Mylan Inc

Updated Mar 27, 2014

Mylan Inc CEO and Director Heather Bresch

Heather Bresch

Union Worker

Union Manufacturing (Current Employee)
Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

ProsPay and benefits are above average and most days the job is relatively easy even in one of the more difficult departments that I am in. I get paid more than many of the company employees such as chemists, etc. Especially, when overtime is factored in. There is certainly no reason to complain when people are outside digging ditches for much less. That doesn't stop people here from complaining though.

ConsA lot of politics are involved in this job ever since the company went global and Puskar passed away. The treatment of employees has most certainly went down. The regulations being imposed by the company (the FDA is actually less stringent) have increased by a great margin. Most of the regulations are senseless and only in place to justify the jobs of the quality workers that enforce them. You also receive very little respect when wearing a union uniform and are treated as if you're a second class citizen at times, despite that fact that many in the union hold advanced degrees higher than the people managing them. It can definitely be discouraging at times. In the companies defense, many union employees are lazy and worthless and are most likely the reason we have come to be treated this way.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep watching your employee's closely and treat those that actually do their job with respect and leave the degradation to the union employee's that do not. Communicate more efficiently and hire from within so future supervisor's and management employees aren't just guessing at how to run the company and actually have a background of what's involved.

Strange company

Middle Manager (Current Employee)
Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Mylan Inc

ProsInspiring mission, compensation, can do attitude of the culture, good company to work for in a bad economy, location is great, low cost of living, good CEO

ConsMore SVPs per square inch than an investment bank, some SVPs very weak and/or poor leadership models but persist, very poor communication, weak HR function, very political environment. Long work weeks, not sustainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent management is an area to look into and improve. Need to improve communication and transparency - VPs seem afraid to cascade information down, unclear why this is but should be fixed.

very challenging

Associate Director (Former Employee)
Saint Albans, VT

I worked at Mylan Inc

Prosjob satisfaction and promition potential

Constravel time and work environment

Advice to Senior Managementbe more aggresive

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mylan review.

Corporate Pilot (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mylan Inc

ProsMylan has an excellent benefits package.

ConsWe have to work most holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your workers informed. Stress good communication and feedback without retribution for suggestions that you may not like to hear.

Not a stable environment.

Manager (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Mylan Inc

ProsThe pay is competitive and the benefits are good. It is a fast paced environment with a lot of opportunities to learn new things and be on high profile projects. Great tuition reimbursement program.

ConsThere is little work/life balance and spending time with your family or having other obligations is looked down upon. People lose their jobs left and right and everyone is looking over their shoulders. Their is not a collaborative feel in the workforce because it is everyone for themselves. People are becoming a product of their environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees. Don't just say people are our most important asset-mean it and act as though it were true.

Good enough...

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mylan Inc

ProsPay is competitive espicially for the area. Benefits are good. They offer free prescriptions and very cheap medical and vision insurance. They offer performance bonuses and christmas bonuses for the time being. A majority of the people who work there were born and raised in wv and therefore there is a real close-knit, family feel at work. Most everyone is friendly and works together well.

ConsOver all, it seems annoyingly old-school. Days are slow, everything seems to take forever and change is an illusive creature that everyone tries to beat down.
They seem to have an issue with promoting talent. Those in charge seem to have gotten where they are just because of their years of service.

Advice to Senior Managementpromote talent

Neutrality.

Technician. (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mylan Inc

ProsPay check every two weeks.

ConsCommunication is a big problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf ethics and integrity are important, then make everyone abide by these principles.

Very good place to learn pharma

Project Trainee (Former Employee)
Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Mylan Inc as an intern for less than a year

Prosbeat place in india to place to learn, and work
easily approachable managers
more number of instruments available than any pharmaceutical company in India

Consless pay, very slow growth, low employee values and standards
no interesting project for interns and make them work like hell and offer very less package

Its working always on improvement of Quality Systems.

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time

ProsIt provides more Job satisfaction.

ConsWorkaholic nature and Production oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould focus more on Employee benefit.

Nice experiance

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for less than a year

ProsGlobal platform with core standards

ConsThere is no matter which to share

Worked for Mylan Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mylan Inc reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mylan Inc CEO Heather Bresch. All 31 reviews posted anonymously by Mylan Inc employees.