MutualBank

Add Photos

David W. Heeter

Great place to work

Vice President (Current Employee) Mishawaka, IN

Pros-Family friendly culture
    -Paid time off to go to doctor and dentist (incluing for your child or parent)
    -4% match on 401k
    -Funding of HSA for employees
    -Cover more than 1/2 of medical insurance premium
    -Incentive compensation for all employees

Cons-Sometimes have difficulty letting long-time employees go even if poor performance warrants termination
    -Because of size, approx 420 employees, company is not a trendsetter but does attempt to follow trend leaders. If a potential employee needs that kind of environment, it won't be found here.

Not a supportive workplace

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits good
    Corporation has good core values

ConsManagement and workers are not always on the same page. Salary is not even with competition. Everyone seems to be very stressed which creates a poor working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to have a better feel for all of your departments.

An ok place to work for an ok amount of pay.

Senior Teller (Former Employee) Marion, IN

ProsSchedules are always set ahead of time. Easy to ask for specific days off. Know what is expected every day.

ConsEmployees get bored. No where to move up. Raises stop after a few trainings. Raises are low and not motivating. Management in each branch have power trip issues. Management doesn't abide by same rules as tellers. Lowest paying bank teller position in the area. Most other banks in the area start out at $11/hour or more for teller positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want more from your employees, you need to do the same. Lead by example.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very excellent employer.

Mortgage Clerical (Former Employee) Muncie, IN

ProsGood work environment. Good benefits.

ConsBasically, I cannot name any real negatives.

Great place to further experience and great organizational culture.

Audit Assistant (Current Employee) Muncie, IN

ProsGreat work/life balance and great management.

ConsNot as much room for advancement as I would like.

Great and caring Company

Senior Teller (Current Employee) Granger, IN

ProsThe people that work her are great! They've been like my family for the last 5 years. They don't want you to push their products and services down customers throats, which makes it easier to do our job and to really know what to recommend to our customers to help them out.

ConsI think that the pay could be a little better and also I don't believe their promotions are very fair. As soon as they have in mind who exactly they want, they don't take anyone else into consideration. At least with some managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReally look at your employees accomplishments before promoting. It seems as if people get promoted just because they are friends of the managers.

Worked for MutualBank? Contribute to the Community!