MyComputerCareer.com

Updated February 23, 2015
3.7

CEO

Career Services

I have been working at MyComputerCareer.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed working with MyComputerCareer over the last two years and hope to continue working there for some time to come. My hard work has been rewarded with opportunity that I never thought possible in my career. I have gotten to partake in helping staff and students develop into new roles or industries, as well as continue to have constant development opportunities for myself.

Cons

Challenge would be to watch students that you know can get through this program and get a new or better career, give up too fast and too easily. It is hard when you can't help someone realize their potential or what the education can help them accomplish.

MyCC gear for all employees!

Rewarding work for a place that believes in what they are doing. Long hours. Room for but always making improvements.

Current Employee - Instructor in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Instructor in Columbus, OH

I have been working at MyComputerCareer.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Higher end of compensation for the industry. Encouraged to learn as well as earn certifications paid for by the company.

Company has been growing creating lots of opportunities for advancement, changes in roles or change in location. Company has been making recent strides to improve the conditions for staff and clients by increasing (or better managing use of) space and personnel. All levels are open to suggestions and feedback.

Leadership works just as hard as they expect the staff. Areas of most improvement include how constructive feedback is given, and recognition of achievements. Many positive company values are clearly rooted in owners beliefs and personal experience.

Cons

Serving clients that are mostly available outside of business hours requires schedules that accommodate that need.
    This can be hard on the work life balance of the staff. This must include scheduled time on the weekends.

Although Paid time off requires 30 days notice for some to guarantee coverage, the policy is not used to deny time off even on shorter notice. Any "paid" holidays still tend to require extra hours that week negating the holiday. PTO will not be paid out upon separation.

Like any work place, employees and clients will be happy with some things and unhappy with others. You must continue to endeavor to be upfront with expectations of staff as they start, change duties/roles, or change supervisors.

As you continue to move away from project mode and into systematic operations please set long term, patterned schedules to help both staff and clients easily predict likely scenarios.

Continue to find ways to compensate in time, incentives or otherwise, the above an beyond work (this does not have to cost you; options could include parking space, featured employee, etc)

I have enjoyed my experience at Mycomputercareer.com.

Current Employee - Flex-Time Instructor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Flex-Time Instructor in Houston, TX

I have been working at MyComputerCareer.com part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It gives you ample opportunities to continue your education.

Cons

Would enjoy more hours but part-time will have to do for now.

More investments for the future.

I enjoyed working at MyCC

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at MyComputerCareer.com part-time (more than a year)

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

no real cons with this company it is a family owned company and could be "biased" with their own instead of listening to others

none

IT professional

I have been working at MyComputerCareer.com part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Get Training and Certification that works.

Cons

Be Ready to work very Hard

Update to server 2012