MultiView

Updated January 27, 2015
3.4

MultiView CEO & Chairman Scott Bedford
Scott Bedford

Pros
  • There's no dress code, you can wear whatever you want (in 12 reviews)

• This is a company that is not shy about rewarding employees for their hard work (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Loud music during your sales calls (in 6 reviews)

• There can also be pressure to make sure that sales goals are hit (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Paying Enterprise Sales Opportunity in Utah!

Current Employee - Programmatic Sales Executive in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Programmatic Sales Executive in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-All leads provided!
    -Great work/life balance!
    -No cap on commissions!
    -Renewals are fully paid!
    -You get to sell the top product in the digital advertising industry!
    -Awesome culture with great people!

Cons

-The playlist for the music needs an infusion of better songs
    -The finger foods at the Halloween party need to be upgraded
    -It can be a grind like any B2B sales job
    -We need more company parties and team-building exercises
    -7am is early for a start time

Continue the one-on-one coaching and development. Even though our office is fun and vibrant, I'd like to see more activities that blend the variety of office personalities together. Keep up the great work!

Great place to START a sales career!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company was phenomenal in terms of getting up and coming college graduates into the corporate world and experiencing what "sales" is - the good, the bad, and the ugly. Many of the successful sales reps there are making high 5 to low 6 figure incomes annually. It's FANTASTIC money. The atmosphere was fun - jeans, popular music, parties, free snacks, etc. The job itself isn't terribly difficult, but you have to be able to grind. If you can do 70-80 calls a day and not slack on keeping a fresh pipeline, you can make unheard of amounts of money as a college grad.

Cons

The reason I left was because in order to MAKE the amount of money they talk about, you practically have to sell your soul. Internet advertising in general is not a high ROI game, but the majority of the big companies you see who do spend their budgets there know this. At Multiview, many times you're selling to smaller companies that don't have the budgets to spend $5,000/quarter with a 0.3% CTR. Thus begins a vicious cycle of over sell, under deliver and pissed customers who walk away from the company. It's heartbreaking to hear stories of customers who have a meager ad budget that they need to work in order to hit their numbers, and sell them the dream. I loved the money, but couldn't stand hearing families and small business owners tell me that they got little to nothing off of the money they spent with us.

You've also got favoritism that happens, and renewals are passed out to those that have put in the time. I didn't care as much about that aspect, but if you're reading this just know - going to happy hours, brown nosing, and loose morals can get you far in the company. The turnover is high, and the renewals can be very good money. It's a much easier sale. Anytime someone leaves or is terminated, their book gets passed on to the friends of the people doing the passing. It made a lot of people mad and feel they were treated unfairly; I'm not sure if this is because they didn't know how the world works, or were self entitled, or truly justified in some cases.

I haven't been there in a few years, but when I was you had a lot of money rolling in. Had you spent a larger portion of it advertising the Association's products, you probably would've received more genuine traffic, which would have meant more visits/orders for customers, which would've made our jobs easier and renewal/referral rates much higher. The only promotion I ever saw was our presence at trade shows, which was great for us, but in terms of community awareness of the guides and briefs from the end users -- I'm not sure it was there.

It's a grind

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX

I have been working at MultiView full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Form friendships
    Fun atmosphere
    Can make good money if you put in your dues

Cons

Hundreds of phone calls per day with same pitch over and over
    Heavily monitored by management
    Selling bad product

Make product better to make it easier to sell
    Make job less monotonous

Best Inside Sales Job

Current Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Salary. Great Leads. Great Commission. Great Bonuses. Great Extras. Great Environment. Terrific People. Growth Potential. Effort is Rewarded. Great Trainers. Great Benefits and Very Understanding from an HR perspective.
    If you are any kind of Winner, you will LOVE this place.

Cons

One shift that starts at 7am. The Company Basketball team could use some coaching.

Keep up the good work!

1 1/2 years at Multiview and LOVE IT!

Current Employee - Behavioral Targeting Specialist in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Behavioral Targeting Specialist in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can earn a lot of money at Multiview! You get a decent salary, plus commissions...and every time the client renews, you get the same commissions! Sell them 5 years in a row = 5 x the commissions. So, just sell like crazy and build up 40 or 80 or 200 clients, then just take care of their renewals and make a ton of money. The large majority DO renew; there's always a few who don't. Management is fun, forgiving, helpful and willing to do anything they can to help -- right down to close sales if you need them to. Casual, fun, and an amazing product. I have clients who rave about the Targeted Campaigns with us and double and triple their orders before their first contract is even fulfilled! Imagine an email that pops up..."Every sale made in the next 4 hours gets their name in a bucket. If your name is drawn, you go to CABO SAN LUCAS for 3 days on us!" Awesome. Or they give you hundreds of extra dollars nearly every day for sales made; or plane tickets, sports tickets, and on and on and on! Work hard, work smart and you'll love it. Sit around and whine and slough off and fake it....and you're outta there! I have found a HOME.

Cons

Sales is always a challenge..that's why sales is one of the highest paid occupations in the world. Yeah you have to learn and improve your skills. If you don't, you're going to have a tough time anywhere. You need to push yourself to make the dials which create the appointments which create the sales. If you are lazy and make excuses and aren't creative, you're not going to make it. You need a strong, positive attitude, so if you are a whiner and think everybody's out to 'get' you, you're gone. Multiview isn't a school for beginners, although they certainly have an excellent training program. If you know how to sell, you'll do very well very quickly. Having a solid product that's priced right and is fulfilled with class and caring by the company, gives you a great vehicle to make a great living.

Keep doing what you're doing....pouring out surprise large bonuses, trips and 'stuff'. Spread successful techniques, phrases, ideas, facts, etc., so all have access to them.

Better than expected!

Current Employee - Team Lead Manager
    Current Employee - Team Lead Manager

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Compensation at MultiView is more than generous and you will make what you put into the job, which is not the case for most sales companies. I have been with the company less than 2 years and through my hard work, MultiView's training, and support I have risen through the ranks quickly and now have the opportunity to manage my own sales employees. I have experienced only fairness and real concern for not only my work success but also my own personal well being outside of work. Honestly, at first I didn't know what to expect out of the company but now I am seriously making this a real career option.

Cons

Work here is sometimes stressful, but what high paying jobs aren't? Also the constant change is hard at times.

Great People, Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Programmatic Advertising in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Programmatic Advertising in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than a year)

Pros

MultiView is the world leader in business-to-business media. I've worked there for almost a year and the opportunities are awesome. The office is run competently by people who really do care about you and will go well out of their way to help you learn more about sales. We're given the opportunity to sell a great product (the targeted campaign) that pretty much sells itself; not to say that this an easy job (it's sales, so it's a high pressure environment, but that's the nature of the beast), but this job blows pretty much any other sales or media job out of the water. There's no commission cap and you get giant bonuses for hitting even average numbers for the month. If you can demonstrate a willingness to learn and to work hard, this company will return the commitment to you.

Cons

It's a high-pressure sales environment, but such is the truth for any sales job out there, so be prepared to deal with high-stakes days, especially toward the end of the month. Occasionally, like once every few weeks, we might be asked to stay late, but it's only for an extra hour or so.

For the most part, management is great. Sometimes they get a little shortsighted and too hungry for money on slow days, but again, I'd be shocked to find any sales environment where that doesn't happen. The key to getting management at this company to like you is this: demonstrate a willingness to learn, listen, and work hard. If you can do those three things, you're golden. Plus you'll probably make a lot of money, as I have by doing these things.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Sales Representative and Team Lead in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative and Team Lead in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love Multiview. They are generous in their compensation not only salary wise but with all the extras we get every day. The atmosphere is so much fun and the management recognizes your successes and hard work. I've been in sales for almost six years now, and I've never had any other sales job like it. It's truly awesome.

Cons

It can be a grind from day to day, but if you can have short term memory from day to day and reset you'll be just fine. You'll work more than 40 hours a week if you really want to move up and become really successful.

n/a

Good Money if you don't mind scams and lies....terrible people to work for!

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Multiview pays great. They have to. This is the ONLY thing they do well. The managers are rude and don't care about anyone. They throw huge parties to make it look like they actually care about their employees. This is usually just a big drunk fest with 22-25 year olds.

Cons

Every manager there got there by being a scam artists, lying, taking renewals of people that left the company. They don't train anyone for anything except when you 1st come in the door at entry level. The HR department is a joke. They all know what goes on and they can't do anything. They fire people for things they didn't do and don't discipline the people they should. After leaving I realized what a bad name Multiview had within the advertising community. When you see "good" reviews on here. It's because they see their rating going down and ask/"make" some of their employees write a 5 star "good" review. I was asked to do it when I was there. I know for a fact this happens. They roll out new products. Basically these are just a scam version of what they already sell. If they need money, they just open up renewals or more cycles in the newsletters. They never think about the impact of upsetting clients. Speaking of clients, they REALLY don't care about them. They have a "screw them....call them now" attitude. They don't have companies ads up half the time. Basically, over promise and under deliver is the name of the game. Nepotism all the way, as well. If you are long time friends or family, you're in. You'll get management jobs and free renewal business left and right. They have so much money in collections now that they struggle with cash flow. The entire company is a scam. I'm so glad I got out when I did!

I honestly think it's gone too far. It's best if you all just get out/sell the company. There is no way to save the reputation of Multiview. It's known in the industry as a big joke!

Over-promised and under-delivered, think twice before working here.

Current Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress was nice, somewhat stocked break room, and hit music playing all day. A couple rad people worked here in the Utah office. Jordan and Melissa are awesome. It was fun to learn a little about many different industries as projects would change. The office was young and hitting new office sales records would bring free lunch the next day. It's also really close to the new outlets at Traverse MT.

Cons

Dis-honest sales practices. This is a dog-eat-dog sales environment. Management does little to stop the Dallas reps from snagging your hot leads. Over my time here, I watched as all the top earners left because management did nothing to keep them there. Commission on high dollar products went from 10% down to 7% and that is just the beginning. All they want to do if fill seats and then they wonder why the turnover is so high.

Leave before MV gets you for life. You don't want to say you still work for MV when you hit 40.

MultiView Response

Oct 20, 2014Vice President, Human Resources

The world of sales is one of the most competitive areas of business and to be successful it requires companies, and their sales folks, to be ruthlessly competitive. That is not a trait that we, or ... More