Mylan Pharmaceuticals

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hal Korman

14 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Didn't end the way I had hoped, but I had the best supervisor I've had, hands down.

Cost Analyst (Former Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsThe cost accounting department had a couple of tremendeous supervisors/managers that made the experience worth it.
    Pay was reasonable and there was plenty of opportunity for over time to make up for the temp nature of the opening.

ConsHuman resources department took 6 months to post an opening that existed for 9 and in the end cost me an opportunity to stay on with the company. I accepted an offer elsewhere.

Good pay, great benefits, HORRIBLE growth opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsThe pay is decent. The health benefits are some of the best around.

ConsIf you are looking for growth opportunities, this company is not the place to be. The motto of the company on the production side is "it's not about what you know, but who you know". Morale is at an all time low, and there are a lot of unhappy employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace people in positions that they are qualified. Take advantage of employees who want to do great things for the company. They are a valuable resource that can go over looked.

Five years at a great company!

Chemist (Former Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsExcellent benefits and salary, good bonus plan and profit sharing. Great co-workers.

ConsManagement was not always the most efficient. Performance review process could be frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make performance review more reflective of an employee's contributions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Listen to ideas and get out of the comfort zone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsOK pay, tailgate for WVU football games, social events

ConsMajority of employees are rude, on a high horse, or just don't care about you at all.
    Do not delegate right people to certain tasks (ex. training, management)
    Do not care to hear your ideas/input, their way is the way they will continue performing even though the industry is changing
    Too focused on the failure of rival companies instead of trying to excel themselves
    Make growth opportunities more accessible, too many people going for it -- along with new hires. Makes it impossible to move up unless you want to wait forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate training/coaching to the right employees. People who have good rapport, experience, and actually WANT to help the employee will do a better job than someone who is passed a long the job because of convienence.

Good place to work, but could be better

Lead Technician (Current Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsGood health insurance, free coffee

ConsSo called "Open Door" Policy is just a way to identify the complainers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore stock options would pull the "family" back together.

My dream job with a great company.

Senior Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsSalary
    Benefits
    Co-workers
    Great environment
    Plenty of room for advancement
    They remove as many obstacles possible to allow you to grow educationally, occupationally and personally

ConsI can think of any cons for working at Mylan.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the great work up!!

Easy but tedious work

Intern (Former Employee) Morgantown, WV

Pros-Simple tasks that anyone with middle school chemistry knowledge can complete
    -Interns don't really do much. Task are: making solutions, cleaning glassware, filing

ConsEven though everything that needs to be done is relatively easy, employees are often still scrambling to meet deadlines in R&D. Perhaps the atmosphere is too relaxing.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate your technology.

Good place for a career

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsRoom for advancement, good pay and benefits. Friendly co-workers and management. Very well versed for everyone of all orientations.

ConsToo little staff for certain areas and too many for other areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your employees.

Great Experience

Intern (Former Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsGood culture
    Great involvement of interns - actual responsibilities
    Exposure to upper management
    Opportunity for continued employment after internship

ConsCompensation was weak in particular areas

Long and rewarding experience

Manufacturing (Current Employee) Morgantown, WV

ProsThey pay well. They also offer many opportunities to advance in your career. The people are really friendly.

ConsAround some hazardous materials and often lacks good communication

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate!

Worked for Mylan Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!