Municipal Code Corporation

Municipal Code Corporation Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

A Lawton Langford

It's more than just a paycheck

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsI feel management is genuinely interested in their people, and work hard to build a family environment where all feel welcome. This was the first job I had with my own private office, which is actually a big deal for me. Management is hands off for the most part, which allows you the freedom to do your job with limited supervision. This does require someone who is self motivated, so this won't be for everyone. It is amazing to see many people stay at MCC for 30 and 40 years, which does say something positive about the company in general.

ConsI've worked at other companies, doing similar work, and made a much higher salary. MCC seems to have a reputation of not taking care of their employees from a wage perspective, but that is offset by other factors I suppose. I'm not sure about advancement opportunities, but I don't get the sense that any advancement would be rewarded with pay commensurate with that experience and/or additional duties. I was also promised a raise after 90 days, and that never materialized. False promises knowing they had you in the door, and you weren't going anywhere I suppose.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter initial training of employees would probably be beneficial in the long run. All of the side benefits to working here can't offset not being able to pay the rent with the salary you offer. I shouldn't be forced to work a second job just to feed my family.

MCC is typical

Account Manager (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsMunicipal Code Corp. is an okay company to work for. They should seriously consider updating their pay scale.

ConsSome of the management needs training on how to better motivate employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to appreciate and motivate your employees in a more positive manner.

A mixed bag

Editor (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsFlexibility, good entry level work, good for people with few options for going elsewhere. Also good if you are part of "the family" or you have an idea that you want capitalized as a startup investment opportunity.

ConsA very paternalistic organization with wild disparity between management and workers. No real respect for those not "on the inside" or part of the sales team. There is very little credence given to those who actually perform the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust and respect all the employees. For the most part, they are well-meaning and want to see you succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

MCC is a happy place to work, but only if money doesn't affect your happiness.

Rep (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsThe people at MCC are extremely dedicated and the management has a really family feel. Company dinners and BBQs are frequent and departmental rapport is typically high. The people do tend to give off a redneck feel, but I never got any negative vibes from them.

ConsThere is no retierement plan. only a profit-sharing system. Elderly workers frequently stay with the company far into their seventies. Compensation is also very low wvwn for a city like Tallahassee. I made $9/hour coming in and I think that was much higher than most.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease your pay and continue valuing your employees' contributions.

Low Pay

Editor (Current Employee)

ProsFlex Time, entry level and benefits. It is a good first job, but training takes more than a year. They are understanding if you need to take time off.

ConsVery low pay with no chance of moving up. You do not get very big raises. Hard to make any money unless you are a male.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou demand too much for such lil pay.

Jobs, not careers.

ProsThey are the nicest people to work for and truly care about their employees. The atmosphere is very pleasant and flex time is allowed.

ConsThere is no room for advancement, so where you start is where you will end. Salaries are not high, but that can be a trade-off for the great work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider remodeling because the interior is drab, dated, and rundown. If you do remodel, hire a professional interior decorator. Other than that, keep doing what you are doing.

Worked for Municipal Code Corporation? Contribute to the Community!