Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Edward Stevenson

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

No complaints

Business Intelligence Developer (Former Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsDecent salary and benefits. I worked back in the business office and not on the floor, but Mystic Lake seems to take care of it's employees at all levels.

ConsA bit short on the PTO. There is a weird vibe with working at a casino.

Boring job that you had to "look" busy.

Slot Service Specialist (Former Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsI worked there while going to college. I was able to work on Friday and Saturday only. It paid for school supplies.

ConsThey would not let you talk to your coworkers. They treat their employee like children. Too many clicks and unprofessional management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up!

Great co-workers at the Slot Department. Abusive co-worker at the Blackjack office but management allows her.

Human Resources Staff (Current Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsMost co-workers are supportive. We are in the same boat. Good place to work if you want to end gambling addiction and don't want to go far to gamble. Good career advancement if you have other skills and education.

ConsThey declare their own holiday. Special events is a holiday - you need to be there or you will get a ticket out next time. Real holidays are not paid holiday pays and you need to work if it is not your day off!

Advice to Senior ManagementThe white managers and some white co-workers are the worst ones; the American Indian co-workers and managers are the BEST ones. The tribe should instill courtesy and respect like the American Indians do, and not let the white managers allow abuses from employees of other races. After all, it is an American Indian employer. The tribe should look at all the terminations the white managers approved of. If they do, they will see that employees are being terminated because of they spoke of abuses of white co-workers (like a white employee that takes numerous and long smoke breaks! and verbally abuse co-workers!). I saw that some American Indian employees were treated badly by white co-workers and if you side with the American Indian employee, you will get fired! Someone got fired for being a friend of the American Indian employee. The white supervisor, white manager, and white employee all conspired to get rid of her so that she could not say or do anything about their abuses. That is how bad it is because everyone in the department knows how abusive the white employee is, yet no one in the management side would want to do anything about her abuses. The good worker American Indian and people who support this person is the one that is being "picked on" - and fired!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Starts off fun, but gets old fast

Server (Current Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsGreat benefits and employee opportunities. Meet tons of fascinating people and a lot of employees and super nice and fun. Clean building.

ConsStressful. No holidays off or holiday pay bonuses, guests can be difficult or unreasonable. Managers (Minnehaha Cafe) are unprofessional and power hungry. Employees pay full price for restaurant food because we have our own employee restaurant, but food sucks at 3 in the morning. Community members are allowed to disrespect and treat you poorly. Christmas bonus is a $40 gift card (which is great, but given that the change found on the casino floor daily is more than a person's entire paycheck.) If you work in a restaurant and someone walks out without paying, security will most likely not find them.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect instead of condescending them. We're human beings and deserve that much.

Exciting and energetic atmosphere. Lots of great benefits and a very diverse team of employees at Mystic Lake.

Slot Supervisor (Former Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsGood pay and great benefits. You will meet lots of great people as they have a large workforce in the service industry.

ConsWork weekends and nights and holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time on team building. Felt that coworkers used to be closer but drifted apart apart during my tenure of almost 10 years.

One of a kind experience

Auditor (Former Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsTeam members are wonderful to get to know and the benefits are wonderful

ConsSwing and Grave hours are tough but working in the Gaming industry you first start out with the odd hours until you are able to switch the hours you would like.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you say something, follow through on what you say and do not just apply it to certain team members, apply it to everyone.

Stuck In High School

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsLots of PTO, but that's about it.

ConsDifficult to get days off, no holiday pay, the other employees are horrendous (yes, 99% of the 4,000 employees!), employee food costs have tripled, and both management and community members treat employees like dirt.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo, advice to the board of directors - wipe out all management from CEO down to middle management. FYI, you should probably also hire VP's who have a degree.

A good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsBenefits are above average and compensation is competitive. Overall, team members are friendly to one another and it is a good place to work. Also, good potential for career advancement if you work hard and have the right attitude.

ConsAs a large company, it faces many diverse challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and continue focus on what drives business.

Bad company

Facilities Custodian (Current Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsThe Health Care was decent and the PTO amount was decent. They gave a sort of bonus at Christmas a big old whopping $20 gift card. Pay was adequate!

ConsSmoke filled environment and if you are not Native American Good Luck getting treated fairly! No such thing as a Holiday. Expected to work every Holiday or grave consequences like mucho attendance points. No opportunities for advancement and if you get injured on the job you are considered a liability and risk and they try to get rid of you as fast as they can. In addition they offer little care when you are injured. You are not allowed to see a provider outside of their clinic. They also do no extra tests like an MRI or a CT Scan. I had a torn rotator cuff and all they did was PT which made it worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat the employees like assets rather than expendable and unimportant.

If you work only for the benefits.

Cook (Current Employee) Prior Lake, MN

ProsHealth benefits and paid time off.

ConsKitchen management is terrible and egos are HUGE. Food is overprocessed and not something someone passionate about food could take pride in.

Worked for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel? Contribute to the Community!