MyLife

Updated January 27, 2015
Updated January 27, 2015
2.6

Jeffrey Tinsley

Great opportunity working with great people that care and want to positively impact the world.

I have been working at MyLife full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is pursuing an exciting opportunity behind helping everyone look good to the world, and protect their privacy, reputation and identity online - an important need for every individual. Led by a team with many past successes, the company has a great office space and location as well.

Cons

If you're not smart, collaborative, great at what you do, bring passion to make a positive impact on the world, and want to contribute to our company's success every day, you shouldn't work as part of our team.

The Core Values of MyLife are:

- We Care About Our Customers Needs, and Work Hard to Deliver Valuable Services
    - We Believe Collaboration Gives Us the Best Chance for Success
    - We Take Risks to Find Impactful Solutions
    - We Value Time and Move Quickly
    - We are Relentless About Driving Toward Success

We all (management included) work hard to identify and pursue big strategic opportunities with the team, and management works hard to ensure clarity of direction and purpose, while keeping everyone informed about progress. We are also working hard to ensure that we only hire A-players as teammates that fit our cultural values.

MyLife's new direction satisfies a substantial need in the market place and amazingly innovative! Hats off to the CEO.

I have been working at MyLife

Pros

Good people work there. Nice, talented, easy to get along with and fun. It's great to apart of something unprecedented!

Cons

I feel many of the staff are just going through the motions. Management could be more proactive is getting everyone more excited about what they are apart of. New product developments are taking longer then I'd like.

The moral is low and the work environment is too relaxed. You have a lots to be excited about with the new product. I think you can work on projecting this with more enthusiasm and get everyone more excited. Be more receptive and proactive in getting ideas from your team.

Poor management and no vision

I worked at MyLife (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company continues to invest into existing product knowing that there is not a need for the product in the consumer market.

Cons

Poor leadership and no vision. The current product is not being used even if it's free. The morale is very low and good people are already moving on.

They don't have a management team to run the company.

The over optimism is not realistic

I have been working at MyLife

Pros

The location of the office is central in LA and the parties at the CEO's house legendary. It will be interesting to see if this company lasts in the age of Facebook.

Cons

Shareholders are nervous, the downturn too extreme now and not many people left.

There is no management left.

Company seems to be sliding down and steadily failing

I have been working at MyLife

Pros

Friendly coworkers, free lunch on Fridays and Wednesdays, startup vibe, nice office location in Westwood with many dining and shopping choices near by.

Cons

There were too many layoffs and job cuts. Some people let go after only being hired a few months before hand. The company feels desperate and is trying these "new" tactics to save itself. Financially, it seems to be suffering. If you are offered a job here, I would be leery of taking it due to financial security -- both yours and the company. Don't be fooled by the recent fake positive reviews. This is not a promising place to work.

Trying too many "creative" tactics is hurting the business. And these decisions are harming people's livelihoods.

Jan 20, 2015CEO

Like most companies, we have gone through challenging times related to the explosion and success of Facebook but are making good progress to create a unique company that helps people look good online ... More

Great Environment to work at!

Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Westwood, CA
    Current Employee - Rather Not Say in Westwood, CA

I have been working at MyLife full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free to work at your own pace and not rushed with unrealistic deadlines.

Cons

The Direction changes quite frequently

Need to stay a little more focused

Honestly

I have been working at MyLife

Pros

Mostly nice people, beautiful office, once was a very fun place to work.

Cons

Far too many layoffs and resignations in the last year or more. The most recent round was especially painful and poorly thought out. A good majority of the company was aware of it weeks beforehand, as a result of several very unprofessional members of management, which raised the anxiety level exponentially in the days leading up to the layoffs. A few key contributors were let go almost at random, though many were already aware that their names were on that list. The CTO and CFO have also left. More resignations have followed and there are many more to come.

Consider bringing on people who you trust enough to listen to and are capable of preventing you from risking your company on products which are lacking a sound revenue model.

Nov 19, 2014CEO

It's unfortunate that you might not be built to work in a company that is working hard to create and build a new exciting market, with great people trying to make it happen. If you don't want to be ... More

Not much time left now...

I have been working at MyLife full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The food, drinks and employees are helpful. CEO's parties are fun and memorable. Excellent connections were made over the years.

Cons

Most employees have been let go since the business is falling quickly. It has tried every business model but the brand is not well established. The culture is toxic at best. I would not recommend.

Get new jobs, you were no where near as good as you thought you were. You talked the talk and could not walk the walk.

Nov 19, 2014CEO

If you can't see the opportunity, and don't want to help the rest of the team push toward success, you probably shouldn't be here and should probably walk out. We want people here that see the ... More

Dont go there

I worked at MyLife full-time (more than a year)

Pros

not sure there are any

Cons

CEO, CEO and CEO

Sell as fast as you can

"Great place to work, good people and culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MyLife full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free food 3 days a week, good down to earth smart people to work with. Highly collaborative environment. Great office space and views. Fun parties and the company does charitable contributions a few times a year. Company pays for parking - lots of shops around since company is in Westwood by UCLA. Monthly company meetings so people are in the know of what's happening in short and long term objectives.

Cons

Commute - but is LA so what can you expect.

Would like work from home flexibility periodically

Jul 17, 2014The Mylife Success Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you are having a great experience!

MyLife Photos