MyLife Reviews

MyLife CEO Jeffrey Tinsley
Jeffrey Tinsley

1. Great company to work at with fantastic people

I worked at MyLife full-time

Pros

I had a great time working at MyLife. I met some of the smartest and nicest people there. MyLife hires top notch people and creates a great environment for people to contribute and learn. It offers a great work life balance with a flexible schedule. The CEO is very approachable and easy to talk to. He is a passionate guy with a lot of experience in the industry. You can't beat the location, the free lunches on Wednesdays and Fridays, free bagels on Mondays, the summer parties at the CEO's house and the famous egg hunt. It is definitely a fun place to work at and you will never be bored.

Cons

There is no working from home but they do offer a flexible schedule.

2. Bright Days Ahead

Pros

Revenue is up. New and improved products on the way. Hard work pays off, and there have been many smart people moving the company forward. Of course, should mention that happy hours on Friday are fun. And the annual Easter Egg hunt is great. The CEO hides lots of cash in eggs around office. A good time is had by all, and many people go home with extra money.

Cons

Some really nice people have left. Though I suspect they'll be replaced by other nice people. Oh, in a company filled with computer engineers you'd think we'd figure out a way to keep our printers working,

Miss the people...not the job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA

I have been working at MyLife full-time

Pros

PEOPLE (although most are sadly gone). Fantastic working environment. People were a real joy to work with. Beautiful office and surroundings

Cons

Sadly this place has become a ghost town. Layoff after layoffs (poorly planned, rumors, no real vision)

Advice to Management

LISTEN to people who specialize in a certain areas of expertise.

The End Is Near

Pros

Paycheck and some nice people to work with.

Cons

Product, Lack of Vision, CEO, Upper Management (what's left anyway), Micro-Management,

Advice to Management

You're part of the problem. You have reinvented this company so many times without success. It's time to move on.

Learned a lot, glad I didn't stay too long.

Pros

Learning about large scale websites and marketing.

Cons

Business model of charging to see "who's searching for you' - which could end up being someone looking for another person with the same name.

Great opportunity working with great people that care and want to positively impact the world.

I have been working at MyLife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is pursuing an exciting opportunity behind helping everyone look good to the world, and protect their privacy, reputation and identity online - an important need for every individual. Led by a team with many past successes, the company has a great office space and location as well.

Cons

If you're not smart, collaborative, great at what you do, bring passion to make a positive impact on the world, and want to contribute to our company's success every day, you shouldn't work as part of our team. The Core Values of MyLife are: - We Care About Our Customers Needs, and Work Hard to Deliver Valuable Services - We Believe Collaboration Gives Us the Best Chance for Success - We Take Risks to Find Impactful Solutions - We Value Time and Move Quickly - We are Relentless About Driving Toward Success

Advice to Management

We all (management included) work hard to identify and pursue big strategic opportunities with the team, and management works hard to ensure clarity of direction and purpose, while keeping everyone informed about progress. We are also working hard to ensure that we only hire A-players as teammates that fit our cultural values.

No future possible here

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at MyLife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The location of the office was good - right on Wilshire. There was a decent party culture, so people went for drinks after work and hung out. Halloween is very fun with a huge party, and Easter has a pretty intense easter egg hunt in the office.

Cons

Management is delusional about the value of their product. The entire company is built on a subscription model that doesn't fulfill the promise of finding out if anyone is searching for you for free. It's a paid service and you don't realize you will be billed for 6 months up front. There was a high level of complaints from customers. No leadership. No chance for professional development.

Advice to Management

Build something of value instead of trying to dupe users into spending money with you.

MyLife's new direction satisfies a substantial need in the market place and amazingly innovative! Hats off to the CEO.

Pros

Good people work there. Nice, talented, easy to get along with and fun. It's great to apart of something unprecedented!

Cons

I feel many of the staff are just going through the motions. Management could be more proactive is getting everyone more excited about what they are apart of. New product developments are taking longer then I'd like.

Advice to Management

The moral is low and the work environment is too relaxed. You have a lots to be excited about with the new product. I think you can work on projecting this with more enthusiasm and get everyone more excited. Be more receptive and proactive in getting ideas from your team.

Poor management and no vision

I worked at MyLife (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company continues to invest into existing product knowing that there is not a need for the product in the consumer market.

Cons

Poor leadership and no vision. The current product is not being used even if it's free. The morale is very low and good people are already moving on.

Advice to Management

They don't have a management team to run the company.

The over optimism is not realistic

Pros

The location of the office is central in LA and the parties at the CEO's house legendary. It will be interesting to see if this company lasts in the age of Facebook.

Cons

Shareholders are nervous, the downturn too extreme now and not many people left.

Advice to Management

There is no management left.

RSS Feed </> Embed