofessional!

Former Employee - Staff Assistant II  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Staff Assistant II in Waltham, MA

Pros

Flexibility with hours-cafeteria inside the building, great benefits, and Christmas bonus.

Cons

The Management team needs a lot of work! My first day of work I walked in with corporate attire- i looked so out of place. Everyone wears jeans and sneakers. which isnt bad at all! the office was very dirty. The team leaders are not professional she just picks on people and talks about co-workers she dislikes.

The Manager is very Passive Aggressive. WARNING: they will give you a warning for something so stupid ; they do things backwards there. A lot of companies hand out warnings for tardiness, but they just choose who to pick on. The company had a huge employee turnover ...every month someone left , and a new employee would join.

Overall- great benefits - bad management.

Management should take management classes. Also, should train team leaders on how to act/be professional.

Favoritism and bad culture

Former Employee - Service Support Representative
    Former Employee - Service Support Representative

Pros

The hours - I started work really early. It was good able to come in early and leave early while everybody was still eating lunch!

Colleagues - The majority of my colleagues were funny and good people.

Cons

Favoritism - You can be the dumbest person in the department. As long as your boss likes you, you will get promoted.

Culture - MultiPlan is still stuck in the old ways of company culture. They do not understand that there is a new way of doing things regarding corporate culture.

Colleagues - The notes written by my colleagues were some of the worst I've ever seen. Misspellings, typos and sentence fragments were seen on a daily basis. Even "text talk" was used.

Please revamp the culture at MultiPlan. The whole environment there looks gray and it needs to be brightened up.

Recognize the people who work hard and promote those people. Stop promoting your friends and people who should never be promoted in the first place.

Started off Good, then it was all outsourcing from there….

Former Employee - Senior Representative - Service Operations  in  Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Representative - Service Operations in Waltham, MA

Pros

I loved my co-workers, we had an awesome bond. The benefits were really good.

Cons

My managers where back stabbing and cliquish. They would bully people who they felt were weak. The older women in my department were utter tattle-tales; who smiled in your face, but had no problem stabbing you in the back. My department Manager and Supervisor BOTH knew our department was being outsource, yet they made sure to secure their own spots in the company while the rest of us got let go.

Not everyone is management material, please try to remember that next time you select people for Middle Management Positions.

Worked for MultiPlan? Contribute to the Community!