MultiView Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
3.2

MultiView CEO & Chairman Scott Bedford
Scott Bedford

Pros
  • Fun atmosphere, no dress code, friendly people, clear expectations of employees (in 12 reviews)

• Great coworkers, fun environment, beer fridge, no dress code (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Play very loud music, to the point where customers can hear it over the phone (in 5 reviews)

• There can also be pressure to make sure that sales goals are hit (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to grow career

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing gets you pumped other than a DJ playing Rhianna first thing in the morning and it does not hurt either when your floor manager decides to buy everyone Starbucks or Taco Bueno for breakfast... Because everyone knows coffee is for closers Other than the food to get you motivated everyone that you work with has an awesome personality, some of the best coworkers I've ever had. The work day can go pretty fast when you are having fun and making lots of money but remember someone is always out to take your seat, do not get too comfortable.

Cons

Stick it out. Smile and Dial...Don't be afraid of the phone and ask for the sale!!!

Over-promised and under-delivered, think twice before working here.

Current Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Casual dress was nice, somewhat stocked break room, and hit music playing all day. A couple rad people worked here in the Utah office. Jordan and Melissa are awesome. It was fun to learn a little about many different industries as projects would change. The office was young and hitting new office sales records would bring free lunch the next day. It's also really close to the new outlets at Traverse MT.

Cons

Dis-honest sales practices. This is a dog-eat-dog sales environment. Management does little to stop the Dallas reps from snagging your hot leads. Over my time here, I watched as all the top earners left because management did nothing to keep them there. Commission on high dollar products went from 10% down to 7% and that is just the beginning. All they want to do if fill seats and then they wonder why the turnover is so high.

Leave before MV gets you for life. You don't want to say you still work for MV when you hit 40.

MultiView Response

Oct 20, 2014Vice President, Human Resources

The world of sales is one of the most competitive areas of business and to be successful it requires companies, and their sales folks, to be ruthlessly competitive. That is not a trait that we, or ... More

Fun company, Tough work

Current Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX

I have been working at MultiView full-time

Pros

Great and fun company to work for. Great people, good commission rate.

Cons

Loud music during your sales calls. You're pounding the phones all day. Leads contacted multiple times a day by different sales reps.

Good job keeping employees happy, find a way to better allocate leads so they aren't always mad at the company.

Programmatic Advertising

I worked at MultiView

Pros

Good opportunity to earn

Cons

Would be nice if they communicated better. I did not know what my quota was for basic product until the month they put me on plan.

Let me sell Programmatic advertising. I had a passion for it

High demand, mediocre reward

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great youthful atmosphere. Company sponsored outings are fairly regular, incentives are daily.

Cons

High demand and little to no "wiggle room" if demands are not met. Good luck talking with any supervisor about changing positions within the company. They see that as a sign of you not wanting to work there.

Everyone is different and works/learns differently. Invest in your employees by getting to know them and identify their unique strengths and weaknesses. Help them address those weaknesses and make them a better person for it.

Sales

I worked at MultiView (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good overall- good benefits/time off

Cons

Post college culture. Often it is the employee first job out of college

Hell on Earth

Former Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT

I worked at MultiView full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Expand your network as you look for a better job with other employees. Get good at making a ton of calls to companies that are being hit up by 10 other people at the same time.

Cons

Worst company that I have ever worked for. Horrible service. Greedy management. Micromanage like a hawk. No room for growth. Very unprofessional culture. Employees are treated horribly. Expect you to work a lot of overtime with no overtime pay. I have been very successful in sales, but I could not bring myself to offer such a horrible product that most clients get nothing out of.

Take some time away from counting your money and maybe genuinely care about your employees. Little stupid spiffs and perks do not give you the right to treat people like slaves.

Managerial Circus

Former Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great place to network given that the turnover rate is huge. Fun, young, and vibrant culture. Ping pong tables and bean bags.

A good place to work for 6 months to a year if you need a job and experience. Decent compensation.

Cons

Probably one of the only call centers that blasts rap music in the background while sales representatives are talking to clients. It's hard to work around megaphones, clappers, constant screaming. Worn out databases. Consistent micromanagement. When they hire you they will tell you your hours are 7:30am to 4:30pm but most days are until 5pm (unpaid overtime). Constant restructuring. Non-existent job security and a culture of fear. I was hired over a summer with 100 people and one year later there were about 6-7 sales reps left from that group.

Employees treated poorly.
    Minimal upward mobility.

Foster a culture of cohesiveness- communication between managers and employees.

MultiView Response

Jul 25, 2014Vice President, Human Resources

The culture that we have fostered at MultiView is unique and certainly not for those who like to sit in an office with no atmosphere and no camaraderie.
    Candidates who decide to accept our
    ... More

A uniquely positioned company with a clear lack of direction and planning

Current Employee - Digital Media Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Digital Media Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent base pay, frequent incentive spiffs, good location, nice office space. Good experience for digital media/marketing.

Cons

The best compensated reps leave in droves, including management - terrible churn for both the high performers and the low performers. Significant micromanagement. Constant restructuring. Not a career.

Better planning, better communication. Conduct performance reviews at some point. Implement some form of compensation structure built around consistent performance and professional development.

Good experience - Get in and get out

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

For creative jobs, MultiView actually compensates pretty well. The work-life balance is great as well; Most jobs in design or editorial don't offer great benefits, so the holidays off and PTO are extremely rewarding.

Cons

The environment is so obnoxious. They keep the Inside Sales Reps running by blasting music nonstop and encouraging weird, loud activities to keep people alert. It's not conducive at all. They are also are rolling out lay-offs to sales and Newsbriefs departments.

Communicate better. We have no idea what's going on half of the time. "Great company culture" will not keep people around.