Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Add Photos

Edward Stevenson

Stuck In High School

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsLots of PTO, but that's about it.

ConsDifficult to get days off, no holiday pay, the other employees are horrendous (yes, 99% of the 4,000 employees!), employee food costs have tripled, and both management and community members treat employees like dirt.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo, advice to the board of directors - wipe out all management from CEO down to middle management. FYI, you should probably also hire VP's who have a degree.

ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosa place to work and bathrooms are clean

Consnot always aware of what is going on

A good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsBenefits are above average and compensation is competitive. Overall, team members are friendly to one another and it is a good place to work. Also, good potential for career advancement if you work hard and have the right attitude.

ConsAs a large company, it faces many diverse challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and continue focus on what drives business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very large company with good benefits if you are full time, but CRAZY hours and Rules.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood health & dental benefits
    Business is open 24 hours, so people with a need to work non-traditional hours to accommodate their lives have many opportunities.
    Since there are so many different jobs, it is relatively easy to switch jobs within the company.

ConsThey are a sovereign nation, and therefore not required to take certain state laws into consideration.
    You are reminded daily how easily they can replace you.
    Starting pay is relatively good, but raises are literally less than a 25¢ an hour PER YEAR

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time time kissing Native butt, spend more time giving a little care towards the employees that bust their butt & work crazy hours to make you look like a successful manager.

Bad company

Facilities Custodian (Current Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsThe Health Care was decent and the PTO amount was decent. They gave a sort of bonus at Christmas a big old whopping $20 gift card. Pay was adequate!

ConsSmoke filled environment and if you are not Native American Good Luck getting treated fairly! No such thing as a Holiday. Expected to work every Holiday or grave consequences like mucho attendance points. No opportunities for advancement and if you get injured on the job you are considered a liability and risk and they try to get rid of you as fast as they can. In addition they offer little care when you are injured. You are not allowed to see a provider outside of their clinic. They also do no extra tests like an MRI or a CT Scan. I had a torn rotator cuff and all they did was PT which made it worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees like assets rather than expendable and unimportant.

If you work only for the benefits.

Cook (Current Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsHealth benefits and paid time off.

ConsKitchen management is terrible and egos are HUGE. Food is overprocessed and not something someone passionate about food could take pride in.

Valet

Transportation-Valet (Current Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsGreat pay and keep your own tips and a great incentive. Friendly co-workers...at times, enjoyable environment.

ConsCrap set hours and cannot switch due to stupid management rules. Can be slow at time. Always working on holidays. Excessive abuse of rules by supervisors and management at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit making up new rules to further upset your employees.

Its a very big company with many perks for thwir employeeswe are one big family

Blackjack Dealer (Current Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsLots of hours, perks and many coworkers

ConsThey open 365 days per year so its hard to celebrate holidays at home with the family

good job and pay for starting

Cashier (Current Employee) Shakopee, MN

Prosgood pay, benefits, and fast paced work envoirment

Consmandetory work on holidays, smoking envoirment

Advice to Senior Managementno comment

my boss micro managed and did a horrible job! Very unfair to all employee's in that department!

Fiance Department (Former Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsThe benny's are absolutely great!

ConsThe management at the casino's needs to be taken and given a class on how to respect their employees. They are very disrespectful towards the employee's after good and happy employee's makes for better business and happier customers!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over...they are old and very set in their ways!! They are very un-knowledged on the rules and operations of the day to day business. She changed the rules to save her own butt as she saw fit! Then playing the dumb card that she didn't know it was changed!! I feel the tribe needs to get into the operations more frequently and really take a look at how some of the managers treat their BEST employee's. When a pat on the back award is given for Outstanding customer service to the department manager she then in turn would change it on us and write us up saying she received complaints. Funny when the CEO congratulated you and you told him you were written up instead of being praised! Imagine the look on his face!

Worked for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel? Contribute to the Community!