MultiView Reviews

Updated October 18, 2014
3.2

MultiView CEO & Chairman Scott Bedford
Scott Bedford

Pros
  • There's no dress code, you can wear whatever you want (in 12 reviews)

• Fun atmosphere, no dress code, friendly people, clear expectations of employees (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Loud music during your sales calls (in 6 reviews)

• There can also be pressure to make sure that sales goals are hit (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to grow career

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing gets you pumped other than a DJ playing Rhianna first thing in the morning and it does not hurt either when your floor manager decides to buy everyone Starbucks or Taco Bueno for breakfast... Because everyone knows coffee is for closers Other than the food to get you motivated everyone that you work with has an awesome personality, some of the best coworkers I've ever had. The work day can go pretty fast when you are having fun and making lots of money but remember someone is always out to take your seat, do not get too comfortable.

Cons

Stick it out. Smile and Dial...Don't be afraid of the phone and ask for the sale!!!

Fun company, Tough work

Current Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX

I have been working at MultiView full-time

Pros

Great and fun company to work for. Great people, good commission rate.

Cons

Loud music during your sales calls. You're pounding the phones all day. Leads contacted multiple times a day by different sales reps.

Good job keeping employees happy, find a way to better allocate leads so they aren't always mad at the company.

Over-promised and under-delivered, think twice before working here.

Current Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Casual dress was nice, somewhat stocked break room, and hit music playing all day. A couple rad people worked here in the Utah office. Jordan and Melissa are awesome. It was fun to learn a little about many different industries as projects would change. The office was young and hitting new office sales records would bring free lunch the next day. It's also really close to the new outlets at Traverse MT.

Cons

Dis-honest sales practices. This is a dog-eat-dog sales environment. Management does little to stop the Dallas reps from snagging your hot leads. Over my time here, I watched as all the top earners left because management did nothing to keep them there. Commission on high dollar products went from 10% down to 7% and that is just the beginning. All they want to do if fill seats and then they wonder why the turnover is so high.

Leave before MV gets you for life. You don't want to say you still work for MV when you hit 40.

MultiView Response

Oct 20, 2014Vice President, Human Resources

The world of sales is one of the most competitive areas of business and to be successful it requires companies, and their sales folks, to be ruthlessly competitive. That is not a trait that we, or ... More

Run far, Run fast

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - IT Engineer in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (less than an year)

Pros

free drinks, and some free snacks

Cons

Poor management, good ol boys shop. No backbone from "leaders". Seems like a lot of the fluff from hollywood today. unrealistic demands from sales staff pushing a hokey :"product"

grow a spine

Programmatic Advertising

I worked at MultiView

Pros

Good opportunity to earn

Cons

Would be nice if they communicated better. I did not know what my quota was for basic product until the month they put me on plan.

Let me sell Programmatic advertising. I had a passion for it

Sales

Former Employee - Sales in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Holiday vacation - 2 weeks paid time off over Christmas.

If you are post college and looking for a good paying start in sales this may be a good place for you. You can get sales experience under your belt.

Cons

Constantly changing sales objectives. Just when you start selling well in one particular area they move you and you have to start all over with a different product.

When you have a company that is about to buy your manager will "take over" and call your customer relentlessly until they buy. You may lose several potential sales because of this.

Every company you call is being called by several other divisions within the company who are supposed to document their calls but don't.

You will be screamed at daily by customers that have begged to be taken off the Multiview call list.

There is constant screaming, loud music, endless game playing that is supposed to be motivational but mainly just annoying. Most sales are post college age, immature, egotistical little brats, who play childish pranks on each other and disrupt everyone else who's trying to do their job. Foul language and lewd behavior is commonplace. Think college frat house.

Drinking with your co-workers and managers is expected. Friday's they open a beer fridge afternoons and it is encouraged that you hangout and continue onto the bar with your group - which is fine if you don't have a family or friends of your own. This is also where you can buddy up to your manager and get the scoop on what's going on within the company.

Yes it is true there is no dress code but that translates to employees who don't shower and throw a baseball cap on. You find this out because at lunch time they over stuff the elevators when everyone who is trying to leave at once and the smell is disgusting - once again think college frat house.

You are not allowed to leave at the end of the day until you are excused.

Don't hire anyone over the age of 25.

Sales

I worked at MultiView (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good overall- good benefits/time off

Cons

Post college culture. Often it is the employee first job out of college

High demand, mediocre reward

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great youthful atmosphere. Company sponsored outings are fairly regular, incentives are daily.

Cons

High demand and little to no "wiggle room" if demands are not met. Good luck talking with any supervisor about changing positions within the company. They see that as a sign of you not wanting to work there.

Everyone is different and works/learns differently. Invest in your employees by getting to know them and identify their unique strengths and weaknesses. Help them address those weaknesses and make them a better person for it.

Managerial Circus

Former Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A great place to network given that the turnover rate is huge. Fun, young, and vibrant culture. Ping pong tables and bean bags.

A good place to work for 6 months to a year if you need a job and experience. Decent compensation.

Cons

Probably one of the only call centers that blasts rap music in the background while sales representatives are talking to clients. It's hard to work around megaphones, clappers, constant screaming. Worn out databases. Consistent micromanagement. When they hire you they will tell you your hours are 7:30am to 4:30pm but most days are until 5pm (unpaid overtime). Constant restructuring. Non-existent job security and a culture of fear. I was hired over a summer with 100 people and one year later there were about 6-7 sales reps left from that group.

Employees treated poorly.
    Minimal upward mobility.

Foster a culture of cohesiveness- communication between managers and employees.

MultiView Response

Jul 25, 2014Vice President, Human Resources

The culture that we have fostered at MultiView is unique and certainly not for those who like to sit in an office with no atmosphere and no camaraderie.
    Candidates who decide to accept our
    ... More

Hell on Earth

Former Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT

I worked at MultiView full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Expand your network as you look for a better job with other employees. Get good at making a ton of calls to companies that are being hit up by 10 other people at the same time.

Cons

Worst company that I have ever worked for. Horrible service. Greedy management. Micromanage like a hawk. No room for growth. Very unprofessional culture. Employees are treated horribly. Expect you to work a lot of overtime with no overtime pay. I have been very successful in sales, but I could not bring myself to offer such a horrible product that most clients get nothing out of.

Take some time away from counting your money and maybe genuinely care about your employees. Little stupid spiffs and perks do not give you the right to treat people like slaves.