My Weight Doctor

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Dr. Haifa Shaban

So happy with this company

I have been working at My Weight Doctor

ProsThis is a great company to work for. All of managment are so nice and helpful and rewarding when you do a great job!

ConsOne of the major cons is when the roads are icy or wet from bad weather so this in turn makes traffic alot busier than ususal.

Advice to Senior ManagementI cant help but only give positive feedback. It just goes to show since everyone I work with is always happy and they love their job.

No respect, no support, no consistency, high turnover, pay sucks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at My Weight Doctor full-time for more than a year

ProsShiny new technology to blind you from the sleaziness and politics. The patients are pretty cool, until they are being taken advantage of by your company and you have to be the bearer of bad news. If I could have given NO stars it would have been more accurate.

ConsYou are expected to lie and close sales no matter what. There is no support to help handle the complaints when patients realize they were lied to. There is no incentive to sell their plans, commissions are terrible! No attention is given to patient care or retention. Managers are expected to clean the entire clinic including patient bathrooms. There is no dietician on staff so patients aren't actually getting nutritional counseling. Paychecks are consistently late and you are given no pay stub or commissions report to show the correct calculations. Half of the phone calls you answer are MWD collections calls because they don't pay the vendors. Management is asked to lie to prevent former employees from collecting unemployment. Whether or not you leave on good term you still have to fight to receive your last paycheck! All calls are monitored and recorded but patients are completely unaware. They conveniently forget about reviews and no one ever gets raises. In fact pay is cut drastically if you fail to meet their sales goals. Even if you work hard, stay late, answer emails on your day off, never get written up or do anything wrong they will fire you for no reason. They are greedy and do not care about their employees or patients. Upper management compared selling their plans to selling used cars. Run from this place!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf the sheer number of bad online reviews from patients and former employees, the complaints from current employees, dissatisfaction of you doctors and being in the red every month doesn't make you want to change then nothin anyone suggests will. There is a reason you still have competitors!

No Worth the Hype

College Park, MD

I have been working at My Weight Doctor

ProsThe clinics have really good technicology. It seems that they are really nice with giving discounts for the employees on health plans, and are generally nice about bending the rules when you need it. They take a lot of advice from some employees, and they take our word for what we say instead of not trusting our instincts.

ConsOur payroll is always being paid late. Sometimes management will spy on us through their video cameras and then write us up later. Sometimes management changes their minds on things they decided on before.
Sometimes the meetings are not done right and it can be boring because participants don't complete all of their assigned work. The owners are not good at communicating to the staff, and they end up making people feel awkeward and scared to lose their job. There's constant talking about people behind their backs, and management always seems to take gossip as truth.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think they need to find some more qualified managers to run the clinics and allow them to develop rules. It always seems like they change the policies off and on and it makes it hard for people to know how to do things. Also, mgmt should not fight in front of their staff members because it makes it hard to feel safve working in that type of environment. They should also stop shifting people around in different positions all the time because we never feel a sense of security and stability.

STAY AWAY

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Herndon, VA

I worked at My Weight Doctor

ProsCommissions for sales, plan discounts, and good technology

ConsManagers are crazy. They are not qualified to run a business, and bring their personal life problems into the workplace. This company is started by a pshysician and then she brought her family into the business. And they have ruined the work environment by changing company rules randomly, yelling at employees, and expecting us to know what they are thinking all the time without any work policies or instructions. They have tempers. It is uncomfortable to work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a management class and a class on ethics.

Patients lose their money, and the employees lose their sanity

College Park, MD

I have been working at My Weight Doctor

ProsGood discount for employees & commissions for selling/signing up patients to weight loss plans. Work with high-quality technology

ConsCorporate managers gives out write-ups like they're coupons. They write employees up for everything without the right training. Then when they have no use for you anymore, they fire you and use those old write-ups as reasons to fire you. Upper management does not give anyone time-off and expects managers to work 12 hours a day. They do not offer any assistance or advice to correct any of the "mistakes" that are made. They favor certain employees over others if they feel that they can use you for their selfish gain. They use profanity and yell at you like you're a child no matter how severe the mistake. They do not reward hardwork or dedication. They expect everyone to do what they want when they want without giving the proper tools. Bad place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage a company by learning how to treat your employees fairly. No company can go far with abusing your staff emotionally and having high turnover. It is important to give the staff the tools to complete their duties correctly.

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING NEW

SCAM of the CENTURY (Current Employee)

I have been working at My Weight Doctor

ProsIf you need some quick cash and ability to make extra money at a moment's notice, this is the place. They'll give you high compensation...but at a price tag.

ConsThis place has no morale whatsoever. I have been promoted to so many different positions, after taking over positions from employees that were fired or let go. I've been asked to represent the company in unemployment hearings, and asked to do a variety of things I'm not even sure are legal. This company does so many shady practices. I'm just trying to find another job as soon as possible.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe founder needs to take this business away from the current mgmt and get some REAL managers instead of hiring the family to run this business. This will fix everything

Best Career Choice I'd ever made Joining this Company!!

I have been working at My Weight Doctor

ProsUpper Management is very supportive and fair in all aspects when it comes to how we carry out our job responsiblities and with the choices we make on a day to day basis. They are always there for us to guide us and give us the knowledge we need to suceed and grow with the Company. Working for this company is also very rewarding because we are able to help so many people who come to us for help with weight loss so that they can lead healthier and happier lives.

ConsThe biggest downside is that sometimes we work with fellow clinic support staff employees (previous and still with the company) at different locations that do not appreciate the opportunity they'd been given being employed with My Weight Doctor. They expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter without even putting in a good days hard work for it and flat out just doing their job. Very frusterating to those of us who love what we do and understand that we made the choice to work for this company therefore we are responsible for making sure we always follow rules and guidelines that have been set in place for us from day 1.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to upper management is to keep doing what you're doing because we all think you're doing a great job!!!!

Worked for My Weight Doctor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at My Weight Doctor reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for My Weight Doctor CEO Dr. Haifa Shaban. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by My Weight Doctor employees.