I worked at Myer Pty
Pros – Interesting work environment and some fun people to work with.
Cons – Training system needs radical overhaul.
Advice to Senior Management – review the training and ongoing training in Myer. Get better people.
Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend
2010-12-06 16:35 PST
I worked at Myer Pty
Pros – Good leadership, teamwork , working environment. Myer is the best!
Cons – Too busy on the peak time
Advice to Senior Management – Better money
2010-10-15 01:39 PDT
I have been working at Myer Pty
Pros – - Strong brand recognition in the Australian Retail Industry.
- Very challenging environment for those wishing to work for high pressure environment.
- Very fluid and dynamic environment which is constantly changing.
- Generally friendly colleagues within ones team.
Cons – - Low training and development for people within their roles.
- Bums on seats, what-ever it takes management mentality.
- Below board, most aren't empowered to make the decisions within their role but they are highly accountability for the outcome anyway.
- Very high expectations to deliver with excessive pressure and lack of appropriate resourcing and support.
- Very fluid and dynamic environment which is constantly changing and evolving. This is often despite itself to deliver on an idea but with little-no planning or considered review before doing.
Advice to Senior Management – It is my observation that the good people get burned-out quickly trying to meet often unrealistic expectations of them. We are very good at coming up with new ideas and new approaches but we rarely support these through with a realistic evaluation of how to do it effectively or appropriately. We so often do... just to meet a time line or for a quick benefit but don't really deliver because it was ill conceived or poorly planned on the outset.
Additionally, we like to consider ourselves as an employer of choice but the high pressure of our environment, the non-existent training and development programs (masked by ineffectual policy and processes that are in place with no funding to back them), and the constant shortcomings of our initiatives means that we have developed a very negative image for outside professionals. Everyone wants to sell us stuff or contract services to us but above entry level, no-one really wants to join the team unless they have no other options.
I think it is unfortunate and very sad that this is what has happened. I think the very top of the tree has the right idea and spreads the right message, but I just dont see it filter past the board to the teams or through the processes that we have in place.
Our brand and culture used to be sought after but now, most consider it just another mediocre salary that they would leave as soon as something else came along that was remotely close.
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend
2010-01-03 16:06 PST
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a current/former employer or recent interview experience. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –