Mylan Inc

Mylan Inc Reviews

Updated May 22, 2014

Mylan Inc CEO and Director Heather Bresch

Heather Bresch

I wouldn't reccommend this place to my worst enemy...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Canonsburg, PA

ProsStrong company with a strong future

ConsThe leadership at Mylan does not care about their employees. They lead with fear rather than respect. Even within the departments, everyone looks to put the blame on someone else and no one hesitates to throw a colleague under the bus to save their own behind. The culture is defeating. Lots of yelling, swearing and name calling from the top down - no respect for employees whatsoever.

physically and mentally exhausting.

Trainee (Former Employee)

Prossalary is higher compared to other companies.

ConsHeavy workload,extreme pressure from senior officials,abusive language by management ,impolite behaviour , lack of human touch and no co-operation by the HR(very un-professional way of working).initial training period is 2 years in which salary is less.

Advice to Senior Managementchange the way of working of the HR.

Not a stable environment.

Manager (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe pay is competitive and the benefits are good. It is a fast paced environment with a lot of opportunities to learn new things and be on high profile projects. Great tuition reimbursement program.

ConsThere is little work/life balance and spending time with your family or having other obligations is looked down upon. People lose their jobs left and right and everyone is looking over their shoulders. Their is not a collaborative feel in the workforce because it is everyone for themselves. People are becoming a product of their environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees. Don't just say people are our most important asset-mean it and act as though it were true.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Middle Management

Middle Manager (Current Employee) Canonsburg, PA

ProsPay is above average and the benefits are unbeatable.

ConsPoor work/life balance, very difficult to get time off. Even on vacation, you are expected to work. Over 40 hours a week every week is the expectation and when you are not in the office, it is expected you are mobile connected and still working. Upper management would rather hire outside rather than promote from within.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that not everybody wants to be married to the company.

20th Century Manufacturer

Scientist (Current Employee) Saint Albans, VT

Prospay and benefits package is very good

ConsThis is a very antiquated 20th century management group, which lacks leadership skills, provides little or no direction or vision among managers and supervisors. Blind obedience is the daily order of the day.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more receptive and open to employee improvement suggestions, and stop encouraging employees to inform on one another. Encourage adult, rational interactions.

Strange company

Middle Manager (Current Employee) Canonsburg, PA

ProsInspiring mission, compensation, can do attitude of the culture, good company to work for in a bad economy, location is great, low cost of living, good CEO

ConsMore SVPs per square inch than an investment bank, some SVPs very weak and/or poor leadership models but persist, very poor communication, weak HR function, very political environment. Long work weeks, not sustainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent management is an area to look into and improve. Need to improve communication and transparency - VPs seem afraid to cascade information down, unclear why this is but should be fixed.

lacking in expertise and encouragement

Proseducation and health insurance benefits

ConsCorporate culture. Organizational chart non existent. Very large lack of communication within this division of Mylan

Advice to Senior Managementneed development program for both hard and soft skills

Very good place to learn pharma

Project Trainee (Former Employee) Hyderābād (India)

Prosbeat place in india to place to learn, and work
    easily approachable managers
    more number of instruments available than any pharmaceutical company in India

Consless pay, very slow growth, low employee values and standards
    no interesting project for interns and make them work like hell and offer very less package

Union Worker

Union Manufacturing (Current Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsPay and benefits are above average and most days the job is relatively easy even in one of the more difficult departments that I am in. I get paid more than many of the company employees such as chemists, etc. Especially, when overtime is factored in. There is certainly no reason to complain when people are outside digging ditches for much less. That doesn't stop people here from complaining though.

ConsA lot of politics are involved in this job ever since the company went global and Puskar passed away. The treatment of employees has most certainly went down. The regulations being imposed by the company (the FDA is actually less stringent) have increased by a great margin. Most of the regulations are senseless and only in place to justify the jobs of the quality workers that enforce them. You also receive very little respect when wearing a union uniform and are treated as if you're a second class citizen at times, despite that fact that many in the union hold advanced degrees higher than the people managing them. It can definitely be discouraging at times. In the companies defense, many union employees are lazy and worthless and are most likely the reason we have come to be treated this way.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep watching your employee's closely and treat those that actually do their job with respect and leave the degradation to the union employee's that do not. Communicate more efficiently and hire from within so future supervisor's and management employees aren't just guessing at how to run the company and actually have a background of what's involved.

Good place to work

Buyer (Former Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

Prosclose to dart, nice people

Conslow salaries, not easy to get promoted

Advice to Senior Managementok

Worked for Mylan Inc? Contribute to the Community!