MultiView

Updated December 3, 2014
3.4

MultiView CEO & Chairman Scott Bedford
Scott Bedford

Pros
  • There's no dress code, you can wear whatever you want (in 12 reviews)

• This is a company that is not shy about rewarding employees for their hard work (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Loud music during your sales calls (in 6 reviews)

• There can also be pressure to make sure that sales goals are hit (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Paying Enterprise Sales Opportunity in Utah!

Current Employee - Programmatic Sales Executive in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Programmatic Sales Executive in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-All leads provided!
    -Great work/life balance!
    -No cap on commissions!
    -Renewals are fully paid!
    -You get to sell the top product in the digital advertising industry!
    -Awesome culture with great people!

Cons

-The playlist for the music needs an infusion of better songs
    -The finger foods at the Halloween party need to be upgraded
    -It can be a grind like any B2B sales job
    -We need more company parties and team-building exercises
    -7am is early for a start time

Continue the one-on-one coaching and development. Even though our office is fun and vibrant, I'd like to see more activities that blend the variety of office personalities together. Keep up the great work!

Best Inside Sales Job

Current Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Salary. Great Leads. Great Commission. Great Bonuses. Great Extras. Great Environment. Terrific People. Growth Potential. Effort is Rewarded. Great Trainers. Great Benefits and Very Understanding from an HR perspective.
    If you are any kind of Winner, you will LOVE this place.

Cons

One shift that starts at 7am. The Company Basketball team could use some coaching.

Keep up the good work!

1 1/2 years at Multiview and LOVE IT!

Current Employee - Behavioral Targeting Specialist in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Behavioral Targeting Specialist in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can earn a lot of money at Multiview! You get a decent salary, plus commissions...and every time the client renews, you get the same commissions! Sell them 5 years in a row = 5 x the commissions. So, just sell like crazy and build up 40 or 80 or 200 clients, then just take care of their renewals and make a ton of money. The large majority DO renew; there's always a few who don't. Management is fun, forgiving, helpful and willing to do anything they can to help -- right down to close sales if you need them to. Casual, fun, and an amazing product. I have clients who rave about the Targeted Campaigns with us and double and triple their orders before their first contract is even fulfilled! Imagine an email that pops up..."Every sale made in the next 4 hours gets their name in a bucket. If your name is drawn, you go to CABO SAN LUCAS for 3 days on us!" Awesome. Or they give you hundreds of extra dollars nearly every day for sales made; or plane tickets, sports tickets, and on and on and on! Work hard, work smart and you'll love it. Sit around and whine and slough off and fake it....and you're outta there! I have found a HOME.

Cons

Sales is always a challenge..that's why sales is one of the highest paid occupations in the world. Yeah you have to learn and improve your skills. If you don't, you're going to have a tough time anywhere. You need to push yourself to make the dials which create the appointments which create the sales. If you are lazy and make excuses and aren't creative, you're not going to make it. You need a strong, positive attitude, so if you are a whiner and think everybody's out to 'get' you, you're gone. Multiview isn't a school for beginners, although they certainly have an excellent training program. If you know how to sell, you'll do very well very quickly. Having a solid product that's priced right and is fulfilled with class and caring by the company, gives you a great vehicle to make a great living.

Keep doing what you're doing....pouring out surprise large bonuses, trips and 'stuff'. Spread successful techniques, phrases, ideas, facts, etc., so all have access to them.

Great People, Great Opportunities

Current Employee - Programmatic Advertising in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Programmatic Advertising in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

MultiView is the world leader in business-to-business media. I've worked there for almost a year and the opportunities are awesome. The office is run competently by people who really do care about you and will go well out of their way to help you learn more about sales. We're given the opportunity to sell a great product (the targeted campaign) that pretty much sells itself; not to say that this an easy job (it's sales, so it's a high pressure environment, but that's the nature of the beast), but this job blows pretty much any other sales or media job out of the water. There's no commission cap and you get giant bonuses for hitting even average numbers for the month. If you can demonstrate a willingness to learn and to work hard, this company will return the commitment to you.

Cons

It's a high-pressure sales environment, but such is the truth for any sales job out there, so be prepared to deal with high-stakes days, especially toward the end of the month. Occasionally, like once every few weeks, we might be asked to stay late, but it's only for an extra hour or so.

For the most part, management is great. Sometimes they get a little shortsighted and too hungry for money on slow days, but again, I'd be shocked to find any sales environment where that doesn't happen. The key to getting management at this company to like you is this: demonstrate a willingness to learn, listen, and work hard. If you can do those three things, you're golden. Plus you'll probably make a lot of money, as I have by doing these things.

Better than expected!

Current Employee - Team Lead Manager
    Current Employee - Team Lead Manager

I have been working at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Compensation at MultiView is more than generous and you will make what you put into the job, which is not the case for most sales companies. I have been with the company less than 2 years and through my hard work, MultiView's training, and support I have risen through the ranks quickly and now have the opportunity to manage my own sales employees. I have experienced only fairness and real concern for not only my work success but also my own personal well being outside of work. Honestly, at first I didn't know what to expect out of the company but now I am seriously making this a real career option.

Cons

Work here is sometimes stressful, but what high paying jobs aren't? Also the constant change is hard at times.

I love my job!

Current Employee - Sales Representative and Team Lead in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Representative and Team Lead in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love Multiview. They are generous in their compensation not only salary wise but with all the extras we get every day. The atmosphere is so much fun and the management recognizes your successes and hard work. I've been in sales for almost six years now, and I've never had any other sales job like it. It's truly awesome.

Cons

It can be a grind from day to day, but if you can have short term memory from day to day and reset you'll be just fine. You'll work more than 40 hours a week if you really want to move up and become really successful.

n/a

Good Money if you don't mind scams and lies....terrible people to work for!

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Multiview pays great. They have to. This is the ONLY thing they do well. The managers are rude and don't care about anyone. They throw huge parties to make it look like they actually care about their employees. This is usually just a big drunk fest with 22-25 year olds.

Cons

Every manager there got there by being a scam artists, lying, taking renewals of people that left the company. They don't train anyone for anything except when you 1st come in the door at entry level. The HR department is a joke. They all know what goes on and they can't do anything. They fire people for things they didn't do and don't discipline the people they should. After leaving I realized what a bad name Multiview had within the advertising community. When you see "good" reviews on here. It's because they see their rating going down and ask/"make" some of their employees write a 5 star "good" review. I was asked to do it when I was there. I know for a fact this happens. They roll out new products. Basically these are just a scam version of what they already sell. If they need money, they just open up renewals or more cycles in the newsletters. They never think about the impact of upsetting clients. Speaking of clients, they REALLY don't care about them. They have a "screw them....call them now" attitude. They don't have companies ads up half the time. Basically, over promise and under deliver is the name of the game. Nepotism all the way, as well. If you are long time friends or family, you're in. You'll get management jobs and free renewal business left and right. They have so much money in collections now that they struggle with cash flow. The entire company is a scam. I'm so glad I got out when I did!

I honestly think it's gone too far. It's best if you all just get out/sell the company. There is no way to save the reputation of Multiview. It's known in the industry as a big joke!

Great company to grow career

Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Specialty Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at MultiView full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nothing gets you pumped other than a DJ playing Rhianna first thing in the morning and it does not hurt either when your floor manager decides to buy everyone Starbucks or Taco Bueno for breakfast... Because everyone knows coffee is for closers Other than the food to get you motivated everyone that you work with has an awesome personality, some of the best coworkers I've ever had. The work day can go pretty fast when you are having fun and making lots of money but remember someone is always out to take your seat, do not get too comfortable.

Cons

Stick it out. Smile and Dial...Don't be afraid of the phone and ask for the sale!!!

Over-promised and under-delivered, think twice before working here.

Current Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Business Media Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at MultiView full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Casual dress was nice, somewhat stocked break room, and hit music playing all day. A couple rad people worked here in the Utah office. Jordan and Melissa are awesome. It was fun to learn a little about many different industries as projects would change. The office was young and hitting new office sales records would bring free lunch the next day. It's also really close to the new outlets at Traverse MT.

Cons

Dis-honest sales practices. This is a dog-eat-dog sales environment. Management does little to stop the Dallas reps from snagging your hot leads. Over my time here, I watched as all the top earners left because management did nothing to keep them there. Commission on high dollar products went from 10% down to 7% and that is just the beginning. All they want to do if fill seats and then they wonder why the turnover is so high.

Leave before MV gets you for life. You don't want to say you still work for MV when you hit 40.

MultiView Response

Oct 20, 2014Vice President, Human Resources

The world of sales is one of the most competitive areas of business and to be successful it requires companies, and their sales folks, to be ruthlessly competitive. That is not a trait that we, or ... More

Fun company, Tough work

Current Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Business Media Sales Specialist in Irving, TX

I have been working at MultiView full-time

Pros

Great and fun company to work for. Great people, good commission rate.

Cons

Loud music during your sales calls. You're pounding the phones all day. Leads contacted multiple times a day by different sales reps.

Good job keeping employees happy, find a way to better allocate leads so they aren't always mad at the company.