Multicultural Marketing Resources

Add Photos

Lisa Skirloff

MMR is a Chop Shop

Public Relations Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe clients are great, and my former co-workers became some of my closest friends. The president has a great eye for talented PR and marketing professionals, all of whom depart shortly after they realize what a sham this company really is. The office is in a great location for socializing after work.

ConsThe president does not value employees who actually want to work, have great ideas, and want to service the clients. She is more interested in positioning herself as a "multicultural marketing expert" and peddling crappy, outdated products. Her practices are unethical, and she encourages staff to do the least possible work for clients until the clients realize something is afoot and they're being swindled. Her inability to run a company isn't like anything I've ever seen. I am amazed that MMR is still in business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the people you hire to do their jobs. Get some integrity, and stop cheating clients.

I should have heeded the first review and stayed Far Far away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers who help to keep your saneness

ConsThis job will make you feel like you're reaching the brink of insanity
    The micro management is belittling, and an insult to your intelligence and work as a professional
    The CEO will engage in unethical tactics in separating and attempting to embarrass employees in front of other employees
    You will constantly have to defend every single thing that you do and never be able to move ahead
    You'll be doing executive level work and only receive recognition as an assistant including little pay
    Believe me when I tell you this, you DO NOT want to work for the CEO of this small company

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should not be in a position of managing people.

Assistant

Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice view from office
    Co-workers got me through the day

ConsMicro-Manager

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stay Away If You Want to Stay Sane

Public Relations Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsMMR mostly represented businesses that are either owned by people of color or targeted multicultural customers. The clients are wonderful--lovely to work with. No crazy egos or primadonnas, just down-to-earth, hardworking folk.

ConsLisa Skriloff is a terrible manager. With the office and number of staff is so small, her lack of people management skills became extremely pronounced and was downright unbearable. The constant turnover is testiment to how badly treated her staff is.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with trust and respect and they'll treat you the same way. Stop looking at them as if they're out to steal from you or as if they're children that need to be disciplined.

Worked for Multicultural Marketing Resources? Contribute to the Community!