Multimedia Games Reviews

Reset
3.7
Multimedia Games CEO Patrick J. Ramsey
Patrick J. Ramsey

1. A company doesn't care about their employee.

Pros

Not too many pros compared to other companies from I heard. I don't like the company personally

Cons

Very shitty pay for current employer even the company is running good. The workload is super heavy in term of the compensation.

2. You can work in a good silo, or in a very bad silo. Either way it's a silo...

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time

Pros

Strong company with a decent client base will likely be around for a while.

Cons

1) Location location location. The location is horrible. 1a) Depending on what department you work for: inflexible work hours. Mandatory core hours force employees to drive on 360 during peak hours resulting in insane commute times. 2) Depending on what department you work for: management can be awful. Departments run on fear. Backstabbing. Active undermining. Seriously hostile work environment type stuff. 3) Depending on what department you work for: absolutely NO career path. In fact, when members of the team wanted to pursue alternate career paths, they were actively prohibited from doing so.

Advice to Management

Take a long hard look at your middle management structure and decide if it is really worth continuing to pay those people to chase away top talent. If you are looking for stable employment and a paycheck, this is a solid place to work. If you want a career, look elsewhere.

3. Great market growth opporunities but lack of clear strategic vision and accountibility

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Talented, fun, fearless people Huge potential for market growth Unique, interesting industry

Cons

Lack of accountibility Poor strategic vision Poor communication from management to employees Lack of career advancement High stress mode of operation

Advice to Management

Believe in the company's potential and put more effort in trying to grow the company versus trying to unload the problems. Strong and clear strategic vision and leadership are greatly needed.

5. OK place to work, but needs growth.

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Austin, TX

Pros

Lots to work on and it's pretty dynamic. Chances to work on a variety of technologies / platforms, so it never gets boring. Work / life balance is pretty good. Rewards are given more for success than for simply working hard.

Cons

No real chance for career growth - company is stagnant and offers few opportunities to climb the corporate ladder. Not a place to come if you're a beginner - there is no training and most developers are too busy to show newbies the ropes. Not very much cooperation among teams or even within teams - everyone is out to prove that they are the indispensable team / developer, even if it means putting down good ideas simply because they did not think of them first (how else could we have 3 different developments for the SAME product).

Advice to Management

Foster a more cooperative environment among people and teams. Growth growth growth (I know, easier said than done).

6. I do what I love...that's all that matters...

Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good work environment, laid back, opportunities.

Cons

underpaid, undervalued, management plays favorites

Advice to Management

give other's a chance to shine

Good experience

Pros

People at this company are really fun to work with

Cons

Not a lot of growth as far as moving up

Not bad

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, good family environment

Cons

lack of direction from senior management

Advice to Management

Focus on building a software company with the standards of today.

Good Company Turning Bad.

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time

Pros

decent pay and the staff is not too big. flexible with time off.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations and overload of work since the company got acquired. lots of egos among the staff and very tense environment. it's like an episode of survivor every week.

Advice to Management

Don't sell out.

Hopeful but going downhill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MGAM used to be a great company and I have hopes that it will be again. Flexible work schedule good benefits, fun events and nice coworkers all make working here fun and rewarding.

Cons

Since our GCA acquisition, things have gone downhill. Fun events and employee YEI rewards systems have been cut, workloads have doubled and all of us have a sense that we're being used until they can feasibly get rid of us (despite many announcements to the contrary). Our executive team is more interested in a rushed pace to accommodate an arbitrary integration deadline than to take the time to get things right. This pace does not allow us to properly implement processes and complete testing which will leave us with system fallout issues for years to come. Work smarter is not a concept that is being demonstrated here recently.

Advice to Management

Stop killing the culture of the company you just paid big dollars to acquire. Communication is key and that doesn't mean standing in front of us for 15 minutes on an occasional visit while spouting announcements contrary to your actions. Allow both sides of our new team to demonstrate their skill rather than have them scurry through your unnecessarily quick deadlines for integration. All you are doing is making a bigger mess to clean up later most likely with your truly skilled staff already gone.

11. Moving in the right direction

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at Multimedia Games full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good management team. Seem to have a good game plan.

Cons

Bought out by GCA. Alot of uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Communicate with all depts.

RSS Feed </> Embed