Murphy and Associates

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Erik Murphy

Challenging assignments, very professional workplace

ProsThey truly do all they can to find you a position, they work with the best companies. It's an amazing team helping you and working with you. I've been working with them for a few years now and have had such a great experience

ConsSometimes it's hard to find the right assignment at the right time and rate; this can be said of any consulting firm though

Make me feel respected and valued.

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsTransparent. Supportive. Excellent compensation. They value you as a part of the team and share a higher percentage of the bill rate as a result. They have been very helpful finding new roles when contracts came to a close, and are also open to you bringing your own.

ConsYou're not an FTE, so you need to be prepared to take responsibility for yourself and your career. Also, no benefits package, but the higher share of the bill rate makes up for that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Great company, very transparent, fair share

BI Consultant (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsMurphy and Associates takes 15% of your billed rate. And I a consultant I know exactly how much is the billed rate my company is charging to the client. Not only that, but Murphy and Associates does not require that you sing for a non-compete agreement. They are very simple, straight forward, transparent and have great management.

ConsIf your gig is over, they do not do that much to help you out to find a new gig. You are on your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great to have a schema that allows Murphy And Associates employees to leverage their connections with clients to increase the opportunities for new jobs.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good support and excellent percentage of bill rate passed to consultants.

Senior Solution Manager (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsGood support and excellent percentage of bill rate passed to consultants.

ConsA better place to be for consultants and those with a lot of experience. Those with less experience may not be able to be placed very easily.

Consultants Looking to Maximize their Take Home Look here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompletely transparency regarding the amount they charge and the amount you receive
    Excellent HR IT tools to allow you to complete the application process
    Excellent HR staff working to bring in opportunities
    401K options to stash your cash

ConsThere is no group plan for medical, dental and vision coverage you can participate in. You have to buy your own.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide an option for a group medical, dental and vision plan

Best company for onsite consulting

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIn an area filled with consulting companies placing people in Microsoft v- positions, Murphy & Associates stands out -- because they're first and foremost about the consultant. Unlike other consulting companies, they're open about what the client is being charged -- and take only 15% of that -- which is more than worth not having to deal with insurance, billing and the hassles of collecting from the client company. You submit timesheets and if you have them in by the morning of Tuesday of pay week (every other week), you get paid that Thursday -- no waiting for the client to be billed!

ConsIf you're someone that needs a lot of hands on day to day management, Murphy isn't going to work for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

Contracting firm that treats you like a professional

Product Manager (Former Employee)

ProsKnowledgable recruiters
    Transparent bill rates
    Solid, strong reputation
    The folks at M&A are very quick to respond and on the lookout for mapping your skills to the right role. They have a long history with IT placement and high quality candidates. Their compensation model is an open book, maximizing the payout to their employes.

ConsNo group health benefits offered

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider offering contractors benefit options

Best IT Consulting Firm in the Puget Sound!

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Redmond, WA

ProsThis is a family-run company with a real interest in providing the best wages to consultants and contractors who provide IT services to Microsoft, Boeing, Amazon and many more. They don't hide bill rates and will show you the bottom line for them and for you. It's always a win-win and you can count on the staff to make sure you get placed in a great gig where you fit well and to work on your behalf to get more opportunities than you may have thought were available. Great, great ompany to work with!

ConsNo healthcare or 401k matches, but you make so much more cash tat you can buy the healthcare you want on the open market -- often at a better overall deal than you might be offered by any staffing firm and some full-time employers. The healthcare issue will become moot after 2014 kick-in of the Affordable Care Act's healthcare provider markets. So, you really will only lose out on about 3k worth of 401k match which is more than made up for by your higher salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing -- great stuff! :)

Senior Software Developer

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee)
    Bellevue, WA

ProsFull disclosure firm (discloses client bill rate)
    Treats contractors as associates. Looks out for them.
    VERY Generous compension.

ConsCould provide health insurance plan

Never had problems

Compared to Other Staffing Agencies, the Company IS Good to Work for (Current Employee)

ProsThey offer fair pay rate

ConsNo growth potential working as contractor

Worked for Murphy and Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Murphy and Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Murphy and Associates CEO Erik Murphy. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Murphy and Associates employees.