Myler Disability Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.4
Bradford D. Myler

1. Not bad experience is improving and has been improving all year.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Myler Disability full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free soda. Paid time off structure got revised and is better now. Paid holidays and Christmas bonus yearly. Many little incentives throughout the year to keep things interesting.

Cons

Hearing management has a tough workload and the more people quit the harder it is on everyone else cause the workload gets split between them all. I just got promoted to scheduler and it is very easy going although Mondays and Tuesdays are pretty hectic.

Advice to Management

I would offer everyone a raise and evaluate employees more often. If people in management quit or get fired or quit tell us!! Managers have left and we had no idea they even did leave or why. More incentives and cut out the gift cards. We want cash or PTO not gift cards for McDonald's. Other then that keep.the innovation coming you all are trying very hard to make work easier for employees and are succeeding

2. Hearing manager

I worked at Myler Disability

Pros

The people where great, and the environment was very easy going.

Cons

To much structure, where it's impossible to be an independent thinker.

Advice to Management

Simplify task management.

3. It's a job I guess.

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in American Fork, UT
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in American Fork, UT

I worked at Myler Disability full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Increase in PTO and recent changes from the HR side have made it more tolerable. Free lunch one day a week during Summer and sometimes they'll have ice cream or various other treats for support employees. Management has a very hands-off style if you want to just do your own thing and you're motivated enough. Free soda and popcorn, if you don't mind sharing germs (and the soda machine is hardly ever cleaned). It's been improving, but that doesn't say much because of how bad they were a few years ago. Basically, if you want a job to be paid (and you don't mind playing the mind games management throws at you) this is a decent place to work. If you want career growth or to learn anything outside of your very basic task list then it can be extremely monotonous.

Cons

Management doesn't care about underlings and they don't get to know you unless you happen to be one of their favorites and then you'll probably be promoted. Not much support given from the training side of things and they promise more then they are able to give. Having a good work ethic and doing a great job isn't enough to merit anything there, you have to suck up to supervisors to get anywhere after a few months on the job. Like I said above, free soda but machines were rarely cleaned if ever. Old building too and it seems to be breaking down more often.

Advice to Management

Get to know your employees. Don't let management/supervisors/team leads fool you, they get away with things they probably shouldn't do. Management/supervisors/TLs need a lot of training to get up to par with other comparable companies and until they get the training they need they won't be able to properly train or support their employees. Don't be afraid to make changes to the way you currently do things. Cut it out with the gift cards and give PTO or cash bonuses instead.

5. THIS PLACE SUCKS!!!

I worked at Myler Disability

Pros

Even working and getting a pay check I still qualified for food stamps!!!

Cons

The only con is that this place actually exists!!! They boast about how great they are during their training, yet once you hit the floor and start working you can see that all they do is LIE!! Mr. Brad Myler knows NOTHING about his company!!

Advice to Management

All current management needs to be fired!!

6. Overall pleasant experience, lots of autonomy, great people and hard working staff.

Former Employee - Attorney
    Former Employee - Attorney

I worked at Myler Disability

Pros

The bosses are mostly nice. The company is based in Utah so most of the people who work there are Mormon, and Mormons are the nicest people.

Cons

Long hours, heavy workload, lots and lots and lots of traveling. However, it's part of the job and they tell you this at the beginning.

Advice to Management

Get to know your underlings more.

7. Great learning experience

I worked at Myler Disability

Pros

Great co workers who lend a helping hand when you're not able to meet your goals. Flexible with school schedules. Great job if you're going to school but not a forever job unless you're in management the compensation maybe worth it. Promote from within.

Cons

The case load as a case manager can be overwhelming. Even I first started the caseload was about 500, more responsibilities were added but the caseload remained the same making it difficult to meet goals and therefore missing out on bonuses. Low pay for the work done and health benefits are outrageous.

8. Great student job

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Myler Disability full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Family run Good pay good hours

Cons

work can be boring and repetitive

Advice to Management

Allow more flexible work schedules

9. Not bad, not great

Current Employee - Case Management in American Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Case Management in American Fork, UT

I have been working at Myler Disability full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for the company coming up on 4 years. 2 of which I was full time 40 hrs/wk, and for the most recent I have been working part time but not enough to cut off my benefits. This has been great as I still get PTO, insurance, payed holidays, etc. management has always treated me with respect and as a real person, not just as a number. I enjoy the structure if the bonuses, and the command system. I feel that improvements have been made in the past couple years to make it a more effective company add well as treats their employees better than in years past. Working with grateful and knowledgeable clients makes days better, and I have no complaints over the staff that I work directly with

Cons

Pretty much anyone can get a job at the new claims department which means that sadly there is a lot of idiots that start working but generally they quit or are weighed l weeded out fast. Insurance is pricy and I just cut mine off because they were so high. Clients can be very brutal which used to take it's toll on me until I realized generally they aren't mad at our company, and if they are its pretty easy to make then see reason that most thinker l things are out of our control. If they are still mad by the end it the call then they are just idiots and no person could make then happy. You have to have a thick skin. Not just to deal with the clients, but also dealing with SSA is a pain in the patooty depending in the state and in the worker you are dealing with.

Advice to Management

Take care of the ac/heater...it's a bit out of control that I've day I have to use a heated blanket and the next I feel the need to strip down to my skivys because it's so blasted hot.

10. Pretty much a call center

Former Employee - Case Manager in American Fork, UT

I worked at Myler Disability full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Small perks: free soda and popcorn everyday, sometimes ice cream. Can choose your own shift, 7-4 or 8-5.

Cons

Not much better than a regular call center. I got yelled at by angry clients every day.

11. VERY FUN PLACE TO WORK!!! =D I loved it!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I worked at Myler Disability full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun management, clean work environment, decent pay for Utah, employment referral bonuses, no cold calling- you only speak to clients or those who have expressed interest. You get your own cubicle to customize, free unlimited popcorn and soft drinks, weekly company BBQs and ice cream during the summer, Christmas bonus and birthday gifts each year!!! =D

Cons

Benefits premiums are a bit pricey with little coverage, some of the clients can be pretty ruthless at times because they get so impatient with the social security process. Don't take i personal and you'll do fine.

Advice to Management

Offer client referral bonuses as well as employee referral bonuses ;)

RSS Feed </> Embed