MyCityWay Reviews

Updated June 14, 2014
Updated June 14, 2014
3.9

Puneet Mehta

A good learning opportunity here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at MyCityWay as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Flexible schedule
    - Friendly colleagues
    - Good working place

Cons

- Things are changing too fast here in this small startup company. People keep coming and going. You need to spend more time on getting familiar with everyone's work style due to this.
    - Compensation for interns is quite low compared with the high living expense here.

Numerous opportunities to expand one's career

I have been working at MyCityWay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Market or better pay, good benefits, and open feeling office space. More than most company fun events. You usually feel very engaged with peers, the management and clients. Generally you will be thanked for good work and told you are doing well. Whenever you have to work late evenings, you get to order out free food.

Cons

You have to work hard there, sometimes long days and weekends - which could be rewarding both monetarily and for work experience.

Confusing and demoralizing

I worked at MyCityWay

Pros

Great colleagues
    Nice office space with good views
    Company seamless account

Cons

Work often assigned on whims, with no project planning
    Questionable attitude to work/life balance
    Shifting milestones
    Low moral among employees
    High turnover
    No understanding of marketing goals/analytics/market-fit amongst employees

Decide what you want to do with the company and stick to it
    Communicate better with employees
    Increase the transparency with business decisions
    Don't deceive employees / provide false information - there is no upside to this.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Highly innovative start-up that provides every employee with an opportunity to gain a well-rounded experience

Former Employee - Product Development  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Product Development in New York, NY

I worked at MyCityWay full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Extremely Innovative Culture
    - Exposure to various areas of the business and tech for all employees
    - Highly transparent at all levels
    - Growth opportunities are tremendous. I saw a superstar player getting promoted every 4 months
    - Work-life balance is good since everyone is encouraged to give their best during work hours
    - West Village office is awesome - amazing view of the hudson and great restaurants nearby

Cons

- Like any start-up, schedules here can get hectic during launch times
    - Not everyone can survive in a meritocracy

MyCityWay is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MyCityWay full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of a better place to work than MyCityWay. I've worked at several companies during my time including several big names you have all heard of, and I could never imagine going back to those places after having worked at MyCityWay.

I'd like to mention early on that MyCityWay is a very intense place to work. You're surrounded by super smart people who are incredibly passionate about our mission. Everyone is expected to execute as strongly as the person next to them, and those who don't contribute are obvious to the rest of the team.

Working at MyCityWay is different from anything else out there. How many computer science students can say they've worked on a software than runs in a BMW car or powers an experience for One Laptop Per Child? How many startups have offices in three countries and encourage you to explore international opportunities? How many of us can look back and say we honestly worked on projects that touched millions of people?

Beyond the mission itself, the people at MyCityWay are top tier. When you sign on as a member of the product team or business team, you're joining a regiment of the best of the best. I've never seen any environment where so many super smart people are so passionate about their work, and it certainly shows. You also get a chance to experience first-hand what a profound impact we're having in so many areas. It's not something we can typically talk about publicly, but it's more rewarding than anything I've ever done before.

The company also treats its employees really well. There are the usual start-up but also a culture of celebrating birthdays 'together' - with all of us.

When you join MyCityWay, know that you're immersing yourself into a different experience than anything else you have seen before, but even though people joke about us working too hard and getting too involved, I wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Cons

If you're looking for a 9-5 job, you're looking in the wrong place.

Keep adapting to our growing pains. Otherwise, keep up the great work.

Fast paced workplace full of great people who also happen to be over achievers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at MyCityWay full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Everyone pursues excellence.
    - Everyone is masterful at their work.
    - Everyone is very intelligent and many are over achievers.
    - Everyone is committed to the success of the company.
    - Work is highly collaborative.
    - Communications are transparent across all teams.
    - The work itself is challenging, fast paced, and frequently changing.
    - Leadership clearly communicates company goals and performance.
    - Under-performers find it hard to survive.
    - The hiring bar is high and many, many candidates are interviewed and rejected.
    - Teams joke around a lot, laugh a lot, and have fun together regularly.
    - Employee retention is very high. Few people leave.
    - Most people are upbeat and positive.

Cons

- Early stage employees tend to work very, very hard to prove themselves.
    - Praise for an individual's good work is usually brief. The focus is on the team's success as a whole.

Offer more internships. I wish I was introduced to start-ups in NYC when I came out of college and not after multiple years in corporate america.

Great culture - work hard, play harder. Some of the best minds in the mobile business

I have been working at MyCityWay full-time for more than a year

Pros

Office space, work atmosphere...Everyone feeds off of each other creatively...innovation is encouraged...there is never a "bad" idea since they usually turn into great ones.

You walk into the West Village office in Manhattan and KNOW you are at a place that thrives on creativity.

The people I work with everyday are fantastic and literally the most talented people I've ever worked with. There is always a consistent drive for success shared at all levels.

The clients that MyCityWay works with are all A-class brands and this lends to some of the fun of working with well-known established brands.

Cons

You aren't able to sit on the sidelines and not contribute (sarcasm)

Management needs to be better

I worked at MyCityWay as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Claim to do good geoloc based work. Reached out with some good interesting ideas to develop latest technology work.

Cons

Higher management are people not honoring their words or contracts. This is surprising especially coming from a company based in NYC and getting the government funding there.

Great companies are built on great management and great team handing workforce with a sensitivity.

Worked for MyCityWay? Contribute to the Community!