MultiPlan

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015

MultiPlan CEO Mark Tabak
Mark Tabak

Pros
  • Work at home option, summer hours on Friday, good people (in 6 reviews)

• Flexibile hours and ability to work from home (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Unrealistic goals are set- if you do not produce in a timely manner you will be let go (in 4 reviews)

• Management has no respect for its employees (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent company, felt stifled in my development.

Former Employee - Director, Rate Operations in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Director, Rate Operations in Waltham, MA

I worked at MultiPlan full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced, promoted within two years

Cons

Constant change due to merger/acquisition activity, inadequate leadership development, management team that is disconnected and not visible, not enough investment in people programs

Stop forcing non-qualified people into leadership positions and hire externally.

Great Company to work for

I worked at MultiPlan full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I loved my time with the organization and due to a layoff I am no longer with the organization.

Cons

leadership, depending on the department you work in, lacks.

My experience at MultiPlan has been wonderful

Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Arlington, TX

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The work environment is steady, yet fun. The management team is wonderful. We have great benefits and love summer hours

Cons

Honestly in the area I work and the staff I work for I do not have any cons. Our SVP, who I work for has always given me the opportunity for a good work-life balance. Works with me on PTO when needed.

I think upper management, even at the busiest, most stressful moments are doing a wonderful job and wouldn't change how they are doing things today

Long time employee experiencing great career growth

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has been through a lot of change over the years, all of which has helped me build my skills and meet new, talented colleagues along the way. The company moves at a fast pace which takes some getting used to, but I really enjoy the variety of challenges.

Cons

We are very much an email/conference call/Webex-centric company so I sometimes miss the personal interactions of face-to-face meetings from the past. And it is very easy to take the work home with you, even though it isn't expected or required. I have to force myself to unplug once and a while.

Management continues to work to create a culture where employees feel empowered to make decisions and make a difference. I think this is an area that has seen much improvement recently, but could use some refinement.

Be weary if you're coming in as a temp

Former Employee - Credentialing Coordinator in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Credentialing Coordinator in Waltham, MA

I worked at MultiPlan full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice cafeteria and break room areas. If you like being isolated and not talking to anyone this is the job for you. As a temp you can just sit at your desk and not be bothered by others because you are basically invisible.

Cons

As a temp you are basically thrown in the basement and forgotten about. They give you the crummy looking cubes and office chairs that look like they've been sitting in storage for the last 10 years. You are also placed away from the main employees almost like you have an illness. More often than not when you walk by a main employee they look at you like "who are you" and "how did you get in here". The work for a credentialing coordinator is mindless and if you have a basic understanding of reading and how to use a mouse and keyboard you can do this job. Also you spend more time fixing the mistakes of other temps who don't seem to know how to read along with not knowing how to use a mouse or keyboard. The management is some of the most unprofessional group people I've come across. There is no communication on your performance (good or bad), they don't answer questions clearly and they can't even keep a consistent lie going. They also feel like they can lie to the temps by seemingly promise that this project was just a trial period and after this project is completed they will be hired full time.

Do not dangle the promise of permanent employment in front of temps when you clearly have no intention of hiring them on full time after the project is completed. It should be specifically said that this is a temp position so that way potential hires would know what they're getting into.

Worst career move I ever made

I worked at MultiPlan (more than a year)

Pros

Summer Hours on Fridays-leave 2 hours early, lots of nice people working there

Cons

Too many to list-but I'll throw out a few.
    Lots of no so nice people working there
    Horrible Managers-like to rip on others during your 1 on 1's,d Distrustful, extremely paranoid, always looking over their shoulders because of their own failutre to be an effective Manager.

Take some Management 101 courses to learn how to talk to your people

Good, fair company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MultiPlan part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Supervisors are supportive. The workers are friendly.

Cons

Not much opportunity for growth.

Nice friendly and helpful people in IT department

Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer III in Naperville, IL

I have been working at MultiPlan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working here for several years and found the IT department in Naperville to be very friendly and supportive. There is less friction and people help each other to achieve goals. Company has good compensation policy but negotiate well if you are getting hired. Good annual bonus and salary increments and very good flexibility for work life balance as long as you have a good understanding with your manager.

Cons

Due to multiple acquisitions, company can have isolate pockets of people and team who may be resistant to change

Eliminate compensation discrepancy for long working employees compared to new hires to adopt appropriate corrective actions periodically.

Good Old Boy Network - Network Development

Former Employee - Director of Hospital Contracts in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Director of Hospital Contracts in Kansas City, MO

I worked at MultiPlan full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay, bonus, and benefits

Cons

Worked for MPI ten years and was "let go" due to MPI acquiring another managed care company favoring new company employees in Network Development. Got rid of loyal productive long time employees who continually exceeded goals. They tend to black ball former employees in a good old boy manner. Was a great company until Don Rubin left. Now they are obsessed with being the BIGGEST and Mark Tabak. could not care less with the effects of being unemployed. Company values are self-centered, goes with their current philosophy.

Respect your loyal and productive employees and get rid of the passe' good ole boy thinking.

WATCH YOUR BACK!

I worked at MultiPlan full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

None! Former company PHCS and CEO Joe Driscoll was the best!

Cons

Promoting idiots to supervisors and managers! Management has no respect for its employees. Multiplayer only cares about the almighty buck!

Get a life! Try and thinking of your employees instead of filling your pockets with blood money!

MultiPlan Photos