Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel

Good Job

Former Employee - Restaurant Server  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Restaurant Server in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Active environment
    - Engaging customers and employees
    - Great pay and benefits

Cons

- It's a casino, if people lose all of their money don't expect them to greet you with a friendly smile
    - Smoke

They are never happy

Former Employee - Facilities Custodian  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Facilities Custodian in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits are nice,a lot of great shows in the Showroom. Most of my co-workers were okay.

Cons

Takes two-months for health and dental to kick in, bosses don't work with employees, transparency is thin, the supervisors can't make up their minds. I wouldn't even send my worst enemy to this place if he was looking for a job. Just when things are going good it's no you are doing it wrong.
    Can't talk to anyone even for a little bit or the boss gets mad.

Quit worrying you will get fired and maybe there won't be one person running the casino.

Boring job that you had to "look" busy.

Former Employee - Slot Service Specialist  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Slot Service Specialist in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked there while going to college. I was able to work on Friday and Saturday only. It paid for school supplies.

Cons

They would not let you talk to your coworkers. They treat their employee like children. Too many clicks and unprofessional management.

Grow up!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No complaints

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Developer  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Developer in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent salary and benefits. I worked back in the business office and not on the floor, but Mystic Lake seems to take care of it's employees at all levels.

Cons

A bit short on the PTO. There is a weird vibe with working at a casino.

Great co-workers at the Slot Department. Abusive co-worker at the Blackjack office but management allows her.

Current Employee - Human Resources Staff  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Human Resources Staff in Prior Lake, MN

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Most co-workers are supportive. We are in the same boat. Good place to work if you want to end gambling addiction and don't want to go far to gamble. Good career advancement if you have other skills and education.

Cons

They declare their own holiday. Special events is a holiday - you need to be there or you will get a ticket out next time. Real holidays are not paid holiday pays and you need to work if it is not your day off!

The white managers and some white co-workers are the worst ones; the American Indian co-workers and managers are the BEST ones. The tribe should instill courtesy and respect like the American Indians do, and not let the white managers allow abuses from employees of other races. After all, it is an American Indian employer. The tribe should look at all the terminations the white managers approved of. If they do, they will see that employees are being terminated because of they spoke of abuses of white co-workers (like a white employee that takes numerous and long smoke breaks! and verbally abuse co-workers!). I saw that some American Indian employees were treated badly by white co-workers and if you side with the American Indian employee, you will get fired! Someone got fired for being a friend of the American Indian employee. The white supervisor, white manager, and white employee all conspired to get rid of her so that she could not say or do anything about their abuses. That is how bad it is because everyone in the department knows how abusive the white employee is, yet no one in the management side would want to do anything about her abuses. The good worker American Indian and people who support this person is the one that is being "picked on" - and fired!

Starts off fun, but gets old fast

Current Employee - Server  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Server in Prior Lake, MN

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and employee opportunities. Meet tons of fascinating people and a lot of employees and super nice and fun. Clean building.

Cons

Stressful. No holidays off or holiday pay bonuses, guests can be difficult or unreasonable. Managers (Minnehaha Cafe) are unprofessional and power hungry. Employees pay full price for restaurant food because we have our own employee restaurant, but food sucks at 3 in the morning. Community members are allowed to disrespect and treat you poorly. Christmas bonus is a $40 gift card (which is great, but given that the change found on the casino floor daily is more than a person's entire paycheck.) If you work in a restaurant and someone walks out without paying, security will most likely not find them.

Treat employees with respect instead of condescending them. We're human beings and deserve that much.

Exciting and energetic atmosphere. Lots of great benefits and a very diverse team of employees at Mystic Lake.

Former Employee - Slot Supervisor  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Slot Supervisor in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay and great benefits. You will meet lots of great people as they have a large workforce in the service industry.

Cons

Work weekends and nights and holidays.

Spend more time on team building. Felt that coworkers used to be closer but drifted apart apart during my tenure of almost 10 years.

One of a kind experience

Former Employee - Auditor  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Auditor in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Team members are wonderful to get to know and the benefits are wonderful

Cons

Swing and Grave hours are tough but working in the Gaming industry you first start out with the odd hours until you are able to switch the hours you would like.

If you say something, follow through on what you say and do not just apply it to certain team members, apply it to everyone.

Stuck In High School

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

I worked at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of PTO, but that's about it.

Cons

Difficult to get days off, no holiday pay, the other employees are horrendous (yes, 99% of the 4,000 employees!), employee food costs have tripled, and both management and community members treat employees like dirt.

No, advice to the board of directors - wipe out all management from CEO down to middle management. FYI, you should probably also hire VP's who have a degree.

A good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Prior Lake, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Prior Lake, MN

I have been working at Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel full-time

Pros

Benefits are above average and compensation is competitive. Overall, team members are friendly to one another and it is a good place to work. Also, good potential for career advancement if you work hard and have the right attitude.

Cons

As a large company, it faces many diverse challenges.

Keep up the good work and continue focus on what drives business.

Worked for Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel? Contribute to the Community!