Munich American

Munich American Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael DeKoning

I loved the collaborative and helpful environment.

Actuarial Intern (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Pros-Highly collaborative culture
    -Coworkers very helpful in training. I felt that I could ask anyone at any level, except the C-suite executives, for help when I needed it.
    -Everyone seemed to have a good grasp of their work
    -Push employee development and advancement

Cons-Environment did not seem to push Actuarial Exam progress
    -Seemed more concerned with short-term goals than long-term goals, but are transitioning to be more long-term focused.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working towards prioritizing long-term goals.

Good employer with friendly environment

IT Consultant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExcellent work/life balance for most jobs. Very friendly, considerate employees. Senior management generally listens well and makes a solid effort. Some senior executives (often with low-key titles such as Director) are exceptionally caring and considerate. Employees who go above and beyond receive open recognition. Good benefits.

ConsOffice politics can sometimes be thick with spefici individual managers. Some department heads (specifically those with over-glorified VP and AVP titles) tend to be overly full of themselves and occasionally confrontational. Some departments have a revolving door. Pay could be better

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management (EVP and CEO) are excellent, caring, considerate people. They can be hard when they need to be, but will listen. They do need to push some of the otherwise capable department heads to be more human with their employees.

It's a great company!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsEveryone is very nice here; hard work does not go unnoticed, and we are praised for a job well done.

ConsTraffic in Atlanta during rush hour can be pretty bad. Large cities are not for everyone, but if you can get past that, this is a great company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement has done a good job at keeping employees on task, and making us feel like what we do is important.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good, but not great

Actuarial (Current Employee)

Proslearned a lot, great learning opportunity here. learned a lot with sql, and ms computer skills which is essential really

Consthe internship would be extened to a full time position at this brand. which is a pity since i worked hard here

Advice to Senior Managementthe internship would be extened to a full time position at this brand. which is a pity since i worked hard here

Worked for Munich American? Contribute to the Community!