My Fit Foods

Updated January 30, 2015
Updated January 30, 2015
1.8

David Goronkin

On the job fascination with fraternisation will ensure non-termination between management and employee relation.

Current Employee - Stewart in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Stewart in Houston, TX

I have been working at My Fit Foods

Pros

Decent hours, great people, great teamwork when moral is high.

Cons

Texas is a "No Fault State" is used an intimidation tool. That is used to force you to do whatever management wants and needs you to do . Right or wrong

Make sure to train management document, report and follow-up on all diceplenary actions so they can be held responsible for the decisions they make, which are good for the security of the growth of your company and your loyal employees.
    And please take sexual harassment and bullying seriously. One guy almost got hurt.

Overworked and Underpaid

Current Employee - Nutrition Coach in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Nutrition Coach in Dallas, TX

I have been working at My Fit Foods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I love the people I work with, they have become some of my closest friends.

Cons

I can't live off my "salary". When business isn't good upper management sends mean e-mails. They ask us to work extra days after they reduce our salary...

Take care of your employees and they will take care of your business. If your business is declining, don't yell at us. Maybe it's something YOU'RE doing wrong.

Not the worst experience but not the best

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at My Fit Foods part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay
    My supervisor was so sweet and easy to work with

Cons

Had to work alone at the kiosks which got boring
    High turn over so we always had to pick up slack
    I don't know how the new CEO and management is doing since I was layed off because the HEB kiosks were getting shut down but the former management was terrible and unorganized.

Get more organized.

Dont trust a word they say...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at My Fit Foods full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They did have quite competitive salaries. The pay was not worth it in the end.

Cons

No direction. No growth. Friends of friends of friends are managers. Unsettling atmosphere.

executive chef

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Austin, TX

I worked at My Fit Foods full-time (less than a year)

Pros

a lot of work

Cons

too much work with limited staff, in order to order was a night mare. no support from upper management, poor planning and roll outs. mass confusion with the direction company was going. The facility was in poor state cooler not working temperature control was an issue. food always out of temp which caused poor products. feel sorry for the clients who were sold on program had to eat poor quality food. Worst job I ever had

I was sold on an Idea of health way of cooking meals. however the company was living a pipe dream.. a lot of good staff who cared were forced to leave due to management lack of knowledge on how to run a business of that size. Too many upper management who had no experience making six figures. were jerks who played on the idea that they knew what were doing.

Such a waste of time and energy, do something better with your life.

Former Employee - Front of House
    Former Employee - Front of House

I worked at My Fit Foods

Pros

when I was first hired on I felt as if I were actually helping people, but even this pro is a con because the only people you are truly helping are the weasels in corporate.

Cons

Sexual harassment is allowed and goes without any punishment for the harasser, additionally the victim will be fired. The company is full of parasites who have sucked the life and soul from what was the essence of MY FIT FOODS; now the company is fighting to just keep the doors open.

Get your act together.

Poor Management

I have been working at My Fit Foods

Pros

The only good thing about My Fit Foods is educating customers about how to eat healthier

Cons

Not organized in providing growth opportunities for employees, very slow traffic flow.

Best Job in the World Turned to Complete Garbage.

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at My Fit Foods

Pros

Pay and Flexibility of hours.

Cons

General Manager would literally work 7 hours a week and get paid salary with no accountability.

On a good note I do believe that there are select stores out there who have awesome General Managers and run an enjoyable operation with a good crew. "Few and far between"

Have gone through all levels in management all the way to Senior Leadership "Corporate". Incompetent cannot begin to describe how things are handled "Which is why they are no longer with HEB".

Young, Fun Organization

Current Employee - Administrator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Administrator in Austin, TX

I have been working at My Fit Foods full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are interested in nutrition and helping the community, this is a great place to work. Most of the opportunity for advancement is in the field, at the store level.

Cons

As this company is young, there are growing pains, which is to be expected. My Fit Foods is founded on an interesting and fresh concept, hopefully they are able to continue their growth and become truly successful.

Some words for MFF

Former Employee - Heb Kiosk Manager
    Former Employee - Heb Kiosk Manager

I worked at My Fit Foods

Pros

My Fit Foods,

First off, I apologize for publicly attacking you, however I feel I have no other option... Please read this, at the very least.

I am a former happy employee of My Fit Foods. I started back in February of this year at a kiosk. After my new hire period I was quickly promoted to supervisor due to my obvious impact on the locations sales. After 5 months of bettering peoples lives, having customers shrink before my eyes, daily gratefulness of general strangers for helping them make a healthy choice, or even just for giving some advice. I enjoyed the job beyond all. I thought I was going to stay there and work my way up in the company.

Before I jump to the end, I'd like to add in a few issues that became:

-Questions of where MFFs "All natural" protein came from was never answered, the only thing my city was ever told is "the meat comes from Cysco." Which isn't a very good answer if you ask me.
    - waste policies: when I first got hired, employees could take wasted food so that not so much would get thrown out. A few months in we weren't allowed to anymore and also the food ordering process changed, creating this problem where daily (FROM A KIOSK) 200!!! meals would be wasted. When us supervisors got together and tried to change at least the ordering process back to how PERFECT it was before, our bosses basically said shut up and deal with it. For months I watched $600+ a day go to the trash, of all natural and healthy foods.
    -management is terrible! New branches of the company are opened and new ideas are started with no plan or even troubleshooting. Kiosks used to have no supervision or support, menu changes and any change at all took months and months to even be halfway completed in stores. This made it very hard for our jobs to be done sometimes.

With all that said I STILL enjoyed the job and always tried improving these situations.

Come August, my fiancé and I had to quickly decide to move to Utah for family reasons. I had to sadly put in my 2 weeks notice. I proudly told my supervisors that when I end up in a state with MFF again, I'd gladly return.

About a week before my last day I got very sick at work and NEEDED to go home, I could barely even stand, which is your only option at a kiosk. I called my supervisor, who I've know for years and he very rudely and carelessly told me "If you leave you're losing your job."..... WHAT! I had just had an impromptu anxiety attack (which he didn't even ask about) which I tried to explain. He reiterated himself and hung up. Furious, I attempted to contact the 2 supervisor I knew to contact that were above him. I didn't want to go over anybody but what's a girl to do here. BOTH ignored my calls and never even got back to me later. Since I was soon to move I couldn't lose that last week of pay, so I stayed. Tears in my eyes, body shaking, unable to speak or move, I stayed, for 6 hours. My fiancé picked my up when my shift was over and virtually had to carry me out.

I thought it strange how harshly I was treated but I tried to look past it.

3 days before my last day, as I was nearing the end of my shift, my sup calls and says to wait a minute for him to get there... Ok sure. He comes in, hands me termination papers and says that I've stolen time from the company and am being terminated.

WHAT?! This company that I loved so much and had literally given up my 18 yo life for just accused me of stealing from them. I had literally lost all my friends and time for this job for the past 8 months and they just did this...

All my sup said was that a former employee (who I had trained and worked with, and when he quit to go to school, was PO'd that he didn't get more hrs from mff, he came in on his last day and yelled at me for not scheduling him more when he was trying to save money, when he was openly hired as a fill-in mostly) so anyway this guy had written a letter about all sorts of things pertaining to the multiple kiosk he worked at. One of those things is that I stole time from the company.

This was all the proof they gave, exactly what was stated above. They took the word of a disgruntled former employee and also gave me such little explanation.

I can tell you here and now that I never stole time from the company and I did not deserve to move away as a thief and without the awesome job reference I should have had.

I am here to defend my reputation and expose the wrongful actions done to me.

Since then, MFF cut $300 out of my last paycheck for 3 days of PTO that I used before I left (ILLEGAL) when I called to ask they said nope what I got paid is all I get. I had to BEG hr for my paystubs for weeks. I also asked for proof of their accusations and my 3 immediate sups, hr, and everybody else has either dodged me or ignored me.

I feel like I was deeply wronged and MFF should know about this. I believe my circle of supervisors were not great at their jobs and that's very apparent in how sloppily employees were handled.

I'll be posting this until I get a response because I tried to ask nicely and now I'm left hopeless.

Cons

The above statement stands firm.

Please respond.