MultiView Reviews

Updated September 13, 2014
3.3

MultiView CEO & Chairman Scott Bedford
Scott Bedford

Pros
  • There's no dress code, you can wear whatever you want (in 11 reviews)

• Fun atmosphere, no dress code, friendly people, clear expectations of employees (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There can also be pressure to make sure that sales goals are hit (in 5 reviews)

• They don't care about your long hours or sacrifice (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales

I worked at MultiView for more than 3 years

Pros

Good overall- good benefits/time off

Cons

Post college culture. Often it is the employee first job out of college

Programmatic Advertising

I worked at MultiView

Pros

Good opportunity to earn

Cons

Would be nice if they communicated better. I did not know what my quota was for basic product until the month they put me on plan.

Let me sell Programmatic advertising. I had a passion for it

High demand, mediocre reward

Former Employee - Inside Sales  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great youthful atmosphere. Company sponsored outings are fairly regular, incentives are daily.

Cons

High demand and little to no "wiggle room" if demands are not met. Good luck talking with any supervisor about changing positions within the company. They see that as a sign of you not wanting to work there.

Everyone is different and works/learns differently. Invest in your employees by getting to know them and identify their unique strengths and weaknesses. Help them address those weaknesses and make them a better person for it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hell on Earth

Former Employee - Business Media Sales  in  Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT

I worked at MultiView full-time for less than a year

Pros

Expand your network as you look for a better job with other employees. Get good at making a ton of calls to companies that are being hit up by 10 other people at the same time.

Cons

Worst company that I have ever worked for. Horrible service. Greedy management. Micromanage like a hawk. No room for growth. Very unprofessional culture. Employees are treated horribly. Expect you to work a lot of overtime with no overtime pay. I have been very successful in sales, but I could not bring myself to offer such a horrible product that most clients get nothing out of.

Take some time away from counting your money and maybe genuinely care about your employees. Little stupid spiffs and perks do not give you the right to treat people like slaves.

Managerial Circus

Former Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place to network given that the turnover rate is huge. Fun, young, and vibrant culture. Ping pong tables and bean bags.

A good place to work for 6 months to a year if you need a job and experience. Decent compensation.

Cons

Probably one of the only call centers that blasts rap music in the background while sales representatives are talking to clients. It's hard to work around megaphones, clappers, constant screaming. Worn out databases. Consistent micromanagement. When they hire you they will tell you your hours are 7:30am to 4:30pm but most days are until 5pm (unpaid overtime). Constant restructuring. Non-existent job security and a culture of fear. I was hired over a summer with 100 people and one year later there were about 6-7 sales reps left from that group.

Employees treated poorly.
    Minimal upward mobility.

Foster a culture of cohesiveness- communication between managers and employees.

MultiView Response

Jul 25, 2014Vice President, Human Resources

The culture that we have fostered at MultiView is unique and certainly not for those who like to sit in an office with no atmosphere and no camaraderie.
    Candidates who decide to accept our
    ... More

A uniquely positioned company with a clear lack of direction and planning

Current Employee - Digital Media Sales  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Digital Media Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent base pay, frequent incentive spiffs, good location, nice office space. Good experience for digital media/marketing.

Cons

The best compensated reps leave in droves, including management - terrible churn for both the high performers and the low performers. Significant micromanagement. Constant restructuring. Not a career.

Better planning, better communication. Conduct performance reviews at some point. Implement some form of compensation structure built around consistent performance and professional development.

Good experience - Get in and get out

I have been working at MultiView full-time for more than a year

Pros

For creative jobs, MultiView actually compensates pretty well. The work-life balance is great as well; Most jobs in design or editorial don't offer great benefits, so the holidays off and PTO are extremely rewarding.

Cons

The environment is so obnoxious. They keep the Inside Sales Reps running by blasting music nonstop and encouraging weird, loud activities to keep people alert. It's not conducive at all. They are also are rolling out lay-offs to sales and Newsbriefs departments.

Communicate better. We have no idea what's going on half of the time. "Great company culture" will not keep people around.

Good people Good atmosphere

Former Employee - Digital Media Sales Representative  in  Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Digital Media Sales Representative in Lehi, UT

I worked at MultiView full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to develop a network of professionals. If you do well the rewards are to be had

Cons

You could wake up in 6 years and have the same roles and responsibility very little room for growth. Same data bases are used for multiple projects. There are DMs that are contacted 10+ times daily. It is sales so it is do or die. NOT A CAREER this would be perfect for some one in a transitional time in their life

I was very satisfied with the your attitudes. Management as a whole are the best it is the nature of this job that left a bad taste in my mouth

Unique and Awesome place to work!

Former Employee - Online Project Manager/Frontline Sales  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Online Project Manager/Frontline Sales in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Multiview is unique in how they create a great selling atmosphere. Music plays throughout each floor everyday, fully stocked kitchens, on-going training, and a family type atmosphere. Very casual dress code.

Cons

Very much a "pound the phones" environment, most days having to stay late. Leads are contacted more than they should be by every department at Multiview resulting in a bad taste in the customers mouths.

It is sales. Deal with it.

Current Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX

I have been working at MultiView full-time for less than a year

Pros

SALES DEPT:

Fun. Different. Good pay if you don't suck at sales.

MultiView is constantly evolving and changing, with it comes more chances to grow with the company.

When you consider the industry of sales, this is hands down the best place to work.

Cons

Honestly, not too much. Yea if you don't produce you get cut loose.
    But this is sales that is the M.O.

If you suck at the sales grind then you're going to have a bad time. If you are good then you'll love it. Just like any job.

Yea, I have renewed people with less than impressive campaign stats. But honestly those are people who buy the bare bones packages but expect HUGE results and frankly that is not advertising smarts. Our goal is to give them good campaigns have a good time with it. But if they just want to get the smallest package are we just supposed to not do business with them? A lot of the negative reviews here lack much common sense.

Like it all, could be a touch more serious.

Worked for MultiView? Contribute to the Community!