My Organic Market

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Doren Hall

It was great, employees are still my friends. I learned a lot, interacted with very smart earthfriendly people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Rockville, MD

ProsYou work with people that care for the environment. The atmosphere is very positive, you learn a lot and help others to understand the company's values. Overall if you care about natural and organic food, local farming and a better Earth is a great place to be.

ConsI didn't like to work on weekends and some Holidays, because I have a kid I wanted to be off those days too, and at MOMs you have to work at least one weekend day and most Holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good wwork, keep expanding as you are already doing and keep spreading the word about the respect we have to have for Mother Nature.

Good pay, but poor management

Cashier (Former Employee) College Park, MD

ProsGreat pay, especially for college students and careers starters
    A company that stands for a worthy cause--keeping the environment as healthy as possible

ConsHorrendous--and I mean absolutely downright despicable management. Scott Nash (the head of the company) seems to have good intentions, but his management skills are appalling. Today I marvel at the magnitude at which MOMs struggles with management of emplyees. The College Park store alone goes through managers faster than any company I've ever been with...within six months it's possible that the store will have hired and fired three respective managers. I'm not sure about their other stores, but at this particular one they treat their employees like children. Even when someone is new to the job and still learning, they may be fired on the spot for making a petty mistake. I put in my two weeks because I didn't like the tyranical atmosphere that management brought. It's is beyond me how a company run this way has stayed in business. . . if they continue this way, their days are most surely numbered.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus less on customer service and focus more on serving your employees. Your employees are the tip of the sword and they are the ones that help generate the most income. They are NOT mere "tools" that you can use and discard when ready. I advise that you all stop acting like grade school children when it comes to management and begin to behave like responsible business men and women.

Worked for My Organic Market? Contribute to the Community!