My Dentist Reviews

1.9
Kevin Offel

1. Marketing Department

I worked at My Dentist full-time

Pros

Decent benefits including dental work.

Cons

Fire you when you quit. Waiting line for dental benefits was long.

2. Employees are completely disposable

Former Employee - Hygienist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Hygienist in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

pretty good pay, ok benefits but they cancel them at midnight on your last day.

Cons

Now it is owned by Heartland Dental, which has to be the worst company ever to work for. Management are oblivious to what goes on in the back, completely lacking compassion. Claims to be family oriented but are the complete opposite. Puts way too much pressure on the back to not only produce, but has the assistants and hygienists do most of their work too. This is the most stressful place I've ever worked and now that I've left I couldn't be happier.

Advice to Management

I don't think any amount of advice can help this place. It is a sinking ship, so jump ship now!!!!

3. Job dude

Current Employee - Engineer in Wichita, KS
    Current Employee - Engineer in Wichita, KS

Pros

I like to do what I do and I like to listen to my boss so I can get the job done . I respect all employees on the job

Cons

Work work but it will pay off. I like working my tail off excise not only does it make me feel good but it gets the job done and that's a good feeling

Advice to Management

I take advice from peers

5. Revolving door

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

I worked at My Dentist (More than a year)

Pros

The pay was great for a dental assistant starting out.

Cons

The office I worked at had 4 different dentists that worked there in under a year. And the majority of them were fresh out of school.

Advice to Management

Be more helpful to the dentists who need extra help with certain procedures.

Disgusting

Former Employee - Associate Dentist in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Associate Dentist in Kansas City, MO

I worked at My Dentist full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will earn a pay check other than that there is nothing good about this company

Cons

The management knows nothing of dentistry and bully us into doing questionable treatment to earn them the all mighty dollar. They treat the dental assistants terribly and demand unreasonable expectations not allowing for adequate sterilization. They often run out of product due to "monetary allowances' and do not care how this effects the patient. They lack all care and concern for employees and patients alike. This place is a disgrace to dentistry.

Advice to Management

Hire dentists to manage your facility and treat people fairly. Stop bullying treatment on patients that don't understand. There is a moral way to approach people and this is not it!

7. Helping an extraordinary man bring his dream to fruition is amazing...

I have been working at My Dentist full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growth potential, being a part of something bigger is amazing,

Cons

Now that it has been purchased it is hard to get things to move quickly. Job security is scary.

Advice to Management

Be honest with affiliations.

8. Good experience for new grads.

Former Employee - Associate Dentist in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Associate Dentist in Tulsa, OK

I worked at My Dentist full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They accepts all insurances, including cash and Medicaid. You get mentorship from the lead dentist in the office.

Cons

Large turnover rate of staff, including doctors, assistants, and managers. Was told during interview that offices only see 15% Medicaid, however my office in particular saw 85% Medicaid.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to visit individual offices to ensure that the goals of the company are being implemented and achieved.

The worst corporate dental job ever, a word of advice to potential employees or job seekers, run from this ompany.

Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Dental Assistant in Kansas City, KS

I worked at My Dentist full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money and the dentist. great co-workers, hours were good.

Cons

Upper management likes to bully patients into their dental work, when they have no money.

Advice to Management

Educate management on employee satisfaction.

Do not recommend working for this company. Be forewarned.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at My Dentist full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-I learned what NOT to do in the Dental field.

Cons

-Extremely high turnover, my entire office except for the doctors, got replaced twice. -Make you come to work sick, getting everyone else sick too. -poor management, don't lead people, rip people off, -it's all about production goals, if not attained they scrutinize you. -always over book the schedule -little to no training. -very difficult to get a raise -after giving a months notice for time off, it may NOT get granted OR get approved week of your vacation/time off. - you often get sent to work at other offices with no additional compensation and with longer hours -hard to see your peers mistreated ie work with no lunch, UNPAID mandatory meetings before or after work( this happened often, they paid it once, then tried to do this several times again) -very stressful environment if a patient doesn't show up -if there were reviews on this company before I got hired, it would have saved much heartache. -

Advice to Management

It's about people. Treat them like family, not a COMMODITY. A good company starts with their leaders, get some leadership -it's absent. I would recommend EntreLeadership by David Ramsey or How to win friends and influence people by Dale Carnegie to start these changes.

Poor Management

Former Employee - Patient Advocate in Ardmore, OK
    Former Employee - Patient Advocate in Ardmore, OK

I worked at My Dentist full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was close to I-35

Cons

All about the money. Untrained dentist.

Advice to Management

Better training , better staff and worry more about the patient. Before you leave your current job think about it. If you like to show your assets and backstabbing you will fit right in.

RSS Feed </> Embed