Mylan Pharmaceuticals

Add Photos

Hal Korman

Good Company

I have been working at Mylan Pharmaceuticals full-time

ProsThe benefits at the organization are incredible and the work and family balance is also great. Its an innovative and fast growing company.

ConsSome managers are exceptionally inflexible and narrow minded
Some departments of the organization are micromanaged & others lack strong management which makes the organization imbalanced

Strong company with thorough training and great benefits

Specialty Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mylan Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe sales positions are great if you are good at working on your own. What kind of manager you get is key as to whether or not you will enjoy your position. Most of the managers are great, supportive and serve only as a guide and let you do your own thing. If you get a micro-manager, however, your life could be quite a challenge. Some micro-managers have ride alongs with their reps every 2-3 weeks, it's crazy. The company cars are great, free gas for personal use too. Wonderful health benefits, dental, vision, 401k with matching, etc.

ConsThe specialty division is rather small, so there is not a lot of opportunity for advancement. Management development program was suspended for years, and now takes very few people. If you are looking for advancement to management, this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementExpand the management development program. Give representatives opportunities to give feedback on managers, so that poor managers can be identified.

Top heavy in corporate - executive leadership needs to be synchronized

Business Manager (Current Employee)
Napa, CA

I have been working at Mylan Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 10 years

ProsExcellent health benefits. Non-senior executive employees are good people to work with.

ConsDirection uncertain in certain areas of the business. One size does not fit all. Tablets and capsule manufacturing is not the same as aseptic manufacturing in the FFS industry. Sad to see the Napa facilty close.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould be a great place to work. Provide resources where its needed. The business process for quality lags for the sake of profits and corporate success mantra. Work life balance is not there yet for some organizations within Mylan.

Didn't end the way I had hoped, but I had the best supervisor I've had, hands down.

Cost Analyst (Former Employee)
Morgantown, WV

I worked at Mylan Pharmaceuticals as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe cost accounting department had a couple of tremendeous supervisors/managers that made the experience worth it.
Pay was reasonable and there was plenty of opportunity for over time to make up for the temp nature of the opening.

ConsHuman resources department took 6 months to post an opening that existed for 9 and in the end cost me an opportunity to stay on with the company. I accepted an offer elsewhere.

Great palce to work

I have been working at Mylan Pharmaceuticals

ProsGood salary,benfits, work culture, environment

ConsSlow career growth, tedious job

Good pay, great benefits, HORRIBLE growth opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mylan Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThe pay is decent. The health benefits are some of the best around.

ConsIf you are looking for growth opportunities, this company is not the place to be. The motto of the company on the production side is "it's not about what you know, but who you know". Morale is at an all time low, and there are a lot of unhappy employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlace people in positions that they are qualified. Take advantage of employees who want to do great things for the company. They are a valuable resource that can go over looked.

Manufacturing Supervisor

Manufacturing Supervisor (Current Employee)
Caguas, PR

I have been working at Mylan Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMaylan is a solid company.

ConsWork that a team work.

Five years at a great company!

Chemist (Former Employee)

I worked at Mylan Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent benefits and salary, good bonus plan and profit sharing. Great co-workers.

ConsManagement was not always the most efficient. Performance review process could be frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make performance review more reflective of an employee's contributions.

Listen to ideas and get out of the comfort zone

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mylan Pharmaceuticals full-time

ProsOK pay, tailgate for WVU football games, social events

ConsMajority of employees are rude, on a high horse, or just don't care about you at all.
Do not delegate right people to certain tasks (ex. training, management)
Do not care to hear your ideas/input, their way is the way they will continue performing even though the industry is changing
Too focused on the failure of rival companies instead of trying to excel themselves
Make growth opportunities more accessible, too many people going for it -- along with new hires. Makes it impossible to move up unless you want to wait forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate training/coaching to the right employees. People who have good rapport, experience, and actually WANT to help the employee will do a better job than someone who is passed a long the job because of convienence.

Good place to work, but could be better

Lead Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mylan Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood health insurance, free coffee

ConsSo called "Open Door" Policy is just a way to identify the complainers.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore stock options would pull the "family" back together.

Worked for Mylan Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mylan Pharmaceuticals reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mylan Pharmaceuticals CEO Hal Korman. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by Mylan Pharmaceuticals employees.