MyFitnessPal

myfitnesspal.com

MyFitnessPal Reviews

5.0

Mike Lee

Meaningful, challenging, fulfilling, exciting.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MyFitnessPal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

At MyFitnessPal, you're doing something that matters - positively changing millions of lives for the better. The MyFitnessPal team consists of really smart and really hard-working people. Everyone is really friendly. The work we do is both meaningful and challenging. I always look forward to going into work the next day. I'm constantly engaged with something new and exciting to work on. The best part is that I feel I'm making a difference everyday.

The place also has some of the best leaders. Everyone respects that you have a life and sometimes life happens and you need time to sort out stuff like that. They trust you to do your work and they don't micro manage - they're there to make sure you have everything you need to get things done.

There is a culture of fun at MFP. Everyone is friendly, funny, and they all seem to love working here. The office is a great work environment - with standing desks and treadmill desks. There's a health and fitness focus even at work, with weekly running and yoga. There's healthy snacks at work everyday and lunch is catered. All in all, one of the best places I've worked at.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Best company culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MyFitnessPal full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are an incredible number of reasons why I love working here, but here are the top reasons:

First and foremost, working on a product that literally changes people's lives for the better. The Customer Happiness team sends us feedback from our customers every Friday and it is incredibly inspiring.

Secondly would be working with amazing people; our co-founders have set the tone for the company and have done an amazing job of bringing in people who are genuine, intelligent, and passionate about their craft and our mission.

Third would be that we are able to maintain a healthy work/life balance which I feel is so rare. Our leaders really care about the employees and want people to be happy -- which means being able to have a life outside of work too.

Last but not least would be that I am enabled to do my job. This means I am trusted and respected, I am given the freedom to work autonomously, and given all the resources I need to get the job done.

Cons

I'll check back when I find some

MyFitnessPal Photos