Musicians Institute

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great school, chaotic management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMusicians Institute is the ideal college for study of contemporary music. Their specialized training in the heart of the entertainment industry has helped many graduates succeed. The programs are extensive and career-oriented. Great teaching staff and visiting faculty.

ConsManagement is ever-changing and goals set for Admissions department are unrealistic. Top management constantly "rocking the boat". New management came in 2012 that drastically downsized staff; many of which were dedicated, hard-working people who had worked for the school for many years. This resulted in a downward spiral in terms of number of students and overall employee morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice personally since I am not currently employed there.

Shibuya-san needs a reality check

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTeachers are wonderful, majority of the people in the administration are (were) excellent, but the senior management is ultimately broken.

ConsThis company has no organized leadership or direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell to Full Sail.

Musicians Institute

Hollywood, CA

ProsI loved being around music all day, as well as being around the students since they, too share my love of music. It's an "electric" feel, being around such creativity and talent.

ConsUpper management does not care one bit about the students. They only care about making money, and often lie and put students through traumatic admissions processes to get them enrolled.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to be more up front with prospective students and tell them right off the bat that if they do not have a LOT of money, or are unable or unwilling to be indebted for the rest of their lives, they cannot afford to attend this school.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Doesn't respect or appreciate employees

Manager (Current Employee)
    Hollywood, CA

ProsExcellent programs, great faculty, and great students.

ConsNo raises, no bonus, workload triples yearly, management is not encouraging of employee accomplishments.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep and reward employees with skill and knowledge.

Was a great place to work....suffered a period of darkness....and is great again....for now.

Hollywood, CA

ProsGreat Co-workers, competitive pay, good benefits and not a stressful environment. Management is currently (as of 2013) great again (see below). I would recommend this company to other people for employment. It is a fun and very exciting place to work.

ConsDuring Nov 2012-September 2013 there was an upper management change. The company brought in someone to run the entire college. Unfortunately, he had zero prior educational experience but for some unknown reason was put in charge of an entire college. Naturally, disaster ensued, enrollment plummeted, and dozens of people had to be laid off. All mainly due to his impulsive and incompetent nature. Simply put, he thought he knew better than everyone else around him and held grudges to anyone challenging him. In short, it was a hostile work environment.

Sadly, he then was FIRED himself for a major HR violation (this was inevitable and merely a matter of time). It is unfortunate though so many had to lose their jobs during his reign of incompetence. On a positive note, many of the people he laid off were then re-hired (as they should have been) correcting some of the mistakes he made.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't bring in unqualified people to run an entire college. You lose great teachers, staff, and students alike.

Admissions as a musician

Admissions (Former Employee)
    Hollywood, CA

ProsGreat environment for musicians if you can balance the work life with personal life

ConsUpper management not always supportive

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to employee feedback more often

fine

Music Teacher (Current Employee)
    Mumbai (India)

Prosto teach music to children and make them ready to be compitative in the future fast moving world and be a bright star.

Consits good to be in a music institute because we get to know more teachers get oppurtunities go mix with others who are in d field of music.

Advice to Senior Managementwe as teachers should be ready to b flexible as and when required and to teach a chid we should think like a child.

Worked for Musicians Institute? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Musicians Institute reviews and ratings. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Musicians Institute employees.