Muzak, LLC

Updated Mar 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John D. Cullen

Pros
  • Ability to work from home, travel in your territory, new technology coming down the pipeline(in 3 reviews)

• Pre-Chapter 11 and Mood acquisition: A vibrant culture and productive work environment(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Layoffs have decreased company morale along with no 401K and a pay freeze last year(in 5 reviews)

• The upper management team-both the most recent arrivals as well as the longer-term team(in 5 reviews)

One of the best companies I've ever worked for!

Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsThe opportunity to make income and commissions, positive work environment, can work from home in a pinch

ConsIs franchised out in some areas. For the most part the franchises are nothing like corporate. They lack diversity and management doesn't always have the same skill level or emotional intelligence.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever stop being accessible to your employees it's what made you wonderful.

Do NOT work for this company

A/V Tech (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsUse some decent gear, Crown amps, Mackie, Bose etc.

ConsHorrible management, behind in technology, dangerous work environments, work your ass off to pay everybody else's salary etc.......

Advice to Senior ManagementWouldn't waste my time giving advice

"if you're here for the money, you're here for the wrong reason" - CEO

Production Manager (Current Employee) Fort Mill, SC

ProsThe culture used to be exceptional; good benefits and a very good work/life balance. Things definitely changed after the merger.

ConsQuality issues abound - current managers are far less experienced than the people they replaced.

'sweat-shop' atmosphere that prevails in the Fort Mill facility

Advice to Senior ManagementChange or fade away! There are far too many alternatives to this company's services for their current attitudes to continue.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

So much potential, so little professionalism.

Sales (Former Employee) Fort Mill, SC

ProsCreative environment, casual dress code.

ConsThere was never a clear vision or strategy for accomplishing business objectives. Not even sure if business goals existed, other than "Don't Go Bankrupt!" Leadership consisted of a handful of men with very little business acumen outside of Muzak who were all pushing for the most political power and were more concerned about how big their bonuses were going to be than trying to support their teams. Business systems are from the 1980's. No raises and no 401K Match in SIX YEARS.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut all the auxiliary products, and focus on being the best at ONE service, rather than being mediocre (or poor) at many! Give your teams the right access and visibility to customer data so they can become customer advocates. Your employees are your greatest strength, yet you continue to treat them like they are disposable. You have lost some of your best employees because of this!

Need help at the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat office environment, 4 weeks PTO, fun products

ConsNot much direction from leadership team

All aboard the sinking ship.

Voice Production Engineer (Former Employee) Fort Mill, SC

ProsCool working environment. Cool facility. Cool co-workers.

ConsLess than satisfactory pay yet they don't seem to mind spending tons of money on flashy digital signage displays for the front entrance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a handle on the company priorities. Treat your employees better and you product quality will go way up.

Roller Coaster of a ride for 12 years

Account Executive (Former Employee)

Pros- great people
    - flexible schedule

Cons- commissions were constantly going down
    - hard to keep up with the changing policies, pricing, products offered
    - no 401K match
    - lot of wear and tear on vehicle
    - job titles constantly changing
    - big turn-over

sleep well sweet prince

IT Administrative (Current Employee) Fort Mill, SC

Prosonce a great place to work!

ConsNew Owners have no clue...

Advice to Senior Managementdig a hole

Muzak was an Icon! Now being dismantled!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Fort Mill, SC

ProsWhen it was Muzak, it was awesome! 160 hours of PTO from day one. Casual dress! Music overhead all day! Cool building! Awesome people to work with. Concerts, events etc.

ConsNow that it has been bought out by what they say is Mood Media it is really being run by DMX their former competitor..Revenge is not the best word but close!

Advice to Senior ManagementLorne Abony! Shame on you!

Follow up review-8 months after being layed off

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsLearning about the music/equipment industry.

ConsConcur with all the other harsh reviews you read about this company. I took a job as an Account Executive for 6 months. I couldnt have been any happier about losing work but now I find myself unemployed past the desired period with no prospects. As the previous reviewer commented, they let you go with no outplacement care or employer support.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some guts and dont sell-out to the corporate bigwigs.

Worked for Muzak, LLC? Contribute to the Community!