Mutual of Omaha
www.mutualofomaha.com Omaha, NE 5000+ Employees

Mutual of Omaha Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014
Mutual of Omaha – Omaha – “Mutual of Omaha”

Mutual of Omaha Chairman of the Board & CEO Dan Neary

Dan Neary

Pros:
  • "Work/Life balance was pretty amazing"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Great place to work for Management very understanding and encourages growth"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "As a representative you are a contract employee so no benefits"
    in 5 reviews
  • "20 years behind the times in employee benefit package, which is skimpy relative to other insurers"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

I loved working here

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
    New London, CT

ProsIt is a house whole name and I had a mission of helping families with life insurance.

ConsIt commission based and you need a second job to pay to market yourself and pay for leads. This is essential in growing a business and your brand. It takes money to make money in Life Insurance.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn addition to Term Life Insurance you should provide riders to cover all types of illness that anyone may face in life. This will allow more people to cover their premiums. Using Index Universal Life for retirement over annuities reduces risk in the market place.

Outstanding customer care and work ethic

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
    Bloomington, MN

ProsIn my experience, this company is full of ethical, caring, hardworking people both at the experienced field level and at the corporate office. The demeanor at all times was thoroughly professional at the office I worked at in Bloomington MN. I believe that Mutual of Omaha has an unsurpassed reputation for integrity, and I am happy to have worked for them.

ConsSometimes everyone is too busy to offer necessary advice to struggling colleagues, but that is hardly unexpected in such a demanding profession.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to make available a greater menu of products than in the past, as you have been doing.

Enjoyed my time at Mutual

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people and good culture

ConsNothing that comes to mind

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very confusing , and learned a large majority through personal experiences and outside training.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Quincy, MA

ProsFlexibility, Mobility, and considered a small business owner.

ConsCustomers reaching out to you all time of the day, no set schedule and poor aspects of managing contractors. No real chance to make a move to upper management. Independent cut throat office.

Advice to Senior ManagementEducate your District Sales Managers on all products and necessary information for new Representatives.

Great opportunity if you know tons of rich people or have 3 years to build a network of clients.

Insurance Based Financial Advisor (Former Employee)
    Marlton, NJ

ProsManagement was great, they all want to see everyone do well. Same goes for the employees, everyone works together to help bring everyone's chances of doing well up.

ConsNo salary. I would like to see a small salary for the newbies. They have a bonus program, but it is only good if you are already doing well.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does a great job, they are always willing to help and genuinely want to see their agents do well.

Master the financial analytical overview of clients retentions.

Insurance Representative (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsIncrease client based, retained and developed excellent clients relationship. Well versed in the products and commodities of the company as a whole.

ConsWhich I was given the opportunity to serve clients in different states.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a strong retention of employees and a people friendly enviroment

Mutual of Omaha is an excellent Company to work with

District Sales Manager (Current Employee)
    Glen Allen, VA

ProsMutual of Omaha has many positions, and has always been fair to their employees. An excellent company for a solid employee.

ConsMutual of Omaha is not a Company for people that want to whine about what is wrong. We have been a fortune 500 Company by doing the right things the right way.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Its Ok.

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsGood people. Good working place.

ConsNo growth oppurtunities after certain level.Lower salries.

Large work environment with excellent brand recognition, work/life balance, and culture

Information Technology Intern (Former Employee)
    Omaha, NE

ProsMany are associates are older, creating opportunities for advancement into senior roles in the next 5-10 years.
    Omaha is great, but Midtown Crossing - where Mutual of Omaha is located - is even better.

ConsCompensation and benefits leave a little more to be desired.
    Slow adaptation of advancements in technology.

For Entrepreneurs

Insurance Agent (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsUnlimited Earning Potential, Be your own boss, choose your own hours and kid friendly.

ConsProducts not as competitive as other companies, you can end up owing the company money to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresent the job as an opportunity for being an entrepreneur not as a job for 9 to 5'ers.

Worked for Mutual of Omaha? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mutual of Omaha reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mutual of Omaha CEO Dan Neary. All 128 reviews posted anonymously by Mutual of Omaha employees.