MyPublisher

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carl Navarre is the current CEO of MyPublisher, Inc.. Carl Navarre

Great place & Great people

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at MyPublisher as a contractor for less than a year

ProsOffice culture, compensation, good management

Consnot much to say for now

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Worst Job Ever

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at MyPublisher full-time for less than a year

ProsCoupon Codes for free photo books

ConsNo resources available, software, website, packaging, shipping, and returns all have major issues. Customers are fed lies and fake technical troubleshooting. Reps are taught to lie to the customer. Its always the customers fault. Oh and the environment in the Atlanta, GA Perimeter office is deplorable. From the silly rule of no internet use to no phones at your desk. Its laughable that this company is still trying to compete. Lets not forget the phantom full time jjob your offered. which turns into something a 15yr old would make after school a couple days a week. Its terrible. I will be one happy camper when this company is shut down!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've already sold to Shutterfly, Now just end MyPublishers life now and put the Representatives out of their misery.

Entreprenurial- easy to make an impact.

Director/Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at MyPublisher full-time for more than a year

ProsLeadership is open to ideas & empowers people to get them done. Can get a lot done and can drive ideas to completion if you're motivated and driven to do so. People are collaborative and friendly. Work environment is great.

ConsCEO's direction changes frequently, so it is hard to follow through on plans. Company was purchased by Shutterfly, so this could change significantly.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ugh.

Front End Developer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at MyPublisher full-time for more than a year

Prosfor the most part great people
work/life balance

Consthe product
the top management
the tech environment

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Disfunctional

I have been working at MyPublisher

ProsHigh level work without a lot of organizational hierarchy to get in the way

ConsThe CEO drives everything and that's not always for the best

Not a Job to Work Long-Term

I worked at MyPublisher full-time for more than a year

Pros-Kitchen always properly stocked with snacks and drinks
-Short work hours for mediocre pay
-Fellow employees are decent (generally does not apply to management)

Cons-Firstly, every manager micromanages and it is difficult to get any work done
-Employees sometimes bring their personal drama into the office and distracts from daily work
-Generally a "closed-door" office and it is not only distracting but it is bad for moral
-Lots of buck passing especially if you are a lower-level employee or do not suck up to managers
-Absolutely no raises or promotions from within; no incentive to stay longer than a year
-Hard work is never rewarded but mistakes are always recognized and employees are always punished either with harsh scoldings or firings

Advice to Senior ManagementDefinitely begin to recognize and trust the talent that has been hired and utilize their skills instead of wearing them down. Demand an "open-door" policy with upper management as well as hiring better managers. Be specific with job requirements and make sure everyone within the department understands what they are responsible for.

You'll be frantically looking for another job after 1 month

Software Engineer (Former Employee)

Pros* Snacks
* Free lunch once a week
* Fairly regular raises
* Some good people to work with (for a short time anyway)

Cons* No opportunity for advancement. When a manager leaves they hire another from outside.
* Horrible office environment. Everyone is piled on top of one another without any privacy whatsoever.
* IT is treated as a liability rather than an asset.
* Turnover rate is insane. The most "senior" developers have been there 1-2 years. The smart people all leave once they come to their senses.
* No bonus, profit sharing, or other incentive to do better. Most everyone does the bare minimum required.
* Executive staff a bunch of stubborn micro-managers. They cater to the whims of a demanding, unfocused owner who changes his mind about the direction of the company on a daily basis. No progress is ever made.
* HR does not care about employees and they always side with the owner/managers.
* Your voice will never be heard. Nobody cares about your opinion or individual contributions to the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt amazes me how they are always wondering why the turnover rate is so high in IT. If they would simply stop for one minute and listen to their employees, they'd have all of their answers.

Stressful place to work

Valhalla, NY

I worked at MyPublisher full-time for more than 5 years

ProsConvenient location, quality product, nice kitchen.

ConsNo internal job postings and little chance for advancement. MyPublisher always hires managers from the outside, giving employees little incentive to stay. Hence high turnover. HR is NOT on the employees' side as they are supposed to be -- if you have a problem with a colleague or manager you might as well kiss the job goodbye because you will not be listened to. Education and intelligence are not valued. A lot of favoritism and surprise layoffs and cutbacks. Owner changes his philosophy on a whim and the entire company is affected by his mood swings.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees some reason to want to stay! Post available jobs and hire from the inside when possible. Treat employees like people, not cogs in the factory.

Programmer

Programmer (Former Employee)

I worked at MyPublisher full-time for more than a year

ProsFree lunch once a week, kitchen stocked with snacks and fruits, wine and beer social once a month.

Cons- Owner is a horrible micromanager, specially if you're a designer
- Everything is a priority, in the end everything takes longer to finish
- Owner changes his mind a lot, again slowing the release of new products, prices, coupons, designs, etc.
- Promotions are non-existent, if they need someone for a certain position they'll hire someone new before considering one of their own. There's no career path.
- Raises requires pleading, arguing and ultimately they'll have an excuse about the bad economy
- Most employees leave within a few months or are fired within a year, even applies to the president

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to hire a staff that cares about the long term success of the company.

Toxic, negative work environment

I worked at MyPublisher full-time for more than a year

ProsComplimentary snacks, nice facilities, decent pay

ConsAverage tenure of senior employees is less than a year and industry knowledge amongst employees is very low. Turnover extremely high - about 20% per year. Good people quit or get fired with unusually high frequency. CEO runs company with fear and intimidation and there is no encouragement for new ideas or for constructive feedback to him. Productivity is low due to micro-management style and fear of doing something wrong. No performance reviews, non existent raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people with industry experience and treat them with respect. Develop a culture of creativity and reward good ideas and thinking outside the box. Encourage teams to work together.

Worked for MyPublisher? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MyPublisher reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MyPublisher CEO Carl Navarre is the current CEO of MyPublisher, Inc.. Carl Navarre. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by MyPublisher employees.