Mylan Inc

Mylan Inc CEO and Director Heather Bresch
Heather Bresch

I love this place a lot

I worked at Mylan Inc

Pros

I love this place very much

Cons

none...its great place to work

20th Century Manufacturer

Current Employee - Scientist in Saint Albans, VT
    Current Employee - Scientist in Saint Albans, VT

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

pay and benefits package is very good

Cons

This is a very antiquated 20th century management group, which lacks leadership skills, provides little or no direction or vision among managers and supervisors. Blind obedience is the daily order of the day.

Be more receptive and open to employee improvement suggestions, and stop encouraging employees to inform on one another. Encourage adult, rational interactions.

Fantastic growth organization, aiming for the stars

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time

Pros

Top notch benefits, passionate and heroic individual contributors, huge and consistent bonus component, and proven leadership. If your goal is to work in a corporate environment and have consistent opportunities for personal and professional growth, Mylan is a great choice.

Cons

Work/life balance can suffer through frequent, large project cycles. High performers may thrive, but high performance is considered to be them minimum expectation.

Restructure bonus program to better incentivize the highest performers. The difference between average and amazing can be immaterial.

Keep aiming high!

I wouldn't reccommend this place to my worst enemy...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong company with a strong future

Cons

The leadership at Mylan does not care about their employees. They lead with fear rather than respect. Even within the departments, everyone looks to put the blame on someone else and no one hesitates to throw a colleague under the bus to save their own behind. The culture is defeating. Lots of yelling, swearing and name calling from the top down - no respect for employees whatsoever.

Great Benefits

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has awesome benefits, from medical coverage to educational reimbursement. If you are interested in going back to school and are willing to put in the work, Mylan will pay up to 100% of your education based on your grade.

Cons

Like any other company, there are always politics that go on and will always go on. My experience was that the pros of the company benefits outweighed the cons. There was limited room for advancement during my employment.

Union Worker

Current Employee - Union Manufacturing in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Union Manufacturing in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are above average and most days the job is relatively easy even in one of the more difficult departments that I am in. I get paid more than many of the company employees such as chemists, etc. Especially, when overtime is factored in. There is certainly no reason to complain when people are outside digging ditches for much less. That doesn't stop people here from complaining though.

Cons

A lot of politics are involved in this job ever since the company went global and Puskar passed away. The treatment of employees has most certainly went down. The regulations being imposed by the company (the FDA is actually less stringent) have increased by a great margin. Most of the regulations are senseless and only in place to justify the jobs of the quality workers that enforce them. You also receive very little respect when wearing a union uniform and are treated as if you're a second class citizen at times, despite that fact that many in the union hold advanced degrees higher than the people managing them. It can definitely be discouraging at times. In the companies defense, many union employees are lazy and worthless and are most likely the reason we have come to be treated this way.

Keep watching your employee's closely and treat those that actually do their job with respect and leave the degradation to the union employee's that do not. Communicate more efficiently and hire from within so future supervisor's and management employees aren't just guessing at how to run the company and actually have a background of what's involved.

Strange company

Current Employee - Middle Manager in Canonsburg, PA
    Current Employee - Middle Manager in Canonsburg, PA

I have been working at Mylan Inc

Pros

Inspiring mission, compensation, can do attitude of the culture, good company to work for in a bad economy, location is great, low cost of living, good CEO

Cons

More SVPs per square inch than an investment bank, some SVPs very weak and/or poor leadership models but persist, very poor communication, weak HR function, very political environment. Long work weeks, not sustainable.

Talent management is an area to look into and improve. Need to improve communication and transparency - VPs seem afraid to cascade information down, unclear why this is but should be fixed.

very challenging

Former Employee - Associate Director in Saint Albans, VT
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Saint Albans, VT

I worked at Mylan Inc

Pros

job satisfaction and promition potential

Cons

travel time and work environment

be more aggresive

Mylan review.

Current Employee - Corporate Pilot in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Corporate Pilot in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Mylan Inc

Pros

Mylan has an excellent benefits package.

Cons

We have to work most holidays.

Keep your workers informed. Stress good communication and feedback without retribution for suggestions that you may not like to hear.

Not a stable environment.

Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Mylan Inc

Pros

The pay is competitive and the benefits are good. It is a fast paced environment with a lot of opportunities to learn new things and be on high profile projects. Great tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

There is little work/life balance and spending time with your family or having other obligations is looked down upon. People lose their jobs left and right and everyone is looking over their shoulders. Their is not a collaborative feel in the workforce because it is everyone for themselves. People are becoming a product of their environment.

Value your employees. Don't just say people are our most important asset-mean it and act as though it were true.

Mylan Inc Photos