Murphy Oil

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Murphy Oil President & CEO Roger W. Jenkins

Roger W. Jenkins

Pros
  • Good benefits, fun atmosphere, alot of great co workers (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay, decent lodging, 3 meals a day provided by cooks (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are not well liked or disagree with upper management you can kiss your job goodbye (in 8 reviews)

• Limited advancement, no work life balance, poor leadership (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Life Work Balance and Competitive Daily Rate!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsLife work balance
    Clear direction from management
    Quick peer review and VAR
    Good financial support from management for ad hoc projects
    Less meeting and workshops
    Good career opportunity for expats
    Excellent pay for expats (USD2000-3500 day)
    Strong Geology team
    Large expat contingent
    Office politics does not favor the locals-Expats are rarely blamed for anything.
    Kuala Lumpur ! Cheaper than singapore , less hectic than jakarta and bangkok

ConsCompany culture put an emphasis on getting close to management.

Great Job

Prosquick promotions, the people sometimes, and you can work by yourself

ConsNo Breaks, and on your feet the whole shift

Stable, fun, rewarding, great pay.

Cashier (Current Employee) Dothan, AL

ProsGreat pay, get to know everyone in the city, learn about tobacco, and help meet customer desires. It's easy enough to work your way higher in the company.

ConsIf you have an incompetent manager, it can cause some stress. There will always be ignorant customers. Getting everything done can require working off the clock.

Advice to Senior Management25 hours a week means I need a second job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interesting

Cashier (Current Employee) West Columbia, SC

ProsJob Opportunities
    Able to have Manager work with you when it is needed for Doctor Appointments

ConsMedical Insurance For Hourly Employees
    Raises for Hourly Employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to check on your Managers a little closer. Some of them get away with a lot of crap. Also when you put out Holiday Calendar we are told that Cashiers get Holiday Pay for Christmas and that is not true.

Good company to work for.

Cashier (Former Employee) Springfield, TN

ProsDecent pay, paid vacation after one year, easy job, not many co workers, good hours are there for the ones who want them

Conslong lines, lots of customers, small working space, people like to be sneaky and steal things, have to always be looking for drive offs

Very fun enviroment and alot of room to grow in the business.

Cashier (Current Employee) DeRidder, LA

ProsMurphy Oil has all sorts of offers for its employee's. The insurance is good. They have stock purchase plans and 401k plans also to help you if you decide to go back to school. The people they have choose to work for them are all very friendly.

ConsThere is realy only one thing i can think of and that would be dealing with an angry customer,other than that nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys do it all. just know people appreciate the things you do and your cashiers enjoy learning the things you've tought them.

working for murphy oil is both challenging and educational.

Prosyou become more self reliant and you learn the true business, must be willing to learn and retain new information.

Consit is a one person job and this can lead to stress with, things being left up to one person.

Advice to Senior Managementstart making all stations no matter the size a 2 person job site. this alone will improve your customer service.

Friendly supervisor/mentor, rewarding, learn a lot

Geologist (Former Employee) Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

ProsCommunicate positively and openly, flexible working time, work like a team and also as an individual, information is shared, Just do your job and you will be complement

ConsOffice politic is still around

It pays the bills, But money isn't everything

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montgomery, AL

ProsThe pay was great, I got a chance to meet some great people, I loved my customers

ConsJob was stressful, I felt that upper level management did not care for the well being of their employees,

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful how you do people

Satisfying

ProsThe company has a lot of room to grow so better opportunities for hardworking individuals.

ConsSale competition sometimes too competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore experienced upper management who are good in problem solving techniques.

Worked for Murphy Oil? Contribute to the Community!