MultiView

MultiView Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

MultiView CEO & Chairman Scott Bedford

Scott Bedford

Pros
  • There's no dress code, you can wear whatever you want(in 11 reviews)

• Fun atmosphere, no dress code, friendly people, clear expectations of employees(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • There can also be pressure to make sure that sales goals are hit(in 5 reviews)

• They don't care about your long hours or sacrifice(in 4 reviews)

Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood overall- good benefits/time off

ConsPost college culture. Often it is the employee first job out of college

Advice to Senior Management.

Managerial Circus

Business Media Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsA great place to network given that the turnover rate is huge. Fun, young, and vibrant culture. Ping pong tables and bean bags.

A good place to work for 6 months to a year if you need a job and experience. Decent compensation.

ConsProbably one of the only call centers that blasts rap music in the background while sales representatives are talking to clients. It's hard to work around megaphones, clappers, constant screaming. Worn out databases. Consistent micromanagement. When they hire you they will tell you your hours are 7:30am to 4:30pm but most days are until 5pm (unpaid overtime). Constant restructuring. Non-existent job security and a culture of fear. I was hired over a summer with 100 people and one year later there were about 6-7 sales reps left from that group.

Employees treated poorly.
    Minimal upward mobility.

Advice to Senior ManagementFoster a culture of cohesiveness- communication between managers and employees.

A uniquely positioned company with a clear lack of direction and planning

Digital Media Sales (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsDecent base pay, frequent incentive spiffs, good location, nice office space. Good experience for digital media/marketing.

ConsThe best compensated reps leave in droves, including management - terrible churn for both the high performers and the low performers. Significant micromanagement. Constant restructuring. Not a career.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter planning, better communication. Conduct performance reviews at some point. Implement some form of compensation structure built around consistent performance and professional development.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience - Get in and get out

ProsFor creative jobs, MultiView actually compensates pretty well. The work-life balance is great as well; Most jobs in design or editorial don't offer great benefits, so the holidays off and PTO are extremely rewarding.

ConsThe environment is so obnoxious. They keep the Inside Sales Reps running by blasting music nonstop and encouraging weird, loud activities to keep people alert. It's not conducive at all. They are also are rolling out lay-offs to sales and Newsbriefs departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate better. We have no idea what's going on half of the time. "Great company culture" will not keep people around.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good people Good atmosphere

Digital Media Sales Representative (Former Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsOpportunity to develop a network of professionals. If you do well the rewards are to be had

ConsYou could wake up in 6 years and have the same roles and responsibility very little room for growth. Same data bases are used for multiple projects. There are DMs that are contacted 10+ times daily. It is sales so it is do or die. NOT A CAREER this would be perfect for some one in a transitional time in their life

Advice to Senior ManagementI was very satisfied with the your attitudes. Management as a whole are the best it is the nature of this job that left a bad taste in my mouth

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Unique and Awesome place to work!

Online Project Manager/Frontline Sales (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsMultiview is unique in how they create a great selling atmosphere. Music plays throughout each floor everyday, fully stocked kitchens, on-going training, and a family type atmosphere. Very casual dress code.

ConsVery much a "pound the phones" environment, most days having to stay late. Leads are contacted more than they should be by every department at Multiview resulting in a bad taste in the customers mouths.

It is sales. Deal with it.

Business Media Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsSALES DEPT:

Fun. Different. Good pay if you don't suck at sales.

MultiView is constantly evolving and changing, with it comes more chances to grow with the company.

When you consider the industry of sales, this is hands down the best place to work.

ConsHonestly, not too much. Yea if you don't produce you get cut loose.
    But this is sales that is the M.O.

If you suck at the sales grind then you're going to have a bad time. If you are good then you'll love it. Just like any job.

Yea, I have renewed people with less than impressive campaign stats. But honestly those are people who buy the bare bones packages but expect HUGE results and frankly that is not advertising smarts. Our goal is to give them good campaigns have a good time with it. But if they just want to get the smallest package are we just supposed to not do business with them? A lot of the negative reviews here lack much common sense.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike it all, could be a touch more serious.

Amazing Organization

General Manager (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsMultiview is a very rewarding, fast paced, and overall exciting organization to work for. The company invests a lot of time and money in developing its employees and promotes from within. Effort is recognized and greatly rewarded.

I wouldn't have moved my family to a state we had never been to if I didn't love working for this amazing company.

ConsThere's a heavy emphasis placed on call volume and if you are not used to that then you will probably not thrive.

It's sales so you will be told no a great deal.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to educate and empower the employees. Continue to adapt to changes in the industry and implement them in an efficient and effective manner.

Tied to a headset, no freedom

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood place to work. Money can be very good. Targeted Campaigns Rock.

ConsTraining is basic and two things are emphasize , minutes and urgency. Too many projects launched and using same database. Dataases are worn out. People are annoyed with constant urgency phone calls.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey don't listen, no sense talking about it

Rough

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay isn't terrible. Training Classes are beneficial and paid. Great place to meet good people.

Consfocused solely on the $ and not the quality of its products. tough to sell a product that doesn't work.
    Not much structure and many mixed messages.

Worked for MultiView? Contribute to the Community!