Myriad Genetics

Myriad Genetics Reviews

Updated Jun 10, 2014

Myriad Genetics President, CEO, and Director Peter D. Meldrum

Peter D. Meldrum

Myriad is a fabulous company run by doctors and scientists instead of managers.

Receptionist/Data Entry (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat compensation and benefits, such good people, not too big, but with the stability of a large company because everyone is invested in the success of the work. Myriad is into Six Sigma and 5S methodology which allows coworkers to do more of what they love.

ConsNearly every position requires a degree (although that's not really a problem).

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to teach all employees about the processes so they will be excited about their work.

Great Culture, Great Work-Life Balance

Account Executive (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsLocated in Research Park. Great Benefits, Work-Life Balance, Compensation, Employee Development. Great company to impact the lives of people who are suffering from cancer.

ConsHard for Management to embrace new ideas.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. You hired them for a reason.

Myriad is a great place to work!

ProsI love working with smart, innovative and hard working co-workers that are very dedicated to improving patient care. The employees here have a passion about making the patient experience a positive one. Everyone is very supportive and easy to work with - you don't see the internal politics that you see in other companies.

ConsIt is difficult to get to know people from different groups. It would be great to see more cross-functional teams working together.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe executives could definitely consider being more visible to the frontline employees that are working hard and show more appreciation for what we do!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Myriad Genetics

ProsSmall company and very dynamic.

ConsNew products launched without real good data

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't act like a drug company

Great place

Database Administrator (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWork environment is friendly.
    Everyone is willing to help each other out.
    Benefits are great.
    Great Location

ConsSometimes long hours are required, especially when on call.
    A lot of team work required and some people don't do their part.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to listen to those that feed you information. Never forget to praise the hard work that some put in. Look for those not pulling their weight and get rid of them. There are many times when I have been in situations where I have had to cover for someone else simply because they didn't want to work.

Great work life Balance and Benefits

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits, good products and ability to make great commissions.

ConsIt appears to be a lot of favoritism. Not always based on how well you do but rather who you know to advance. Some people are penalized even if they are achieving sales growth while others who are not achieving sales growth are rewarded. This is a sales company and the more you sell should be the focus!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees and don't lose site of the big picture.

Good place to work

Patient Service Coordinator (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsTake good care of their employees,

ConsLot's of drama among lower level employees.

Really Good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe people there are nice and fun to work with. There is lots of room for growth. They are hands on with training and try to make sure you know as much as you possibly can before they put you on the computers. Benefits are great. Stalk options.

ConsThey are stingy with raises. There are metrics for raises and the raises aren't that great, and they are only every quarter. You have to be in a position for 9 months before you can move to a new position.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micro manage. Not many of them do. Try to help your team, or someone on your team grow to a manager if that's what the eventually want to do.

If no desire to move up, would be satisfied

Data Technician (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsSurrounded by well established, and highly educated professionals. Great coworkers, decent benefits, and decent pay considering job responsibilities.

ConsVery difficult to move up career ladder. Management plays "favorites" and depending on which department you begin in can "make or break" you in your desire for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities to move across departments or upward mobility. Treating all employees equally.

Overall, I was pleased with my time there and opportunities for advancement.

Scientist II (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsWork/life balance and smart people.

ConsLow pay, distant and out of touch executives

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop objective measures of performance, de-emphasize the boys' club.

Worked for Myriad Genetics? Contribute to the Community!